Home

: : Past or Present : :

A/N: I just want to make a quick announcement before continuing on with this chapter.

First, I want to deeply apologize to all of my readers (I'll be amazed if any of you guys are still here) because I've neglected this story for so many years. It's been a struggle honestly to find motivation and time to complete this story. I started this story as a way to make my so-called love life interesting by putting it in a fanfic. However, as that love life went away and I still haven't found anyone yet these past years, it's been hard for me to personally write this story since I feel a bit distant from it. 

However, because I am graduating from college next year and am diving into the working world right away, I have set my mind to finishing all of my stories by the end of this summer, since I will no longer have time to freely write stories anymore. My writing has certainly gotten better, so maybe it'll be a lot easier to bear to read this story (lol).

Thanks for listening to me say my little spiel. Now, let's continue with this story. (:

::::::::::::::

With my heart heavy still trying to process what had taken place back in LA with Onew, I hailed a taxi cab back home, went straight to my room and collapsed on my bed. I burst into tears as I remembered all the emotions and events that happened within just this past week. 

Ugh, that was such a long week for me emotionally. I don't know if I can do this anymore. Onew broke my heart yet again. Maybe it's time I let him go. Should I let him go...?

As I started to think about the past week and what I should do, I drifted off to sleep, exhausted from simply life.

The next morning, I woke up with a jolt as my phone went off.

"Hello?" I groggily answered the phone.

"Eunnie! Yah! Why didn't you call me last night when you got back?" Oh, it's Kibum. I shot up in my bed. Oh no, shoot. I forgot to call him!

"Ah, mian! I forgot, Kibummie! I was so jet lagged that I went straight to bed as soon as I came home." I explained to him while getting out of bed. Putting Kibum on speaker, I changed out of yesterday's clothes and into new ones.

"Aigo, you. You have me so worried. My parents were constantly asking about you too." I slightly grimaced at that last statement as I remembered my arranged marriage with Kibum. "How was LA? Did you find Onew?"

I plopped down on my bed with a sigh as I looked at the phone, pausing before answering as I chose my words carefully.

"LA was good, just did what my parents needed me to do at the company. I did find Onew, but...." I trailed off, unsure of what to say to sum up everything that had happened. 

"Eun Ah, tell me. What happened?" Kibum said in a rather serious tone, sensing that there was pain in my voice as I said Onew's name. He never used my full name unless he was completely serious.

So I told him. I sat on my bed, crying and telling him everything that had happened and everything that Onew said. I held nothing back as a I trusted and knew that Kibum wanted to know every single thing that had happened.

Kibum listening patiently as I cried out my heart to him and didn't speak until I had finally told him everything.

"Eun Ah...." Kibum started and I hiccuped slightly in response. "I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to answer truthfully. Who is in your heart right now? Is it Onew or is it Junhyung?" 

My tears stopped as I took in the question and asked it myself. Who did I love deeply within my heart? 

Silence ensued as I pondered the answer to the question. Kibum then spoke again.

"As much as I love Onew, Junhyung isn't a bad person to love either. He's a good person and you both have been through similar experiences. He makes you laugh and smile, doesn't he?" My eyes widened as I comprehended what he was trying to say. "It's not a bad thing to give him a chance. Your heart needs to heal. Maybe he can help you it."

As I began to turn over the thought in my head, my breathing evened and my mind started to clear up as I became more emotionally stable. 

"I'm not forcing this on you. You make the ultimate decision. But don't close your heart to him." Kibum suggested before telling me that he had to go and hung up on me.

After all I've been through with Onew....should I give up on him? Should I give Junhyung a chance? Kibum is right that Junhyung is a good guy. And all this time, I've been so focused on Onew that I didn't even give Junhyung a single thought. In fact, I haven't even talked to him since he confessed to me at Alexander's birthday party. 

What should I do?

::::::::::

My heart quivered as I looked at my phone, debating whether or not I should call Eun Ah. Kibum told me that she had returned from America and had gone through a rough patch with Onew recently and needed comforting.

My finger hovered over the call button as I internally argued with myself before deciding not to call her. I threw my phone down on my bed in frustration, falling back on my bed as I ruffled my hair.

Junhyung, you're an idiot. You don't even have the guts to call and comfort the girl you like. You're not even good enough for her. What makes you any better than Onew? She prefers Onew over you. There's no chance for you.

With a heavy heart, Junhyung went to bed, his mind worrying over how Eun Ah was.

And on the other side of town, Eun Ah went to bed, her mind mulling over what Kibum had said about Junhyung.

Both persons went to bed, thinking about each other with a heavy heart. Will fate give these two people a chance? Will what has been broken be mended again?