The Bet

: : Past or Present : :
:::::::::::

Heavy breaths.

Drops of sweat.

Looming shadows.

The final round.

The scores are tied 4 to 4.

The battle surges on as the two forces meet.

Only one pair will emerge as the winners.

Jay and Taecyeon.

Kibum and Kevin.

Who will win?

And who will lose?

:::::::::::::

Kibum put a finger to lips, signaling Kevin to be quiet as they heard footsteps come closer to where they were.

There was a fork in the maze and so Kibum was on one side of the fork while Kevin was on the other. Both were poised, read to strike at the moment Jay and Taecyeon entered the fork.

The anxiety was at its highest as Kibum's heart pounded. He could hear and almost feel Jay and Taecyeon nearing the fork.

When he saw a shadow hovering at his feet, he pounced.

:::::::::

In a flurry of bodies, laser guns, and yells, somehow, both Kibum and Taecyeon were out. Jay retreated and Kevin was the only one left to hunt him down.

Kevin ran quietly from the fork and made a circle around where he last saw Jay. He heard footsteps in the path next to his.

Immediately, he doubled back and hid in a corner. He quieted his breathing as the footsteps suddenly turned right and slowly made their way up the path that Kevin was previously on only seconds ago.

"I know you're there, Kevin. Come on, face me like a man!" Jay called out, drawing nearer and nearer to the place where Kevin was.

Kevin's breath hitched and he slowly started to move away from the corner that he was from but froze when he realized something vital.

If he moved from the corner, not only would Jay hear him but see him as well since he was almost in his line of vision.

Kevin panicked when he realized this.

He was trapped and Jay was just around the corner.

:::::::::::

"Wow. Both Taecyeon and Kibum are out. Who do you think will win?" Tiffany asked Nicole who shrugged.

"I go for Jay. He's very competitive, quick, and smart. I don't think Kevin can beat him." Nicole reasoned and Kibum came up to them.

"Then let's make a bet. I bet that Kevin will win and you bet that Jay will win." Kibum smirked when he saw Nicole's surprised face.

"Fine. What's the reward?" She asked, now smirking at Kibum because she knew he was making a losing bet. Kibum sighed; it was always the same reward every time.

"If you win, I treat you and Tiffany to an expensive dinner, go shopping with you, and do everything you say for a week. If I win, you have to do everything I say for a week and treat me to an expensive dinner." Kibum offered and Nicole smirked.

"Deal." She shook Kibum's hand, sealing the bet. After this was done, they both turned back to watch the tv screen intently, waiting for either Jay or Kevin to win.

:::::::::