Love

: : Past or Present : :
::::::::::

Sprinting.

Gasping for air.

Chasing.

The harsh wind breezing through.

Eun Ah ran after Onew who took off from the store.

She was calling his name but he refused to answer.

Finally, when she caught up to him, they were in a park, a bit far off from the mall. Onew's back was to her and she was huffing, catching her breath.

"Why?" He asked suddenly, making her look up at him. His whole body was shaking.

"Why what?" She asked, confused at his question.

"Why? Why him? Was this your plan all along? Make me fall in love with you while being engaged to Kibum and break my heart in the end?" He said, bitterly. Eun Ah was stunned.

"What are you talking about? I didn't know about the engagement till this past weekend! And I would never do something as horrible as that. I love you, Onew. I've always loved you." She said the last part softly.

Onew's body stopped shaking at her words and he turned around, looking straight at her. Her eyes were downcast and tears were slowly slipping out of her eyes.

"I never stopped loving you." She continued on and looked up at Onew, the tears flowing down even faster.

"Throughout the years that we've been together and apart, I've always loved you. I would never do such a thing to hurt you. You should know that, OnKi." She whispered softly.

Onew's heart skipped a beat when he heard her say his nickname. A smile slowly started to form on his face but then he frowned.

"Do you like Kibum in any way?" He asked and she shook her head.

"He didn't like the engagement either. He told me to come here, to you and to not worry, that he would handle the engagement problem. I just hope that he does because it'll be impossible to convince my parents." She smiled bitterly and raised eyes to meet Onew's.

"But what's more important to me is standing in front of me and I'm not letting you go again." Eun Ah said, firmly.

Onew smiled at her confidence and embraced her. Eun Ah tensed but relaxed in Onew's arms. His chin was on top of her head and she buried her face in his chest, clutching him tightly.

"I'm sorry." Onew apologized, making Eun Ah look at him, questioningly.

"I'm sorry for hurting you all this time. I'm sorry for everything I've done wrong in the past." He whispered softly and brushed away her tears.

"As long as I'm with you, it doesn't matter what you've done. As long as I'm with you, I'll love you forever." Eun Ah whispered before leaning on her toes and softly kissing Onew.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed back sweetly, in an apologetic way.

The wind danced around them, reminding them that it was still winter and cold but they did not care.

For, as long as they had each other, they could face the world head on.

:::::::::::