Yearning Of The Heart

: : Past or Present : :

::::::

"Park Eun Ah. And you guys are?"

I introduced myself. There were about 5 guys in total and not to mention, 6 good-looking guys.

"Ki Kwang."

"Jun Hyung."

"Dong Woon."

"Yo Seob."

"Hyun Seung."

"Doo Joon." The last one was the one I saved from the bullies. I gave him a smile and he returned it.

"Well it's nice to meet all of you guys. But excuse me, I have to head to homeroom." I started off but Doo Joon called me back.

"Eun Ah shii, can you help us? We're new to the school so we need to get our schedules."

"Sure. How old are you?"

"18."

"What month?"

"July."

"Ah, so you're my sunbae by one month. How lucky." She smiled at Doo Joon who returned it.

"Just call me oppa, if it's fine with you."

"Sure, Doo Joon Oppa. Now, let's go. You guys are all seniors, right?" She asked them.

"Neh!" Was their reply and she smiled at them. They were all so cute. She lead them inside the school to a board that listed the homerooms. She peered over the heads of the freshmen who were in the front and smiled. She turned back to the boys.

"Well, it's your lucky day. We all have the same homeroom." The boys cheered and whooped. Eun Ah chuckled at them and grabbed Doo Joon's sleeve. "Come on, let's go get our schedules at our homeroom."

::::::

"Let me see your schedules." I extended my arm out and they gave me their schedules. I looked at them and grinned.

"Awesome. All of us have 3 classes together; P.E., Math, and English. I have History with Dong Woon and Doo Joon, Dance with Hyung Seung, Art with Gi Kwang, Japanese with Yo Seob, and Advanced Chemistry with Jun Hyung."

All the sudden, Hyun Seung started to laugh hysterically. We looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Don't you get it? Eun Ah has "Chemistry" with Jun Hyung! Hahahahaha!"

It clicked and we burst out laughing with Hyun Seung.

All the sudden, I felt like someone was watching me and I looked around and saw him.

Onew.

My heart stopped as our eyes connected. It felt like ages until he pulled away and focused on his book. I blushed and bit my lip.

It had been 2 years.

2 years ever since he last looked at me.

2 years ever since he last watched me.

2 years ever since he last noticed me.

2 years ever since he made my heart jump like he just did now.

2 years ever since he cut off all contact with me. But even so, I still loved him.

2 years. I closed off my heart and now it was opening again. And it's all because of him.

[ [ Flashback ] ]

"Do you like him?"

The question shocked me yet I was half expecting it.

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about. We're just friends." I stuttered out. Oppa smiled at my shyness.

"Just think about it. But remember, don't be too late."

I stood there, dumbfounded at what Hyung Joon oppa had just said and started to think.

Did I really like Onew?

I thought and I came to a conclusion.

No.

I did not like him.

I love him.

::::::::::

We finally ended 9th grade and was going onto high school. Onew and I were going out to eat for a celebration. Hyung Joon's younger brother, Kibum was coming as well. That day when Hyung Joon oppa asked me if I like Onew, Kibum joined our little group and the 3 of us became best friends.

I was chatting with Kibum while Onew was on the phone. When he came back, he was smiling brightly.

"OnKi, what's up? Why are you smiling so much?" OnKi was my nickname for him. A combination of Onew and Jinki. It was my own special nickname for him.

"Is it alright if my girlfriend comes along to eat with us too?"

That sentence broke my heart into pieces.

"Girlfriend? Who? You never told us that you had one!" Kibum exclaimed.

"It's Hyomin."

Then an awkward silence fell. Kibum and I glanced at each other. There was something about Hyomin that we knew that Onew didn't. Hyomin was a player. She always played on boys.

Onew was about to open his mouth to say something when someone called our names.

"Yah! Kibum! Eun Ah! Onew!"

It was Hyung Joon oppa with a couple of people with him. His friends and Kibum's friends. I smile immediately appeared on my face as they approached.

"Hey, do you guys want to go out and eat with us? Us older sunbaes will treat you guys. Kibum's friends just graduated as well." Hyung Joon asked us and grinned. Kibum and I glanced at each other and then looked at Onew.

"It's alright. You guys can go with them. I'll just go with Hyomin." He smiled at us but was a strained smile.

"Yay!" Alexander and Kevin pounced on me, grabbing my arm. "Let's go and eat, Eunnie!" They grinned and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Alright. Let's go. See you later, Onew!"

As he stared at your retreating figure, he frowned. He didn't call him OnKi, the nickname she always called him. And Eunnie? Wasn't that HIS nichkane for you only? Why did you let the other boys call you that? Jealousy swept over his heart as he saw you chatting happily with the two boys that were holding onto your arm before.

[ [ End of Flashback ] ]

I snapped into reality and focused on what was happening in front of me.

Everyone was chatting happily and students were piling in. Some of the boys and girls smiled at me and others ignored me.

All the sudden, the door banged open and 5 girls walked in.

Oh boy.

They just had to ruin my senior year, didn't they?

Man, this was going to be hell.

::::::::::::::

Updated! :D Hope this chapter made up for my absence? But I mostly blame it on winglin. :P I was going to post it up when winglin shut down. :(

Comment!