Last Man Standing

: : Past or Present : :

::::::::::::::::::::

Sweat dripped from his brow.

What was he going to do?

Jay was just around the corner.

There was no way he would win.

He was too weak. Too afraid.

He was about to be annihilated and he was just sitting here in a corner, cowering!

What would the others think of him?

Most of all, what would Eun Ah think of him?

The thought of impressing Eun Ah made his heart accelerate even more.

True, she doesn’t see him the way he sees her.

But he still loves her, and he would do anything to impress her.

And by winning this game and beating her cousin, he hoped that Eun Ah would be impressed by him at least.

With that thought, he quietly scurried away from the corner and ran the opposite direction that Jay was in, masking his steps as quietly as he could.

With this newly found motivation, he quickly made a round and slowly crept up to the hallway where he suspected Jay to be in.

After stilling his movements and straining his ears to confirm that Jay was just around the corner, Kevin decided it was time.

And he pounced.

::::::::::::::

“Woohoo!” The crowd cheered as they watched the game come to an end. Within seconds, winner and runner-up came out of the arena, greeted by their friends as well as sad faces that the other team had won.

"We won! We won!" Kibum, Alexander, Eli, Tiffany, Chul Ae, Jae Min, Mi Young, and Soohyun shouted, clasping their hands on Kevin's back in congratulations. Kevin smiled sheepishly as he heard his friends cheer and shout for joy that they had won the game against Jay's team. Jay came up to him and held out his hand with a grin.

"Nice game, dude. You went all ninja on me at the end." Jay joked and everyone laughed as Kevin shook Jay's hand in thanks. Nicole, however, frowned.

"Noooooo!" She whined, making Jay and her friends look at her. Kibum smirked, knowing why she was like this.

"What? Aren't you happy we won?" Alexander asked, an eyebrow raised at her behavior. Tiffany glanced at Kibum who was smirking and then laughed, causing everyone to look at her.

"I know why she's sad that we won." Tiffany said and laughed even harder. "Her and Kibum made a bet on who would win. Obviously she lost." Nicole pouted even more, making everyone around her chuckle.

"Looks like I won!" Kibum cheered, making Nicole pout even more and mutter "meanie" and "jerk," causing everyone to roar with laughter.

"Well, looks like we've got to go. This was definitely fun. Let's do this again!" Jay said and Kibum nodded.

"Of course. Next time, Eunnie will come too. I'm sure she would love to kick your in laser tag." Kibum joked, making everyone laugh.

With that, Jay and his friends left, leaving Kibum and his group. Kibum and Nicole started to bicker about the terms of their bet.

"The week starts today! I want to end this already!" Nicole argued.

"Nope! It starts when I say so!" Kibum argued back.

"Guys, guys! You guys can settle this later!" Tiffany said, chuckling at her friends' bickering.

"Agreed. Let's go get some food! I'm starving and I'm sure everyone else is." Eli said, looking around as everyone else nodded.

With that, they too left the laser tag center and went to a restaurant, enjoying their time together and forming stronger friendships (and possible future relationships).

::::::::::::::

A/N: Hey guys! It's been quite a while since I was last on here! I mustered up the courage and strength to finally finish up these stories, seeing as I have a new story in mind (possibly involving EXO as a group). I will be finishing up this story within the next 2-3 weeks so be on the look out for new updates!