Old Times

: : Past or Present : :
:::::::::::::::::

"Eun!" Nicole and Tiffany called out as I left the house and headed towards their car. Once I got in, we sped off to the mall.

We bought some clothes, watched a movie, and headed to a cafe to grab something to eat. I stood in line and waited for my order as Tiffany and Nicole scouted for a table with their orders already in their hands. As I was waiting, I recognized the figure in the corner that was reading a book.

"Jae Min!" I called out to her and she looked up from her book. She smiled and waved. The worker handed me my order and I headed towards Jae Min's table.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"Nothing really. Just reading, you?" She asked me. I pointed to the table where Tiffany and Nicole were at.

"Hanging out with some friends. You want to come and hang out with us? I'm sure they wouldn't mind." I told her and she nodded hesitantly and followed me to where Nicole and Tiffany were sitting. I sat down and Jae Min sat down next to me, facing Nicole.

"Hey guys. This is Jae Min from my dance class. Jae Min, this is Tiffany and Nicole. They're my friends from America." I introduced them to each other and they immediately hit off.

We discovered that Jae Min was a fun energetic person that loved to dance. We told her about our Youtube account and asked her if she wanted to join our dance team. Things were going to go back to business as soon as I return from the States next week. She agreed and we set up the time for rehearsals next week at the dance studio at Nicole's house.

::::::::::::::::

When I got home, I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Umma! Appa! What are you two doing here?" I almost screamed out of happiness and dread.

I was happy that they were back home but at the same time, was frustrated.

How long were they going to stay home?

Will I even have a chance to go to the States with them home now?

I plastered a smile on my face while hiding these thoughts in the back of my mind as I handed my bags to the maid to bring to my room and greeted my parents.

"Eun Ah!" My mother greeted me with a hug and my father followed.

"Eun Ah, we're just back for 2 days in Korea and then we have to head to Japan but we need to ask you a favor." My father said seriously and I nodded.

"The branch of our company that is in America has some problems and your mother and I are too busy to fly over and handle it. Do you mind going over? The jet will fly you over there right after school on Friday, if that's okay with you. We need to send you over as soon as we can." He explained to me and in my mind, I breathed out a sigh of relief.

This works out perfectly! I can now go to see Onew with a reason that covers up the truth! And the company is in L,A., where Onew is!

I did my happy dance in my mind but then refocus on the situation at hand.

"Sure. How long will this take?" I asked them, trying to remain calm when in the inside, I was jumping with joy.

"About a week. We already informed the school about it so your absence is excused." My father told me and I nodded. They gave me instructions on what I was expected to do and who was going to be there to help me.

"Oh, and your cousin Min Hee is going to be there as well. She's coming back to Korea so she will be coming with you when you head back." My parents told me and I almost squealed.

My cousin, Min Hee, was my best friend and I haven't seen her for 3 years. We still call and e-mail each other once in a while. Her family moved to the States when Min Hee started high school. We were the same age except she was older by a couple of months.

"Eun Ah." My mother called me out of my train of thought about the things that were going to happen. I looked up at her.

"You should go get ready. Your father and I are hosting a dinner party tonight. Come, I'll help you pick out a dress and do your makeup." She smiled at me and we headed upstairs.

She applied a bit of eyeshadow and lipstick and put my hair in loose ponytail and picked out a dress for me.

I felt happy.

Happy tears threatened to come out of my eyes.

It felt like the old times.

It felt like I had my family back again.

And I truly cherish moments like these.

:::::::::::::::

The limo pulled up and the butler came out and opened the door for my parents and I.

The dress I wore: http://store.shoppingsalesqueen.com/soft-delicate-chiffon-dress-black

We stepped into a fancy building and entered the banquet hall. I immediately spotted Kibum and Hyung Joon who were with their parents. My parents and I headed over to them. My parents greeted their parents while I talked with Kibum and Hyung Joon.

"Hey! You guys are here too?" I asked them cheerfully. Kibum raised an eyebrow but smiled when he realized why I was so happy.

"Yeah. Oh, and the guys are coming too. Heck, they're here right now." He indicated toward the door which opened to reveal Alexander, Eli, Soohyun and Kevin. They were with their parents as well.

My parents, Kibum's parents, and the boys' parents sat at a large table that was above all others while the boys and I sat at a big round table that was assigned to us with 5 extra seats. Hyung Joon sat with his friends who had just arrived at the table next to ours.

"Why are there 5 extra seats?" I asked Kibum.

"There are other people coming." He told me.

"Like who?" I asked him very curiously. Kibum chuckled at my curiosity.

"I think Nicole, Tiffany, Jae Min, Chul Ae, and Mi Young are coming." He told me. I brightened up when I heard Nicole and Tiffany's name while Alexander brightened up at Chul Ae's name.

"Chul Ae's coming?" Alexander asked excitedly. Kibum smirked at him because he knew that Alexander like Chul Ae and for another reason.

"Yeah. She's actually coming in right now." He pointed at the door and Alexander's head whipped around towards the door.

Kibum was right. 5 girls entered in with their parents. Nicole, Tiffany, and Jae Min who had their arms linked immediately spotted us and headed over with Chul and Mi Young following them.

"Hey guys!" They chorused and we smiled brightly at them.

"Hey! Come and sit down. You guys too." I nodded towards Mi Young and Chul Ae who sat down timidly. Chul Ae sat down by Alexander, Mi Young by Soohyun, Jae Min by Eli, Nicole and Tiffany to the right of me. Kibum was on the left of me.

We ate and talked the night away. The party was full of laughs, jokes, and teasing. Kibum and I were teasing Alexander and Chul Ae, calling them the "perfect couple" which they blushed at. I also smirked as I spotted Jae Min and Eli conversing a lot with each other and the same for Soohyun and Mi Young. Kevin, however, was silent and listened to our conversations. I frowned when I noticed this and caught Tiffany's eye. I motioned my finger between her and I and she caught on and nodded. We switched places so that I was sitting next to Kevin.

"Hey. Why are you looking so sad?" I asked him worriedly. He smiled at me but his eyes were downcast.

"I'm just worried about my debut. I'm worried about if we're going to be able to get the fans' support." He admitted. I smiled and patted his back.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you will get their support. I've heard you sing and you're a very good singer." I told him and he smiled softly at me. "Even if they don't support you, you have friends here that will support you no matter what."

His spirits finally lifted up and he began to talk a lot more. Then we heard the ding of a wine glass and the room fell silent. I turned to face the rectangle table which my parents were sitting at. My father and mother were standing along with Kibum's parents.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. We are pleased to announce something very big that will certainly be a happy occasion." My father told everyone. Everyone clapped and he held his hand up, silencing everyone.

"We would like to announce the marriage of Eun Ah and Kibum."

::::::::::::::::::::

WHOA! WHAT?! WHAT'S GOING ON?! XO
Surprised? :D I bet you are. ^^
Sorry that I haven't updated in a while! T.T So much homework....>.<
But I hope this chapter made up for it. ^^
Also, I posted up the Kevin fanfic. :) It's titled "Something More" Hope you guys enjoy it. but unfortunately, winglin still isn't letting me post up a new story so instead, I posted it up on asianfanfics.com! :)
http://www.asianfanfics.com/index.php/story/view/1167/something-more-korean
Hope you enjoy it! :) And as soon as winglin is back up for me posting a new story, I'll post the story on here instead. But for the time being, I'll be updating my Kevin fanfic on asianfanfics.com ^^
Comment! :)