008

Sweet Nothings II

Armed with his knives that were strapped onto his thighs, his guns were securely in place and his stunner that he had charged the night before, Luhan still wasn’t ready to meet with the coven. Or rather he wasn’t ready to meet with the boss of the coven, the strongest and the most powerful vampire in existence who could probably crushed with him with just a thought.

Oh Sehun, the pureblood whose name could strike fear in anyone’s heart.  

Luhan learnt of this meeting about a week back and he hadn’t been able to sleep well since then. To others, they might envied him for his luck in meeting with the most powerful being here but honestly, Luhan just prayed that he survived this damn meeting.

Those vampires at the coven had been really lip tight about what they wanted Luhan for, they simply issued him an invitation. As usual, in the eyes of those vampires, human were considered to be at the bottom of the food chain.

Humans were only considered to be food or for breeding purpose only. Not to mention how humans had always acted so subservient to those vampires and this simply irked Luhan off to no end. But even so, he was powerless to refuse this meeting with the coven.

After all, he was working for the hunter’s association and this association were owned by the coven. For the past years, the coven never really intervened with their business as long the association managed to hunt down all the rogue.

But for the first time ever, they wanted a hunter and Luhan was unfortunately chosen since he was the best. Not that he was boasting, he did have the best result when he was in the academy and his flawless record showed 100% success.

 

 

With no choice, he made his way to the coven’s building. The whole building emitted classy with their polished floor and their minimalistic design. Even the receptionist looked classy with her hair in a bun and her complexion flawless, her make up meticulously done and her clothes that looked to cost Luhan about a month of his salary.

“Do you have an appointment?” The receptionist asked, her voice cold enough to freeze Luhan.

Placing the invitation card on the table, Luhan waited for her response. Not that he was being rude or anything but what’s the point in giving respect to someone who didn’t even look up at him once?

“Follow me, Mr – “

“Just Luhan will do,” he answered her. “Mister makes me all sort of uncomfortable.”

He was led to a room and the receptionist had asked what he wanted to drink before going away. All the while, there wasn’t any emotion on her face. One of the thing that Luhan knew when human made the turn to vampire, they gave up their emotions.

They didn’t feel any strong emotions and they were cold. Extremely cold to the point as though they were dead and he wondered if it was worthwhile to trade those because they wanted longer life? Perhaps to some, it was worthwhile but not to Luhan.

The door swung open and Luhan stood up as he placed his hands on his knives, ready to use it in a moment’s time. One can never be too careful around those vampires otherwise, you could very well be their food.

A man walked into the room, his presence filled the whole room. Despite looking absolutely harmless, Luhan knew that this man was able to kill without hesitation. After all, he won’t be able to stay as the boss if he wasn’t the most ruthless person.

There was no question, this man was Oh Sehun.

It made Luhan’s goose bumps raised when he focused his eyes on him. His eyes were unlike any others that he had seen, it was of the palest blue close to ice and it was beautiful. Luhan could spend his whole day simply staring at those eyes because it was that beautiful.

A smirk made its way onto Sehun’s face and Luhan realised that he had just embarrassed himself with the staring. Damn, he will dig a hole for himself after this meeting. He had just let his guard down in front of a vampire, if this man wanted to kill him, Luhan probably died five times over.

“So you are the best in the association?” Sehun sat down in front of Luhan. His voice that was filled with doubt, causing Luhan’s anger to raise because he had just been belittled by him.

“According to my record, I appeared to be the best.” Luhan retorted, cowering had never been his way of doing things. Even if he was killed by him, he make sure that he put a fierce fight and hurt him before going down.

“Confident, aren’t you?” Sehun folded his arms.

“I take pride in my abilities,” Luhan replied. “Let’s cut to the chase, what do you need me for?”

“I want you to bring someone in for me,” Sehun replied.

“Who do you want me to bring in?” Doubts and questions started to fill Luhan’s mind, the vampires hiring someone else to do a job that they could do themselves? Something was off here and Luhan feared for the trap those damn vampires had set for him.

“A pureblood,” Sehun told him as though he was telling Luhan that today was a fine day.

“You want me to bring in a pureblood alive? Are you sending me to die? I don’t owe the coven anything!” Luhan took out his gun and pointed it at Oh Sehun’s forehead. If he was to just squeeze the trigger, it could mean the end for himself.

But either way, he was dead. Bringing in a pureblood alive was mission impossible. He knew that those vampires didn’t view humans as their equal but even so, disregarding their life to this extend was too much.

“If you just squeeze that trigger, you will never be able to walk out of here alive.” Sehun said lazily, amusement were in his eyes. “I will make sure that everyone in the association pays for this – “

“Jerk!” Luhan’s hands trembled with anger. He was threatening him with the lives of those people in the association. “Who is the pureblood that you wanted me to bring in?”

“Park Chanyeol,” he said and Luhan swallowed. Park Chanyeol, the pureblood heir to the Park’s coven whose power were almost equal to the Oh’s coven. But wait, this had nothing to do with the Oh so why –

“Jerk,” Luhan spat out.

“He is on the verge of going rogue and the Parks wanted him back before that happened.” Sehun completely disregarded what Luhan had called him.

“If I am going to take this job, I wanted answers. Give me the answers straight, I don’t like beating around the bushes.” Luhan sat down, accepting that fact that he had no other choice. Despite only having 1% survival rate, he was going to cling on tightly to that 1%.

“Ask what you want then – “

“Why isn’t the Parks going after their heir themselves?” Luhan voiced out.

“Because Park Chanyeol is last spotted in my territory. To allow the Parks to come in just mean that I am opening my doors and allowing the Parks to plant their spies here and I won’t allow that to happen.” He answered and his eyes turned to red for a second before it reverted back to its original colour. “So I told them that I will be taking full responsibilities, if Park Chanyeol is here, I will do everything I can to apprehend him.”

“It’s all a damn show, right?” Luhan said through his gritted teeth. “I am simply a pawn in this politic game, right? The main point isn’t in apprehending Park Chanyeol, the main point is simply for you to show them that you did your best to apprehend him.”

“Smart,” Sehun didn’t refute to anything that Luhan had said.

“As long as you showed them that you did your best in apprehending him, the Parks won’t have any excuse to send their people in. If I manage to apprehend Park Chanyeol then it will be just a bonus to you but if I didn’t and die in the process, it didn’t matter.” Luhan practically trembled with anger at how little his life meant to this man. “If they accused you saying how you didn’t try hard, you will shove my track record with 100% success in their face, telling them you sent your best. No matter what, you are the biggest winner .”

“Basically in a nutshell,” Sehun nodded.

“You are not going to give me a way out of this mess, right?” Luhan clenched his fist.

“This is going to depend entirely on your abilities to stay alive,” Sehun said. “You didn’t have a second choice – “

“Promise me that in the event that I die, you won’t touch the association.” Luhan pressed his lips into a firm line.

“You are not in any position to negotiate any terms with me – “

Before Sehun could finish his sentence, Luhan had pushed him against the wall with his knife at his throat. “I don’t mind going down with you – “

“You won’t even be able to hurt me, this happened because I allowed it.” Sehun smirked ever so slowly, not minding that fact that Luhan’s knife was at his throat.

Luhan knew that he was speaking the truth and he hated how vulnerable he was at this damn moment.  “But you are going to lose me as a pawn if I killed myself right now.”

“Are you threatening me?” Sehun’s eyes narrowed and the tension in the room was so thick that Luhan almost suffocated when all of a sudden, he saw Sehun’s lips curved up into a small smile. “Feisty, I haven’t come across someone as interesting as you in a while. I will promise you that I won’t harm your association in the event that you die.”

Getting the promise that he wanted, Luhan stepped back and sheathed his knife when he felt his back against the wall. Sehun’s face was dangerously close to him and Luhan berated himself because for a moment there, he found his face to be heart-stoppingly beautiful. As much as Luhan struggled, he wasn’t able to break free of his hold. With his hand on his jaw, he forced Luhan to look up at him.

Despite such beautiful eyes, it was completely void of emotions. “I hate people threatening me, there is no second chance in the future.”

“What are you going to do with me then?” Luhan asked, his eyes filled with defiance, daring him to do his worst.

The man moved closer to Luhan such that he was at his ears, “There are so many ways to punish a person. I will enjoy breaking you, making you beg.”

His voice was husky, filled with seduction and sending shivers down Luhan’s spine. Luhan felt like a prey and the man was a predator, ready to pounce any second. “I won’t beg – “

“We’ll see about that,” Sehun released Luhan as he walked toward the door. “Do your best to survive, it has been a long time since I found such an interesting toy.”

“Jerk,” Luhan said to the closed door. 

 

[rosa's note] another update for the day! this had been rather long for a drabble but still, isn't it an interesting premise? all comments, upvotes and subscriptions are greatly appreciated!

ask.fm