035

Sweet Nothings II

Weddings are magical, a belief which Luhan always believed in. As a wedding planner, he strived to give all the couples that magical moment, that beautiful memory which the couple will look back on with a smile on their face.

To be able to have a perfect wedding, there were a lot of planning to do. Dresses fitting, tasting food and selecting colour scheme. No one said that it was easy but it will be worth all of the sweat and hard work at the end when he witnessed the bride walking the aisle.

Until now, Luhan had received nothing but praises for his work and he took great pride in that yet this was one wedding that he rather he didn’t have to plan. It was laughable how he thought that he had leave everything behind.

He didn’t put those longings behind yet, he simply buried them and convinced himself that he was fine when he really wasn’t. If he was, he won’t froze when he saw Sehun walking into the meeting room with his bride.

If he was fine, he wouldn’t be trying so hard to keep his smile on his face. Life often strike at you when you were unguarded. Never in his life would Luhan imagine that he would be planning a wedding for his best friend, his first love who he never really put behind.

 

 

“How have you been?” Sehun asked after Sooyeon went off first since she had an appointment.

“Fine,” Luhan replied, keeping his tone light and hopping the bitterness he felt didn’t seep through. How could he be fine? But then what else could he answer beside fine? They used to be the best of friends, growing up together and knowing exactly what each other was thinking without having to say it out loud.

But all that changed when Luhan came out when he was sixteen – no, their friendship still held on then when Sehun bashed anyone who dared to say anything unkind thing to Luhan. It changed when someone told Sehun that Luhan was in love with him.

It was the true and Luhan had admitted it when Sehun confronted him. Luhan remembered the flash of disgust, he remembered how Sehun didn’t say anything to him for a full five minutes. After which, Sehun had apologised before walking off.

Luhan was left with a broken heart, their friendship could never go back to like before. Sehun had stayed away, no matter how much Luhan had tried to reach out to him. They slowly drifted to strangers, passing by each other without as much as a greeting.

“I am glad that you managed to find,” Luhan told him. “You always said that you wanted someone like Sooyeon and – “

“I am sorry,” Sehun apologised. This apologise which came eight years too late. “I didn’t mean for us to turn out to be like this.”

“You have nothing to apologise for,” Luhan replied, giving him a smile. “I should be the one apologising. I didn’t mean to – “

“Luhan,” Sehun called his name soflty. “Are we still friends then?”

Swallowing, Luhan clenched his fist under the table. “I much rather that we stayed as strangers.”

“I guess there is no going back then? I realised how stupid I was after a while, I really miss you then.” Sehun said.

Too late. Luhan wanted to tell. He was too late in saying those things, he should have said those when Luhan was trying to reach out to him. “Sehun, you cut him off. Is it really unfair of you to tell me those things? If we didn’t meet, will you find me?”

“I – “ Sehun trailed off.

“You won’t,” Luhan laughed bitterly. What was he expecting from Sehun? He had fallen once, he didn’t want to go through the hurt again yet his hesitation still cut him deeper than ever. “I am sorry, I have something else on later so we have to cut short this meeting.”

 

 

Watching the bride walking down the aisle with a blissful smile on her face, Luhan decided that maybe this is time for him to end this chapter in his life. He had been deceiving himself for far too long and it was then when he realised how pathetic he was.

In his mind, he wished the couple best wishes as he turned away.

Something in life weren’t meant to be, no matter how much you forced it. If it is yours, it will eventually be yours, you didn’t have to force it. What’s meant to be will be and Luhan only realised this now at this moment.

Goodbye, Oh Sehun.

Hello, new beginning. 

 

 

*an: so, this is going to be the last chapter in sweet nothings and with this, I will end this hunhan drabble collection. thanks for all the upvotes, comments and subscription. these are what fueled me to keep writing and update. i am appreciative of the support and grateful for all the kind words. 

ask.fm | tumblr | twiiter