017

Sweet Nothings II

It was a bad idea but then again, Baekhyun never came up anything good and Luhan should have known better than to take him seriously.

His head was pounding and he was going to be really late for work but all these didn’t matter compared to the person who was still sleeping soundly beside. In his twenty four years of living, Luhan never imagined that he would have with a total stranger.

His mind was in a turmoil as he crept out of the room, picking up his stuff as quietly as possible. He wasn’t ready to face the awkwardness that comes in the morning after a night of the best he ever had.

If there is a need to blame anyone for his situation now, Luhan would definitely point his finger at his lying, cheating jerk of a boyfriend – correction, ex – boyfriend who he had caught in the bed with another guy on Luhan’s birthday no less.

Luhan had slapped him in the face before calling Baekhyun out for a drink. He drowned shot after shot in hope that he could erase the disgusting image and he distinctively recalled hearing Baekhyun cheering him on by the side.  

However, it wasn’t the time to think about murky memories, Luhan had more important issue to worry about as he pulled his pants up and looked around to make sure that he didn’t leave anything behind that would identify.

This was his first one night stand and he wasn’t sure how the order of things go, not that he wanted to learn because this was also going to be last. After taking a look around the house, Luhan hightailed out of the house.

 

 

He called in sick that day, returning back to the house which they used to share. This house belonged to Jonghyun and Luhan had sold his previous house, moving in with him. Now that he thought about it, he shouldn’t have sell his previous house.

Packing his things, he placed all of the stuff that Jonghyun had brought him on the table. He didn’t want to bring a single thing of Jonghyun along with him. Such memories weren’t worth keeping as he walked out of the house without a backward glance.

 

 

The next morning, Luhan turned up for work bright and early. He was surprised to see Baekhyun even earlier than him as he walked to the male’s desk, wanting to set his memory right on that night. A smile was on the male’s face as he saw Luhan.

“What’s with that smile?” Luhan asked. “Something happened in the office?”

Baekhyun nodded, “The head office decided to replace Mr Lee and our new department head will be coming in just a few more minutes.”

“I would say good riddance to him,” that was the best news that Luhan had heard since their previous team leader was a ert who likes to hit on their female staff and the worst thing that he had done was claiming credit for himself despite the work was done by his staff.

“Which reminds me, where are you staying now?” Baekhyun suddenly remembered what he wanted to ask.

“I am staying with one of my friends who – “ Luhan stopped talking when he saw the man who walked into their office. His first thought was that he must have left something behind – but wait, that didn’t appear to be the case.

The man walked into the room with one of their bosses and everyone started to gather in front of them. Baekhyun didn’t comment on Luhan’s weird reaction, pulling him along.

“Nice to meet everyone, I am Oh Sehun. I will be the department head starting today and I hope to get along with everyone.” The man introduced himself after which, applause could be heard. All the while, Luhan was still unable to get over his shock.

Their new department head was none other than Luhan’s one night stand. 

 

 

*an: so question of the day, what genre do you guys want to see me write because i am in the midst of coming up with a plot so give me a prompt, maybe? all comments, subscriptions and upvotes are appreciated.  

ask.fm | tumblr