019

Sweet Nothings II

[secret relationship!au]

 

 

It was one of Luhan’s rare off day and he spent it by accompanying his mother to a dinner at the Oh’s residence. Ten years had passed since they moved away from that neighbour but his mother still remained in contact with them and more often than not, the couple will invite Luhan’s mother for impromptu dinner.

Luhan remembered the couple affectionately, they had been nothing but kind to them, helping them out whenever they can. Putting his jacket on, he opened the door and waited for his mother. The years had been kind on his mother, there were just the slightest ceases at the side of her eyes but otherwise, she still looked as she did for the past few years.

His mother was a strong woman who raised Luhan singlehandedly when their father cleared out their family’s account and left without a backward glance. Luhan didn’t have many memories of his father but let’s just say that, the man was as good as dead to him. They had been fine without for the past few years and they will still be fine without him now as well as into the future. 

“Did you bring everything with you?” His mother asked, breaking him out of his thoughts. “You should really come with me to visit your Uncle Oh and Auntie Oh – “

“Mum, I have been busy recently.” Luhan told her as he started the engine of the car. “I’ll try to make time for it if I can.”

 

 

Ringing the doorbell, the door was opened within seconds by a petite woman with a warm smile. Luhan hugged the woman who smelt just like flowers, much like how he had remembered her. Stepping into the Oh’s residence, Luhan greeted the man in the house with a hug as well. He didn’t know how much he missed them until now.

The Oh’s residence still felt the same as before, it was warm and inviting just like the people in here. His mother had started on a conversation with Auntie Oh almost immediately as they headed to the kitchen to start preparing dinner. Uncle Oh excused himself to the study room since he had a last minute report to review through.

Luhan was left alone in the living room when the door opened and a man stepped him. The memories surfaced as Luhan pushed it back down, a smile ready on his face as he waited for the man to acknowledge him.

After hanging his coat up, the man looked up and was evidently surprised to see Luhan. “It has been a while – “

“How have you been?” Luhan asked as he questioned himself why was life so unfair? The years had done nothing but gave the man in front of him a more mature edge, looking much more handsome than he did years ago.

“Here and there, trying to prove that justice still exist and – oh, I heard that you opened your own restaurant.” The man sat down beside Luhan. “Congratulations on achieving your dream – “

“It’s nothing to be proud about,” Luhan said. It had been years since then so why did his heart still go into an overdrive whenever he is near? Perhaps, it had been wishful thinking on Luhan’s part that he had moved on when in actual fact, he still hadn’t. “I should congratulate you on becoming a lawyer – “

“So life is good?” Sehun asked softly that Luhan almost didn’t catch it but he did.

Life had been more than good because Luhan had good friends, his mother was happy but still, he was still stuck in the past. Like what everyone had said, it was never easy getting over your first love and unfortunately, Luhan’s first love happened to be Oh Sehun.

When they were far too young to know what’s wrong or right, they had gotten together but things didn’t last. They broke up and it wasn’t long before Luhan moved away since then, Luhan had tried his hardest to stay away.

He thought that time could heal the wounds but turned out, time wasn’t of help because he still missed what he couldn’t have. His heart had hurt when he heard that Sehun was going to get married but it didn’t go through in the end.

Luhan dated but none of them felt right so he decided to stop playing the field for the past three years, choosing to focus on his career. Now, they had grown up from boys to man but it was probably too late because they changed.

“Life is good, I hope that it is the same for you?” Luhan replied and Sehun simply stared at him for a second or so before looking away.

“Life is good,” Sehun muttered. “Never been more perfect.”

 

 

Luhan had the urge to stab the man in front of him with the fork because the man had been going on and on about how rich he was, how many properties he had – enough, this rather unfortunate predicament happened because of his dearest mother who decided that it was high time for Luhan to find a partner.

Despite telling her repeatedly that he had no plans to settle now, his mother had chosen to disregard his opinions. Eventually, Luhan caved just always as he agreed to give it a try. However, this man in front of him was proving Luhan that he had just made a big mistake in caving.

 

 

Sehun decided that even if he had to face his mother’s tears – which he was certain that it was fake, he still wasn’t going on another blind date. For the first time in his life, he never thought he will be pressurised to get married.

It wasn’t from the lack of willing partners but more of, he was hiding and his wounds. First off, he liked Soojung enough to marry her only to have her to break it off because she told him that his heart wasn’t in it.

Therefore, he agreed to breaking up with her and called off the marriage. What was he supposed to do when he was accused of not loving enough? He did put his heart in, giving into her when she threw a tantrum, coaxing her and putting in the extra effort to surprise her but it wasn’t enough.

Now, he was introduced to a blind date who was obviously after his properties rather than wanting to know him personally. A polite smile on his face as he excused himself, citing work as a reason before footing the bill and leaving the woman.

No doubt, the woman was pretty but appearance could only go so far and they didn’t have any connection at all. Sighing, he stepped out of the restaurant and stood at the pavement, his hands in his pockets.

He was about to get his car when he heard a familiar voice.

 

 

Luhan was pleasantly surprised again to run into Sehun, he didn’t have any intention to make his presence known but Sehun managed to spot him first before he could run away. “What are you doing here?”

“Blind date,” Sehun laughed mockingly. “Never thought such a day would come – “

“Blind date?” Mirth was evident in Luhan’s eyes as he tried to keep his laughter in. “How the mighty have fallen – “

“What are you here for then?” Amusement was in Sehun’s eyes as well when he saw the sides of Luhan’s eyes crinkled. “Don’t tell me you are here for a blind date – “

“Maybe, maybe not or I could be here because this happened to be my restaurant. Which one of it is your guess?” Luhan asked cheekily.

“You are on a blind date because I have a feeling that our mothers are up to something,” Sehun informed him. His mother never really bothered with Sehun’s love life until recently or rather, after Luhan’s mother came over for that dinner.

“They – impossible – “

“Do you want to team up then?” Sehun blurted out without thinking.

“Team up?” Luhan repeated his words warily. “Team up like – “

“Date me – “ Sehun trailed off when he saw the surprise in Luhan’s eyes when it occurred to him what he had just said. “We can pretend to date - “

“Why – “

“At least, this will get them off our backs for a while. How about it?” Sehun asked.

Not wanting to go on another blind date, Luhan made a decision in his mind. “Deal then.”

 

 

*an:sooooooo, this is another wips that i am interested into turning into a fic. all comments, upvotes and subscriptions are appreciated.

 

ask.fm | twitter | tumblr