034

Sweet Nothings II

[cop!sehun and luhan] 

 

 

 

“I don’t need a partner!” Sehun slammed his hands on the table as he repeated the sentence for probably the fifth times. His action didn’t earn as much as a raised eyebrow from Baekhyun as he took a sip of his coffee calmly.

Unperturbed, Baekhyun placed the cup of coffee down as he laced his fingers together and placed his elbows on the table. “Like I’ve said, I don’t give a damn.”

“What happened to human rights?” Sehun narrowed his eyes. “What happened to free autonomy on job – “

“That is bull and I think that you are smart enough to not buy it.” Baekhyun’s lips curved up slightly, his tone soft. “Besides, all bets are off when I have a detective under my care who injured himself more times that I have injured myself in my entire career life.”

“Then shouldn’t I get to choose someone who actually fits than to find a person who looked ready to fall anytime soon? He is so skinny and I bet my pet turtle can run faster than him – “

“Badmouthing someone behind a person’s back is a bad trait to have, Detective Oh.” Luhan glared at Sehun before ignoring him totally as he sat down in front of Baekhyun.

“I – I – “ Sehun stuttered before keeping his mouth shut. He didn’t mean for Luhan to hear this, he simply wanted Baekhyun to see that he didn’t need a partner.

“Right, let’s get down to business.” Luhan said as he placed the file he was holding onto the table. “There is a new discovery of a dead body this morning.”

 

 

The house were filthy, there were half eaten food and dirty laundry on the floor. Insects were all around and the smell were enough to wake someone up from their drunken stupor. There was a frown on Luhan’s face as he showed his badge to the cop on duty before entering the house.

Curtains weren’t drawn and every place were in similar condition except for the bedroom. The bedroom were clean as though it was a place cut off from the house. On the bed, there was a woman who were dressed in a y negligee.

She was beautiful to the point that it was turning to be eerie. Her makeup was done with care and her nails were painted in blood red. Scattered around her were rose petals and this would have made for a beautiful picture if it were for the stake there were driven through her chest.

Taking a closer look, there were marks on her neck and on her wrists just like all the other victims before her. It chilled Luhan when he thought about the video that they received this morning where the killer had recorded how he had killed the woman.

It had been a month since the first murder and this was the fifth but still, they couldn’t find anything which stressed everyone out because they were in a race against time. Sehun’s face were as grim as his and no one liked what they see.

“Are you up for it?” Sehun asked. “I don’t using this method – “

“I don’t give a damn if your preferences because your opinions don’t matter, Detective Oh.” Luhan cut him off crisply. His dislike evident in his voice, earning a frown from Sehun.

Clearing everyone out from the room, Luhan took a deep breath before he placed his hands on the woman.

 

 

This was a strange ability to have and Sehun had a feeling that such ability were more trouble than they were worth. This boy in front of him were just about his brother’s age, too damn young to be faced with such brutality in life.

At his age, he should be kept in a safe and sheltered environment instead of witnessing the depravity of human. He saw that Luhan’s face had turned a deadly shade of white as he placed his hand on his shoulder, wanting to shake him out of the trance.

“Just a little more – “ Luhan shrugged off his hands in annoyance. He was close, just a little more and he might have more clues to solve the case.

“Snap out of it!” Sehun shouted as he jerked Luhan away from the body, pulling him in an embrace as the boy raced to catch his breath. He didn’t like this, not then and not now. Despite how Luhan’s ability to witness the victim’s memories before their death, he still didn’t like it.

In exchange for seeing those memories, this boy would experience everything that the victims were feeling. Sehun could only imagine the helplessness, the desperation and the fear. He could only imagine this boy waking up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat because he couldn’t get those memories out of his head.

He didn’t like this.

 

 

The room was dark but no matter how he tried, he couldn’t move. His mouth were taped and there were the smell of blood that were turning his stomach. A man with a mask appeared in front of him as he trailed his fingers on his cheeks.

Moving back, Luhan felt his back coming against the wall. There was no way out. Taking a knife from his pocket, he plunged it into his body. Luhan woke up with a start as he looked around fanatically, wanting to assure himself that he was still here.

Wiping the sweat off from his forehead with the back of his hands, he couldn’t get back to sleep anymore. It had been this way since he started joining the squad two months ago. Those memories crept up when he was unguarded.

He could feel the helplessness, the desperation and more importantly, the fear. There were times when he felt the touch of the knife on his skin before it was cut deeper accompanied with the creepy laughter that made one’s goose bumps raised.  

Just like today when he had felt the tightening of his windpipe before it was crushed completely and the pain that were caused by the stake driven into his chest. He closed his eyes and tried to regulate his breathing.

Sleep is out of question tonight.

The murderer were eventually caught. He looked like just how a normal person would look. There were no signs that he was capable of such acts but he did it without even blinking. There were no remorse on his face, his only regret were that he weren’t able to end his killing spree with a bang.

Cold blooded murders like the male in front of him made Sehun’s skin crawled. This person were too smart, too cold and killing were seen as a hobby for him. His anger spiked when he heard how the male described those killings with a fond smile.

It was as though he was saying, he enjoyed the blood. He enjoyed the feeling of seeing a person’s life ending in front of him. He enjoyed killing because it was fun and that was all that mattered.

“What did they ever do to you?” Luhan asked softly, unable to keep the trembling out of his voice.

The male’s lips curved up slowly as he drummed his fingers on the table, “I guess they were just unlucky to be seen by me.”

 

 

Lying down on the couch in the resting room. Luhan used his hand to block out the light when he heard the door opening. He heard footsteps nearing him when all of a sudden, there were something cold on his cheeks.

Sitting up immediately, he saw that it was Sehun. “What do you want, Detective Oh?”

“I didn’t mean those things that I’ve said but I am not going to take back what I said about this career path not suiting you." Sehun pulled a chair as he sat down beside the couch.

Luhan took a gulp of the water before returning it to Sehun. Lying back down on the couch, he didn’t say anything for a long time until Sehun thought that he was asleep.  

“I can’t rest,” he said quietly. “I can’t rest until I found the person who murdered my parents.”

“Luhan – “

“My parents died because of him,” Luhan swallowed. “You don’t know how it feels like to see your parents going down nor the feeling of your mother looking at you before the light in her eyes were drained out.”

“Luhan – “

“I can’t rest.” Luhan repeated. Even if he had to force himself, even if he had to forgo sleep at night, he still won’t give up.

Not until he found the murderer. 

 

 

*an: i always felt that writing a crime thriller is fun and i would have taken the challenge if i have the time. and what hunhan fics are you guys reading now? mind reccing me some? all comments, upvotes and subscriptions are appreciated. 

[ask.fm | tumblr | twitter]