012

Sweet Nothings II

In this world, it was either to kill or be killed, there was no other option. Failure meant death and Luhan understood it too intimately, having come close to death several times. His current assignment required him to kill the son of the most influential mafia boss but before he was able to do so, he was caught.

With his hands bound behind him and his legs tied to the chair, Luhan had no way of escaping. Maybe his time was up, he was finally paying for his sins with his life this time. He didn’t mind dying, his fear of death disappeared completely when he was made to survive in this bloodthirsty world.

His most vivid memory was how his handler had called all the children in the institution to gather before telling them that only one person will be left standing at the end. They were only ten years old but they were pitied against each other, it was scary but they had to survive.

Luhan was left standing at the end and he apologised to everyone else but he had no time to grieve when he was put into training immediately. He was pushed beyond his limits as he slowly adapted to the rigorous training.

But who would have thought that this day would come so soon? But he had no regrets in life, there was nothing he had any attachment to. Glaring at the man in front of him, there was no fear but resignation in his eyes. “Do what you want, I have no complaint.”

 

 

Sehun was curious at the man in front, this reaction was not what he expected. “You are not afraid of death?”

A humourless chuckle escaped Luhan’s lips, “What’s there to fear?”

Not believing him, Sehun walked over and pointed the gun at Luhan. “No fear?”

“No,” Luhan answered without wavering before closing his eyes.

Sehun watched on as Luhan closed his eyes, there was no hesitation nor were there desperation like many others had before him. Not matter how hardened a person was, when he was placed between life and death situation, all of them wavered. But this man in front of Sehun didn’t, he simply resigned himself to fate and calmly accepted his due.

Interesting, Sehun thought as he kept his gun. “Untie him.”

“Why? Why didn’t you kill me?” Luhan asked, his eyes widened with surprise. It was only then when Sehun realised that this person had beautiful eyes, he would have never thought that this person was the top assassinator in the underground world. He looked too young, too pure and his eyes were too clear.

He wondered how it was possible for such a person to end another person’s life. It had been quite a while since Sehun taken interest in other person. In this world, he was taught to see everything in black and he could only trust himself.

“Work for me,” Sehun said in a tone that disallowed Luhan to have any arguments.

“I refuse,” Luhan shook his head. It was simply changing a cage for another.

“Is it easy?” Sehun asked and it only took Luhan a second before he understood what he was asking.

He should have given the standard answer but at this point, Luhan had no desire to lie any longer. “No, it is never easy watching another person’s life slowly drained away from his eyes and knowing that you are the one doing it. But in this, it is either to kill or be killed and I thought that maybe if I keep living on, I will find a reason for my pathetic survival but turned out, that was simply a wishful thinking.”

“You – “

“There is no reason for my existence, I should have realise it long ago but I was simply too blind to see it. I refused to work for you, I am tired of this world.” Luhan ended it softly.

Taking hold of Luhan’s jaws with his fingers, Sehun forced the male to look up at him. “I didn’t manage to find it yet, I have idea what is the reason I am still living when I should be killed at birth like many others have told me repeatedly. Until I find that reason, you are not allowed to die. From now on, you will be under me and until I give you my permission to die, you are to remain breathing.”

“I – I can’t, it hurt – “Luhan choked on his words as a tears slipped past when Sehun brushed it away gently.

“Live for me then,” Sehun placed kiss on his lips. "Make me the reason why you are still breathing."

 

 

rosa's notes: did anyone think that sehun is a little too dominating here? but well, i quite like the sehun in here. another drabble, if you guys have prompts, do drop it in my ask.fm. I am looking forward to receive it! all comments, upvotes and subscriptions are really appreciated by me. 

ask.fm