018

Sweet Nothings II

[continuation of the previous chapter]

 

Luhan wasn’t sure if Sehun managed to recognize him since the male didn’t give any hint at all. Life went on as usual for everyone but despite everything, Luhan still wasn’t able to find a house. Granted, Kyungsoo might told him that he could stay as long as he liked but even so, Luhan wasn’t one to take advantage of his friend.

As he was heading to meet with Yixing, his best friend who came all the way from China to visit, Luhan suddenly felt a little light- headed. He paid no mind to it, thinking that maybe the weather was too hot recently.

When he reached the restaurant, Yixing was already there as he waved him over to the table. Luhan was famished as he sat down, for these past few days, he had been eating much more than usual as well. Maybe he was still growing after and there was hope for his height.

The first dish to serve was Luhan’s favourite steamed fish and he was about to dig in when a wave of nausea engulfed him as he pushed the plate away. Seeing how pale he was, Yixing hurried to ask someone to clear the fish away as he looked worriedly at Luhan.

“I – I am better now.” Luhan took a deep breath. “Much better – “

“Are you pregnant?” Yixing asked all of a sudden. “How have you been the past few days?”

“I – I get irritated easily and I get more tired more often. I – It couldn’t be, right?” Luhan asked, not wanting to believe this outcome. How could it be that he managed to strike the jackpot just from one night with Sehun?

“Let’s go to the doctor,” Yixing suggested and Luhan could do nothing except to follow.

 

 

Turned out that he really did manage to strike the jackpot because he was about two months pregnant despite his stomach not showing. Taking the report in his trembling hands, he sat down on the chair.

One thing after another, Luhan’s life felt like a roller coaster and he had no idea when he will be deal with another blow. Then it occurred to him that he should tell the father of the baby but they were practically strangers.

Luhan couldn’t just go up to him and informed him that he was going to be a father. Abortion was definitely out of the question but Sehun will learn about it eventually when he asked for maternity leave –

Sighing deeply, Luhan just wanted to find his cheating ex and strangled the damn guy. If it wasn’t for him, he wouldn’t be in this predicament. He guessed he will just have to take one thing at a time then.

 

 

However, the cat was out of the bag before he was mentally prepared to face this problem head on. Sitting in front of Sehun, the male’s eyes on him and a frown on his face, this scene reminded him of the Principal’s office where he was called in once.

He was feeling exactly like then because he was caught for behaving badly. A wobbly smile on his face as he cleared his throat.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Sehun beat him to it before Luhan could say anything. “You should have said something – “

“The baby isn’t yours – “

“I saw the report and it didn’t take a genius to figure out – “

“You are not the only one I have – “

“You told me then that I am your first one night stand and knowing you, I am probably the last plus you don't have a boyfriend – “

“You investigated me?” Luhan asked in an accusing tone.

“One plus one equal two and I am actually smarter than the general public. I don’t need to investigate you.” Sehun replied drily.

“Well, you didn’t give any hint that you remember me and – “

“I was waiting for you to do something but since you kept me at a distance, I respected your decision.” Sehun placed his hands on the table. “But I am the father of the baby and shouldn't you at least have the courtesy to inform me?”

Sehun’s hands were slender and felt really nice against his skin that time – stop, now wasn’t the time to think about such things.

 “Alright, you made your point so – so what now?” Luhan had never felt this tired before as the fight just went out of him. This was more than he wanted to deal with at the moment.

“Now? We are going to raise the baby together and you are going to move in with me tonight.” Sehun told him while Luhan looked dazedly at him.

“Aren’t we moving too fast – “

“I actually planned on marrying you first – “

“Hold on a minute,” Luhan raised his hand up. “Just hold on for one minute, we are not going to get married and I am not moving in with you. You can do your occasional duty of being a father but our relationship are not going to progress beyond this.”

“Why are you so against – “

“I don’t want to be caught in a loveless marriage,” Luhan said softly. “I promised myself if I ever do get married, I am going to marry the person that mean the world to me.”

 

 

*an: see? i do read all the comments hence this appeared. anyway, i joined twitter recently since i feel that it is easier to communicate to my readers on twitter. like updates of my life (yes, not many people want to know about my life but i thought it good to break down that wall between author and reader) and updates on what i am writing and what i am plotting. just mention me and start a conversation if you want to me friends, i promised i won't bite (: LINK also, keep the prompts coming!

ask.fm | tumblr