025

Sweet Nothings II

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

That has always been the saying and Luhan couldn’t agree more as he stepped into his school. After a complete makeover courtesy of Baekhyun, Luhan was ready to start anew. The humiliating incident still burnt in his mind when the most popular student of the school had dated him because of a bet.

His ego was hurt and his pride was in tatters, when such thing happened, it went without saying that Luhan eventually snapped. He used to be the bottom of the social hierarchy with his big spectacles and his messy hair as well as unfashionable clothes. It didn’t help that he had a good brain and tended to score well in tests, it also didn’t help that the teachers liked him and most importantly, it didn’t help that his head was always buried in a book.

Imagined his surprise when Oh Sehun, the school’s most popular boy, confessed to him. It had felt like a dream because Oh Sehun actually confessed to him, the nobody in school. Oh Sehun who could have anyone he wanted because he was rich and handsome had chosen Luhan out of everyone else.

He had always thought that it was a big joke which eventually turned out to be true because Sehun had lost a bet and he was made to date him. Fine, Luhan didn’t mind the bet but what he minded was how Sehun had dumped him in the most humiliating way.

Everyone had sniggered, probably thinking that it was given that their relationship was made on a bet. It was doomed from the start and everyone seem to expect it except for Luhan. He didn’t want their relationship to end, he didn’t want – he realised that he might have just fall for Sehun.

True, he was a jerk but he could be nice at times and – stop. Luhan told himself as he walked up to Sehun’s table. As per usual, he was sitting with his group of friends and all of them had stopped their conversation, turning their eyes on Luhan.

“Oh Sehun, I have something to tell.” Luhan said, hoping desperately that he didn’t blush. “In private.”

A smirk made his way to Sehun’s lips but he nodded and followed him. In a secluded corner, Luhan made sure that no one was around before turning to face Sehun. Narrowing his eyes because this pretty male looked extremely familiar – “Lu – Luhan?”

“Ah! It didn’t take you that long to figure it out, huh?” Luhan asked. “So see, my friends and I have a bet going on seeing if I can get you after my makeover – “

“What do you want now?” Sehun leaned forward, making him dangerously close to Luhan. “For me to take you up on that bet?”

“After we dated for a month or two, then we will break up. I will split the money with you.” Luhan said. “Lucrative?”

 Two could play at this game and Sehun found himself not minding it because Luhan had turned out to be really pretty. He had cleaned up rather well and he could get extra spending money out of this as well, why not?

Sehun didn’t have anything to lost, “Deal.”

 

 

*an: so another drabble that just come up! hopefully, you guys like this. all comments, subscription and upvotes are appreciated!

ask.fm | twitter | tumblr