027

Sweet Nothings II

{younger!luhan and older!sehun]

 

 

Walking down from the stairs, Luhan was welcomed with the sight of a man’s back. The man’s back had a spectacular tattoo design of two large wings spanning the entire surface. It was raven in colour and the design was intricate, Luhan couldn't help being amazed no matter how many times he had seen it. 

“Please cover yourself, I don’t want my eyes to be tainted so early in the morning.” Luhan said and Sehun had turned to face him with a smirk on his face. 

“Do you know how many woman wanted to wake up to this sight?” Sehun backed him against the wall, leaning down until their faces were dangerously close to each other. Luhan gulped, his cheeks heating up and he hated himself for thinking that Sehun smelled really nice.

With multiple piercings on his ears, tattoos all around his body and a devilish smile, Oh Sehun was probably the so – called bad boy if he was in still in school. There are three things that Oh Sehun liked: drinking, smoking and . There was no particular order to his preference and one would have thought that Oh Sehun was probably in working in the mob. 

Contrary to what everyone expected, Sehun was a cop. In fact, Sehun had told Luhan that he wasn't just a cop, he was a damn good one which Luhan had choosen not to reply. “Where is your greeting, brat?”

“Good morning, uncle.” Luhan greeted him reluctantly before looking away, not wanting to meet his eyes.

“Good morning,” Sehun ruffled his hair before returning to prepare his breakfast. “Honestly, such a sour disposition in the morning. A waste of your beautiful face – “

“Stop,” Luhan cut him off. “My face is not beautiful, thank you very much.”

 

 

If anyone were to ask Luhan whether he see himself living with Sehun, his answer was a definite no. Sehun was his mother’s younger brother but they weren’t related by blood because Sehun was adopted into the family.

After Luhan lost his parents in a car accident, Sehun had suddenly come out of the blue, telling everyone that he will take care of Luhan. That was effective in shutting up everyone and at that point of time, Luhan was more than grateful to him.

His relatives had wanted to take care of him because of his large inheritance and it had nothing to do with worrying about Luhan’s well-being. They started to fight over him when in fact, all Luhan wanted was just time alone on his own to grief for his parents.

With his leather jacket, motorcycle boots and sunglasses, Sehun had walked into the room, slaming his hands on the table before grabbing Luhan out of the room. He brought Luhan to an empty corner before placing his hands on his ears, forcing Luhan to look up at him.

“Cry, if it makes you feel better then just let it out.” Sehun told him and the dam was finally broken as the tears flowed. It was so hard to keep everything inside, losing both of his parents in one night and founding himself with no one else to rely on him had made Luhan locked his emotions tightly.

He couldn’t afford to show anyone else his weakness but now, he had a shoulder to lean on for just a while and he had felt safe. Luhan had cried until his throat turned sore while Sehun had stayed beside him the entire time, patting him on the back, saying nothing. 

After getting his emotions under control, Luhan then realised that he had just cried on a stranger. His cheeks turned red as he pulled himself away, clearing his throat. “Wh – who are you?”

“I am your mother’s younger brother.” He told him. “The black sheep of this otherwise, flawless family.”

“My mother’s younger brother?” There was frown on Luhan’s face, he didn’t remember his mother telling him that she had a younger brother. "She didn't tell me - "

“Of course not, the head of the family have forbidden anyone to talk about me.” He scoffed and there was the obvious dislike in his voice, brushing a stray tear away, Sehun had soften his tone considerably. “You have your mother's eyes, Luhan.”

“Than – thank you,” Luhan stammered, unused to how he had changed his attitude at the mention of his mother. 

“I am Oh Sehun, from today onwards, I will be your guardian.” Sehun ruffled his hair. “I am pleased to finally meet you, Luhan.”

 

 

The gentle Sehun that Luhan had a glimspe of had to be an illusion. In fact, he was beginning to think that living with Sehun was a really bad idea. He remembered the first time he stepped into Sehun’s house and he almost wanted to turn tail and run. The house was like a dumpster, filled with rubbish and – wait, is that a woman’s bra he saw on the floor. 

Scratching the back of his head with an embarrassed smile, “Sorry, it is a little dirty – “

“Little isn’t the word I will use here,” Luhan retorted and wrinkled his nose when he saw a box of pizza on the table. "I think the word I will use here is - "

“You are always welcome to leave,” Sehun told him nonchalantly. “Don’t forget to close the door on your way out.”

"I am just kidding," Luhan told him as he bent down to start cleaning the place up. "This have to be what people called heaven on earth!"

"Brat," Sehun muttered under his breathe before messing Luhan's hair up. 

 

 

Both of them were exhausted after cleaning up and they collapsed on the couch straight away. For the moment,  this place had finally resembled a house instead of a dumpster, which felt very much like an achievement to Luhan. “Do you have any rules that I have to abide by?”

“Let’s do an introduction first,” Sehun told him. “I am Oh Sehun and as you probably know, I am your mother’s younger brother. I have three hobbies and they are smoking, drinking and . I have no particular order for that. I am 26 years old, currently serving the police force – “

“You are a cop?” Luhan pointed at him incredulously. Despite being told that multiple times but Sehun still felt a little miffed at how Luhan had looked at him with accusing eyes.  “Impossible!”

“Brat,” Sehun flicked his forehead before pulling out his badge and showed it to Luhan. “I am a cop – “

“Did you forge this badge?” Luhan examined the badge in earnest. "You know that it is against the law to do so?"

“How about putting you in the cell for a night and – “

“Just kidding, just kidding.” Luhan told him, returning his badge to him. “I have no problem with you wanting to smoke or drink, it is your life and if you wanted to head to an earlier death, it is completely fine with me. But now that I am living here with you, I think bringing someone home for isn’t exactly suitable.”

“So where do you want me to do it then?” Sehun narrowed his eyes at him. “I have a stronger drive than most or are you telling me that you will be willing to – “

“Uncle,” Luhan widened his eyes at him, blinking cutely. “I don’t want to be contaminated so earlier on in life. Can you bear for your sister’s son to be – “

“Brat,” Sehun was about to flick his forehead again but Luhan was smarter as he covered his forehead, a smug smile on his face. Reaching out, Sehun had pinched his cheeks instead and only let go when it turned red.

“So? So? Deal? No bringing of strangers back here?” Luhan rubbed his reddened cheeks, pouting slightly because that hurt. 

Rolling his eyes, Sehun gave him a nod.

 

 

Sehun was regretting his deicsion to allow Luhan living with him, the boy was more trouble than he thought was possible. Trouble wasn't the exactly word he would use, more like he was nosy. It started with their meals and from then on, there was no pulling back Luhan who decided that he was going to stop Sehun from an early death. 

He had no problem with Luhan cooking, the boy was a decent cook or at least, he was much better than Sehun. But did he have to insist on two servings of vegetables and fruits for every meal? Sehun was a carnivores, meat is an essential part of his diet and he much rather do without those vegetables and fruits, opting for more meat in his meal which he had made it clear to Luhan. 

The boy had bitten down on his lips, his eyes blinking innocently before Sehun found himself giving into him. In fact, the boy had even decreed that Sehun had to cut down on his drinking by locking up his collections in the cabinets and hiding the keys. 

Luhan might have thought that he was smart but Sehun was perfectly capable of picking the locks but he decided not to. After all, he knew that his way Luhan's way of taking his mind off his parent's death. The boy had been too cheerful for someone whose life had undergo a dramatic change and this made Sehun afraid for him. The more things he kept bottled up, the more strain he put on himself and he feared what would happen if the dam was broken.  

“Uncle, smoking is bad for health.” Luhan took the cigarette out of his mouth, away from Sehun. 

Taking it back from him, Sehun lit his cigarette up. “Only my wife is allowed to control my smoking habits.”

“Fine,” Luhan grumbled before pulling out a cigarette and lit it up, placing it in his mouth. However, what followed after was Luhan almost coughing his lungs out, his eyes teary and he had looked so damn pathetic.

“What are you trying to do, brat?” Sehun sighed, taking the cigarette from Luhan and squashing it in the ashtray.

“Since I am going to die from second hand smoke anyway. I figured that I should just take up smoking so that I can die faster - “

“Brat,” Sehun extinguished his cigarette before throwing the box at Luhan. “Keep that for me so are you still going to pick up smoking?”

A smug smile was on Luhan’s face before he bent down and kissed Sehun on his cheeks. “You are the best, Uncle! Let’s go out and eat tonight, it is my treat!”

Shaking his head despite the smile on his face, Sehun ruffled the boy’s hair. “As if you have the money to - ”

"Well, we can always sneak out after eating - " Luhan grinned impishly.

"Are you telling a cop to break the law - "

"But since we can't do that, the honor of paying for the bill will fall on my dearest, greatest and mightest Uncle!" Luhan had cheered after he siad before placing a kiss on Sehun's cheeks. "That is my payment for dinner tonight! Let's go some place expensive!"

"Brat!" Sehun rolled his eyes as Luhan pulled him out of the apartment. 

Until this moment, Sehun hadn't been entirely sure if he had made the right decision in taking Luhan under his wings. But at the very least, Luhan was able to smile and that was enough for Sehun for now. 

The rest will come eventually and if Luhan ever needed a shoulder to cry on, Sehun was more than willing to lend him his shoulders. 

 

 

*an: so new plot ideas and yes, this time round, luhan is younger and sehun is older. i actually enjoyed this drabble a lot. comments, subscription and upvotes are loved! and go ahead, drop prompts in my ask.fm. i will be waiting for it. 

ask.fm | twitter | tumblr