033

Sweet Nothings II

 

With a book on his lap, Luhan was staring into the space when he felt someone sitting beside him. Taking the book from his lap, Sehun placed it on the table. “You still can’t let him go.”

Luhan was caught unaware by the statement when he covered it up with an amused smile. “Of course not, I am not in love with him anymore.”

His answer were definite but his thoughts weren’t because he started to wonder if his feet will take him to Sehun or will it head in the complete opposite direction if he had a choice. Sehun said nothing to his lie but there was a flash of hurt which Luhan managed to catch a glimpse of.

Leaning down, Sehun placed a kiss on his forehead. He knew that getting over someone who used to mean the world to you wasn’t easy and he was willing to wait for Luhan to walk out of it.

But even so, his patience had a limit. Loving someone can changed you, you started to want more and started to become greedy. He wanted to own Luhan, his body as well as his heart. Filling Luhan with only thoughts of him and no one else.

However, it appeared that he was succeeding, not even close as his smile slowly turned bitter.

This brought him back to the day when Baekhyun asked if he was going to take the leap. “Sehun, it isn’t going to be easy, loving someone who is in love with another person.”

“But I wanted to give it a try,” Sehun told him. He wanted to see if he could move Luhan, he wanted to see if he was able to fill up the void that was left behind.

 

 

Yet with each passing day, his conviction were chipping off. Sehun admitted to himself that he was tired. How was it that Luhan still refused to see him when he had done all that he could? Why was it so unfair when Sehun had been the one who had seen Luhan first?

Love was supposed to be sweet much like cotton candy but Sehun could only taste the bitterness of it. So he stopped, he stopped giving his love to someone who will never see him the way he wanted.

“Don’t greet me when you see me, don’t turn my way when we are in the same room.” Sehun told him, his tears welling up. “Don’t say a word to me, don’t text me when you are drunk. Don’t ask about me. Treat me as you would when you are with a stranger.”

Luhan knew what Sehun was asking of him, Sehun cutting off him. He was severing their ties, not giving Luhan any chance at regretting. Sehun was not giving him any leeway in the future, he was asking this of him to make sure that Luhan won’t go after him.

It was cruel, it was harsh and Luhan only knew how much he had hurt this man.

 

 

A step at a time.

Sehun told himself as his feet took yet another step toward a life that had no Luhan in it any longer. It was hard on certain days but he didn’t dare to look back because he was scared that he will be running back.

So he took a step at a time. One step, two steps, three steps until he was too far gone to turn back. 

 

 

 

*an: for those of you who are dealing with unrequited love, it isn't easy to walk out of it because you are unsure if there is going to be anyone else for you. but in this world of 7 billions people, there is going to be someone out there for you. someone who make all those tears before worth it, don't lose heart. all that you have to do now is take a step at a time. by then you realise, you might have already meet that special someone. 

ask.fm | twitter | tumblr