030

Sweet Nothings II

The baby was finally asleep and Luhan crept out of the room, fearing that the slightest noise will wake the baby up. Closing the door gently, he collapsed on the couch as he glared at the male beside him.

Never would he imagine that he will be sitting peacefully side by side with this male. If anyone were to tell him that he will be looking after a baby with this male, he most certainly would laugh it off. It was simply too ridiculous and chances of that happening was a big, fat zero.

However, the impossible turned to be possible. It all started that night when he heard a knock at this door at four in the morning. Walking sleepily to the door, he opened a small gap and saw that it was his neighbour who looked really frazzled with bloodshot eyes and unkempt hair.

It was only then that he realised that something big must have happened because knowing this person, he would rather die than to step out looking so untidy. Opening the door, he cocked an eyebrow up at him and made sure to muster as much annoyance into his voice. “What do you want?”

“She won’t stop crying,” that was when Luhan realised that baby in his arms.

“Where did you kidnap her from?” Luhan asked, the annoyance disappeared replaced with accusation.

The male rolled his eyes, “I found her at my doorsteps.”

“Oh Sehun,” Luhan exclaimed all of a sudden. “Don’t tell me you managed to get someone pregnant and this baby is – “

“She is crying!” Sehun was close to breaking down.

“Give it here,” Luhan wisely stopped his question as he carried the baby. Having been taking care of his siblings since young as his parents were busy working, the baby stop her crying after a while. A grin made its way to her face and Luhan’s heart just melted. “Aww, aren’t you the most adorable baby in the world?”

Sehun then walked into Luhan’s house before collapsing on the couch, “Finally.”

“What happened?” Luhan asked softly, not wanting to scare the baby in his arms. “You better have a good explanation for waking me up at four in the morning to help you look after your child – “

“She isn’t mine – “

“Jerk, should have known that you will shrink your responsibilities.” Luhan rolled his eyes, disdain evident in his voice.

“I really have no idea whose child this is,” Sehun insisted. “I opened the door when I heard someone knocking and on the floor, there was a basket with her. There is only a note that tell me to take care of her for two months and the person who take care of her will be back after that.”

“You must have offended someone or this is your baby. Now that I look at her closely, her eyes looked seriously like yours.” Luhan rubbed his nose with the baby, causing the baby to giggle as she clapped her hands.

“Now what?” Luhan noticed the dimples when the baby grinned as he brushed against the baby’s cheek with his finger.

“I need you to help me look after her together with me – “

“Excuse me?” Luhan looked up from the baby. “I didn’t quite catch that.”

“I need you to help me look after – “

“Wait, have you forgotten something?” Luhan asked. “Something really important?”

“What?” Sehun asked after a beat of silence, having absolutely no idea what Luhan wanted.

“I hate you, remember? If I am not wrong, you hate me as well. We hate each other so asking for help isn’t exactly wise.” Luhan answered him. It was a well-known fact in the university that both of them couldn’t stand the sight of each other.

Luhan hated how flippant Sehun was, he hated how Sehun was able to surpass him with close to no effort. He hated how Sehun changed girls every other day and most of all, he hated how they used to be best friends but now, everything had changed.

“Are you so cruel to let me take care of this cute baby alone? You know very well that I can’t take of myself, remember that cactus – “

“Stop,” Luhan raised up his hand as he lowered his head to look at the baby in his arms. “Just two months, right?”

“Deal?” Sehun asked hopefully.

Luhan sighed, “I am not so cruel enough to leave this baby to die in your care.”

“Thank you,” Sehun muttered so softly. Maybe it was the way that Sehun said it but Luhan found himself looking up at him.

In front of him, Sehun’s eyes were curved into cresents as he smiled at Luhan. For a moment there, Luhan felt his heart skipped a beat.

Nah, impossible. Definitely impossible. Not in another ten thousand years. 

 

 

 

*an: another drabble. as of now, i have no desire to turn any of my drabbles into a fic due to time constraint. occasionally, i might extend the drabble with another part but that is only when inspiration strikes. that's all for now. all comments, upvotes and subscription are appreciated. 

ask.fm | twitter | tumblr