028

Sweet Nothings II

[younger!luhan and older!sehun] - part 2

 

 

Grabbing his jacket on his chair, Sehun checked to see if he had got his phone and keys. He was about to walk off when Jongin blocked him with his arms as he passed his chair. Frowning, he looked at Jongin. “What do you want?”

“How long has it been since you last went to the pub with us? When was the last time you hooked up with a woman?” Jongin listed out Sehun’s ununsal behaviour one by one. This was a rather startling change for someone like Sehun whose main priorities in life were , drinking and smoking. “Did you quit smoking also? Don’t tell me – but that isn’t possible.”

“What isn’t possible?” Sehun cocked an eyebrow up at him before looking at his watch. “Stop wasting my time – “

“How could you!” Jongin stood up, pointing a finger at him accusingly. “Why didn’t you introduce her to me?”

“Introduce who?” Sehun was finding it hard to keep up with Jongin’s thoughts. Most of the time, Jongin made a good partner but times like now, Sehun just wanted to tape his mouth shut. But knowing Jongin, once he set his mind on something, he won’t give up until he had his answers. This strangely reminded him of Luhan.

“Your wife – “

“Wait a damn minute,” Sehun should have known that he shouldn’t have expected something smart to come out of Jongin’s mouth when it was unrelated to the cases that they were working on. “I don’t have a wife, I haven’t even married yet. Didn’t I tell you before I am not planning to get hitched anytime soon?”

“The – then what’s up with the changes – “

Jongin’s question was cut off by the ringing of Sehun’s phone. Placing a finger on his hand, he motioned for Jongin to stop talking before picking his phone up. “I am on my way home – “

“Hello, brat. Is that enough greeting for you?” Jongin saw Sehun rolling his eyes but there was the subtle curving of his lips, let’s not even talk about how gentle Sehun had sounded. For the past few years that Jongin had known Sehun, he hadn’t heard him talk in this manner to anyone, not even woman who he wanted to bed. “15 minutes if I leave now.”

“Do you want me to get you anything on my way home?” Sehun asked. “No ice cream, you still hadn’t recover fully from your – “

Sehun stopped talking as he listened intently to the other person on the line. “Fine, half a cup. You get to decide either half a cup or – “

“Deal, see you later, brat.” Sehun hang up after a while and saw an incredulous look on Jongin’s face as well as the slight hurt.

“You liar, you told me that you don’t have a wife but – “

“Seriously, I should request to change my partner soon.” Sehun cut him off. “Tomorrow dinner at my house.”

After telling Jongin that, Sehun walked off.

 

 

“Uncle! Stop stealing food, we won’t have enough for our guests later.” Luhan chided the man who had looked rather sheepishly but still didn’t put down the fork in his hand. “Please stay out if you are just being a burden here.”

“Brat, is that the way to talk to your Uncle?” Sehun ruffled Luhan’s hair and grinned when his nephew pushed his hand out of the way.

“Uncle!” Luhan said exasperated. "We don't have much time left."

“Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongin are just my friends, you don’t have to mind too much – “

“But they are our guests and we have a duty to show our – “

Placing both his hands on Luhan’s cheeks, he forced his nephew to look at him. He grinned when he saw Luhan narrowing his eyes at him to show his displeasure. “Breathe, this is just a normal dinner. Nothing special, you don’t have to work yourself in to a frenzy. Listen to me, just take a deep breath.”

Luhan did as he was told, he could feel his anxiety dissipating slowly. “Alright, I am alright.”

“Sure?” Sehun checked with him again. “Extremely sure?”

“Yes,” Luhan gave him a bright smile. “Take a seat, food will be ready soon.”

“Holler if you need something,” Sehun once again ruffled Luhan’s hair.

“Okay,” Luhan answered him before pushing him out of the kitchen.

 

 

“This is Luhan,” Sehun told the three of them and didn’t make any intention of introducing them as he sat down and waited for the rest to do the same.

“I am Baekhyun,” a slender male held out his hand for a handshake. He was rather pale but Luhan noticed that he had really pretty hand, slender and slim resembling a pianist’s hands.

“Nice to meet you,” Luhan told him, grabbing his hand.

“This is what I called manners,” Baekhyun looked pointedly at Sehun who ignored him as he continued to eat.

“Jongin,” the tanned male told him, an easy smile on his face. “I am Sehun’s partner. If you need anything to blackmail Sehun, I can provide you the materials.”

“We can exchange materials on that,” Luhan told him, a cheeky smile on his face and Sehun would have pinched hsi cheeks if there wasn't anyone here with them. 

“Don’t lead my nephew astray, I’ll tell Kyungsoo about that one time when a woman turned up  – “

“I am sorry,” Jongin cut him off immediately but it was still too late because Kyungsoo had apparently had caught what Sehun had said. He glared at Jongin who in turned glared at Sehun.

“Let’s settle this at home later,” Kyungsoo told him quietly but a smile was on his face as he introduced himself to Luhan. “Nice to meet you, I am Kyungsoo.”

“You guys are such good friends, I am jealous.” Luhan concluded and Baekhyun shook his head, wondering how the hell Sehun managed to capture such a precious angel.

 “Don’t you dare to taint this pure human being, Sehun.” Baekhyun warned the male.

“Ignore them,” Sehun said to Luhan. “They are not important.”

The three of them had collectively glared at Sehun while Luhan burst out laughing. Sehun’s eyes had softened as he looked at the sight of Luhan laughing. Well, if those three was able to allow Luhan to burst out laughing, he guessed he won’t mind them turning up for dinner once in a while.

But just once in a while since he won’t want Luhan to tire himself out, preparing dinner for them. 

 

 

 

*an: so this is part two for those who liked this au, considered it a gift. anyway, all comments, upvotes and subscription are very much welcome. 

ask.fm | twitter | tumblr