022

Sweet Nothings II

[slightly scary]

 

 

 

 

Luhan could feel the hair on the back of his neck standing when he entered the house. He couldn’t quite shake off that something felt off in this place whenever he stepped in here yet he couldn't pinpoint what didn't feel right. But he didn't have a choice since he needed the money and this babysitting gig paid him well enough so he kept those thoughts to himself as he plastered a smile on his face.

He was greeted by Mrs Kim as usual, the woman was small and too skinny to be healthy. She had sunken eyes and Luhan noticed she tend to favour wearing black and for the briefest second, he caught a whiff of something metallic which he shrugged off. Giving him a slight nod, Mrs Kim stepped aside to let him enter. She stepped out of the house after taking the keys from the table, halfway to her car, she turned back and looked at Luhan. 

“We’ll be back after midnight.” She informed Luhan before getting into her car. Frowning slightly, Luhan was curious about the usage of the word ‘we’ because he didn’t see anyone else with Mrs Kim in the car. Then again, he hadn’t yet met the elusive Mr Kim but he chalked it to the man being too busy with work and wasn't able to stay at home. Then again if they weren't busy, Luhan won't have such a good gig. 

The child he was tasked to look after was rather small in size for his age and he looked very much like a doll. His skin colour was too pale, making it seem as though he rarely stepped out of the house but he had really large eyes. He didn't like talking and kept to himself most of the time, Luhan was used to not speaking more than three sentences in a night. However, the child made him uncomfortable especially when he caught the occasional glance which was directed at him from the child. 

As per the usual routine, the child will be sitting down on the couch but he wasn’t there today. The house felt unusually dark today but Luhan shook it off as he walked up the stairs when he heard a banging noise from the second floor. The first time he started babysitting for Mrs Kim, he was instructed to never go up the second floor.

He didn't want to defy Mrs Kim but he had a job here and he didn't want to get blamed if anything was to happen to the child. So he continued climbing up the stairs to the second floor. Upon reaching the floor, he saw a long and gloomy hallway with the lights flickering. Swallowing, Luhan gathered his fleeting courage and moved forward when he suddenly heard a door slammed which almost made him jumped a mile high. 

Beads of sweat slowly rolled down and the back of his shirt was drenched, he tried repeatedly to assure himself that he was probably thinking too much which didn’t appear to be working. Reasoning with himself that he was fine when he worked here for the past few sessions so this won't be any different as well, Luhan finally stopped in front of a door that banging sound was coming from.

Pushing the door open, he was about to enter when he felt someone pushing him from the back. Startled, Luhan lost his balance and stumbled onto the floor when he heard the door being locked. His heart almost stopped beating when he turned at to the bed at the side of the room.

His eyes widened when he saw the child getting off his bed, dragging a doll with him. Backing away instinctively, Luhan wanted to just tell himself that this was just a dream and it wasn’t real. This was when he sniffed the metallic smell again and it was enough to make his stomach turned. This was the exact same smell he caught a sniff of whenever Mrs Kim was close enough. He finally know what this smell.

It was blood. 

The puzzle pieces were slowly falling in place why  he found this place creepy because whenever he entered the place, there was a strong disinfectant smell. There was also the suspicious stain of red on the child's shirt which Luhan used to think that it was from ketchup or paint. All the signs were there but Luhan simply shrugged it off. 

Damn.

The child was smiling at him, this gave him the chills and his blood turned cold when he saw the child's feet covered with blood. With each step he took, he leave a bloody footprint on the wooden floor. Luhan continued to move back, not looking where he was moving to, he stopped when he felt his back hitting something.

Looking up, he belatedly realized it wasn’t the wall that he hit. It was a line of dolls looking very much humans, all of them looking at him and he stifled the urge to scream. Because he was certain that those eyes in the doll were human's eyes, those hair was human's hair as well. 

The smile on the child’s face grew wider when he finally stopped in front of Luhan and caressed his cheek. “You will make a very pretty doll, you are going to be my masterpiece.”

 

 

 

*an: okay, this is the reason why i never liked dolls. like really, i am just super scared of dolls especially those that looked eerily like human. i hope i didn't give any of you nightmares. should i consider writing full fledged horror fic? hahahas, all comments, subscription and upvotes are appreciated. and go on, drop more prompts for me my ask.fm or simply chat with me, i promise i don't bite. 

ask.fm | twitter | tumblr