014

Sweet Nothings II

[friends with benefits!selu]

 

Luhan was going through a phrase but it was nothing dramatic like those television shows where the main actor and actress go through millions of obstacles before getting together and turned out that they were half sibliings all along. No, it wasn’t those sort, Luhan was dealing with something much simpler.

It was extremely simple, it was a phrase that everyone will go through at least once in their life. He was simply dealing with an unrequited love. His unrequited love who goes by the name Oh Sehun aka his best friend and did he mention that they were engaged in a friends with benefits relationship? Did he also conveniently forget to mention that Oh Sehun actually had a girlfriend?

Turned out that his situation wasn’t that simple after all. Luhan was the third party here – or was he? He didn’t know for sure because what constituted one to a third party? Luhan met Sehun first and known him for years, he had with Sehun and they were each other’s first time. They had all the makings of a relationship except they didn’t publicise it.

Shouldn’t Sehun’s girlfriend be the third party instead? But doesn’t it really matter? At the end of the day, Sehun was holding hands with someone else who wasn’t him while their relationship was kept under wraps like a dirty secret, never to see the light of the day. 

 

 

Seeing that Luhan was lost in thoughts, Sehun frowned before kissing him deeply. His tongue delved into Luhan’s mouth as he ran it across his teeth, eliciting a moan from him. Moving downward, Sehun placed a kiss on Luhan’s collarbone before and bitting it.

Sehun got gradually faster, pounding in and out of Luhan rapidly. Both of them were close when Luhan felt Sehun wrapping his hand around , jerking him off. Biting him on his shoulder like he always done, Sehun came at the same time as Luhan.

Spent and exhausted, the room was filled with heavy breathing and the smell of as they laid side by side. Time like this, Luhan’s heart would clench and made it unbearably hard to breathe as he spotted the ring on Sehun’s finger. 

The morally right thing to do was to end this relationship once Luhan learnt that Sehun had a girlfriend but he didn’t. He craved for the taste of Sehun, he was addicted to Sehun’s kisses so Luhan decided to be selfish for once. Ask anyone and they would all tell you that Luhan was a sensible person, he was rational and mature which apparently wasn't the case now. 

But this sort of relationship was taking a toll on him and he found himself weary of it, the poison slipped in and turned it this bond into something twisted. Taking a deep breath in, Luhan decided to make a clean break once and for all. It will hurt him, his heart will be broken into pieces after this and it was highly possible that they might not even see each other after today.

It was all or nothing at all.

Yet he was still going to do, he was still going to end this relationship that started six years ago. It was clear that Sehun was never going to love him the way Luhan loved him. Their relationship will never progressed beyond what they had now.

“Let’s end this,” Luhan his side, watching for Sehun’s reaction. Perhaps, he wanted just one last glimmer of hope that he actually meant something to Sehun more than just buddy. “Let’s end this and not meet each other again.”

“Why?” Sehun asked.

Why? Luhan wanted to scoff at this question. There were so many reasons for it like how this relationship was wrong but at the end of it, Luhan had enough of it. For the past six years, he had let Sehun trampled on his pride and dignity, content with being a dirty secret. Looked at how far he had fallen all in the name of love, the length he was willing to go because he love Sehun. He thought it was enough that he had Sehun's body and not his heart. 

However, that wasn’t what he wanted at all. It was never what he wanted and Luhan couldn’t fool himself any longer.

“You are getting married to Seoyeon,” Luhan pointed out. “Isn’t that a sufficient reason?”

The day that Luhan had heard this news, he stopped fooling himself into thinking that they might had something more. He stopped fooling himself that he actually meant something to Sehun because all they had shared was their body, feelings were never part of this. 

The instances where he had prepared a dinner and waited for Sehun to come but was only to be disappointed at the end or how he had celebrated his birthday alone because Seoyeon took more priority over him or how he had fallen sick but Sehun wasn't able to be by his side because Seoyeon needed him or how he watched from the side at how tenderly Sehun had treated Seoyeon flashed past his mind. 

He couldn’t remember how many times he had broken down crying alone at night. Who the hell did Oh Sehun think he was to treat him like that? But in actual fact, Luhan was the one who allowed Sehun to do this to him. He was pathetic, so damn pathetic.

“Nothing had to change, we can just continue like in the past.” Sehun told him and Luhan smiled bitterly.

“I am in love with someone else,” Luhan bit down on his lips. This lie had never tasted so bitter and he known that for the rest of his life, he will never love someone as he love Sehun. “You are getting married and I am in love with someone else, I think this is enough to end this relationship, right?”

Getting up from the bed, Sehun picked up his shirt from the floor as he wore his pants. “Are you serious about ending this? All because you are in love with another person who will never love you back? To end what we have for these past few years?  I never know that you are such a naive person, Luhan.”

Those words taunted Luhan, hitting close to home because he was that naive as he waited for the day for Sehun to look back and held out his hands. Sehun wasn't at fault because he had made it clear when they started this relationship. There was never really a person to blame because one couldn't help falling for someone but if there is really a need to point fingers, Luhan was at fault for holding on when he should have let go long ago. 

Swallowing everything that he wanted to say, Luhan nodded. "Yes."

"Fine then," Sehun told him. "I hope that he is worthwhile."

Without as much as backward glance, Sehun left the room as Luhan finally let his tears fall before laughing bitterly. 

 

 

 

*rosa's note: angst because i am in the mood for it (i still don't think it is angsty enough though, OTL) and thank you for the prompts in my ask.fm, i will get down to it asap. for the rest, you can still continue to drop more prompts. all comments, upvotes and subscriptions are much appreciated. and regarding last chapter, i will do a part 2 if i have the inspiration for it, no promises though. 

ask.fm