013

Sweet Nothings II

With his snapback and his leather jacket, Sehun lowered his head to avoid being recognized. The decision to come here was made on an impulse and his manager had told him not to make it public. To be honest, he should have taken this break sooner but things often got in the way and he just kept postponing it.

Eventually, it came to a point where he was burnt out, his inspirations were not coming and he fell into a slump. Material goods and fame clouded him, he had forgotten his roots back over here where he was simply Oh Sehun, the boy with a lisp. He had forgotten his real self as he moulded his personality to what others like. Little by little, he was being tore down and Sehun only realised it as he stood on the stage and looked at the massive amount of fans. 

His heart only felt emptiness instead of happiness, he managed to achieve his goal so why wasn’t he happy? That was when he looked around and saw that he had no one to share his happiness with, his heart was jaded and cold. It was sad that the showbiz had taken a boy with big dreams and turned him into a man with a jaded heart but he allowed this to happen, he wasn’t without fault. Therefore, he decided to take a step back and head back to his hometown.

This place which retained all his happiest memories, this place which was untainted by time and this place where he was simply Oh Sehun. Pulling his luggage along, Sehun took out his keys and unlocked the door to his house.

The last time he stepped back here was six years back and he had never once looked back. Pushing the door open, there wasn’t the mouldy smell that he was expecting. In fact, there was the slight scent of flowers in the air.

The place was kept in tip top condition, he guessed that his parents must had paid someone to look after here even though they weren’t living here. This house had all the memories which reminded them of the happier times. A pang hit Sehun’s heart as he compared his house in the city to here. This was home and the place he was staying at was simply a roof over his head, nothing more. Dropping his bag on the floor, he crashed onto his couch and closed his eyes.

When was the last time he managed to have this kind of silence in his world? When was it that he lost sight of himself? Why did he turn out to be this way?

Those questions flashed past his mind and he had no answer to it. He was about to grab his bag and head up when the door was open and he saw someone he never expected to see.

Luhan.

They were childhood sweethearts, the golden couple of the school, the couple which everyone envied but in order to chase his dreams, Sehun left him. It wasn’t that Sehun didn’t want to bring Luhan along but the male had shook his head, his eyes filled with determination as he took back his hands from Sehun. 

He looked at Sehun in the eyes and told him that the city wasn’t for him, he told Sehun that he loved this town and had no intention of leaving so they broke up. There were many times when Sehun wanted to call Luhan, just to hear his voice again. But he didn’t dare because he was afraid his resolve will crumble.

He dated after that but no one made him feel as complete as he was compared to Luhan. People always wanted something from him but not Luhan, the male was the one who gave and gave while Sehun kept taking and taking.

However, Luhan never once complained and there was always a smile on his face. Even when they broke up, Luhan still kept his smile as he wished Sehun all the best in whatever he do. “What are you doing here?”

“I – I am here to look after this place – “ Luhan stammered before turning away hurriedly. Without thinking, Sehun stepped up and grabbed his arm and pulled Luhan into his arms. This hug was long overdue and the ice around his heart started to melt ever so slightly. 

“I – I miss you,” Sehun's voice wavered and in it, there was  the yearning of the past six years. “I miss you – “

“Let go,” Luhan pushed him away but to no avail, unable to overcome Sehun's strenght.

“Let go of Baba!” A child suddenly ran up to them, hitting Sehun’s legs. Letting go of Luhan, Sehun peered down at the child and saw a face that was almost identical to him.

“Who is he?” Sehun asked as the child glared at him, placing himself between Sehun and Luhan. 

Pointing at Sehun, the child widened his eyes. “Baba! He is the bad man who makes you cry at night!”

Squatting down, Luhan’s lips quivered as he patted the child’s on his head and shook his head. “He isn’t a bad man, Ziyu. He is your Daddy.”

Sehun’s eyes darting between the both of them rapidly as he processed what Luhan had just said. “That – “

“I don’t need a Daddy, I don’t need a person who abandon us. I don’t need someone who makes Baba cries.” Ziyu said softly, brushing away Luhan’s tears. “We don’t need him.”

In that moment, Sehun wondered what did he give up? He wondered if he had made a wrong choice after all and perhaps, it was too late for him to change anything.

 

 

rosa's notes: yay! new chapter up since i have more time to write recently. and my ask.fm is so empty recently so guys, go ahead and drop as many prompts as you want into my ask.fm! all comments, upvotes and subscriptions are very much appreciated. 

ask.fm