031 [chanbaek]

Sweet Nothings II

[prompt: Baekhyun was a successful bussinessmen. He got the looks and all but he always find himself getting dumped. His friends recommended him on getting a pet instead of a boyfriend. But he had no time to find an actual puppy. one day, he found a cold shivering boy at his doorsteps. The boy was homeless and said he'll do anything to stay. the condition was to be his own personal pet. ] [credit]

 

 

Baekhyun had it all or that was what his friends always told him. He was rich and his looks were considered to be handsome so for the life of him, there was one thing that he couldn’t figure out no matter how hard he tried.

Why was he always the one being dumped?

He had tried to be the best that he could. No matter how busy he was, he still made sure at least give a little of his time to his boyfriend. For all the effort he put in, all he got at the end was the laughable opening of, “It wasn’t your fault. It was mine.”

Once again, he sat alone in the corner of the bar, nursing his glass of vodka. Getting drunk was a good idea but he liked to be in control too much to allow himself to be drunk. Sighing, Baekhyun leaned back as he looked up.

Why?

“Stop looking like your pet dog died,” a frown appeared immediately on Baekhyun’s face when he realised whose voice it was.

It was none other than Do Kyungsoo, his ex-boyfriend who now lived to make his life miserable. Their relationship was a mistake and he wanted to erase this dark period in his life. But Kyungsoo was having none of it, his happiness was built on Baekhyun’s misery as how he liked to remind him.

“I don’t a pet dog.” Baekhyun replied. “Go away, I don’t want to see your ugly mug.”

“Let me guess, you got dumped again?” Kyungsoo cocked an eyebrow up at him. “Should have known – “

“Leave or keep your mouth shut. Honestly, there are times when I think that you still have some lingering feelings for – “

“Stop there, I am very much happily attached with someone who I happened to love very much and vice versa.” Kyungsoo tried to keep the disgust off his face unsuccessfully which served to irritate Baekhyun because he wasn’t that bad! He had his redeeming points as well.

“Why?” Baekhyun sighed after a while, he had no mood to entertain Kyungsoo further tonight. He just wanted to his wounds in the dark and preferably alone.

“Because – “ Kyungsoo paused as he trailed his finger down and stopped at Baekhyun’s heart. “You don’t love enough – “

“I tried – “

“You can’t expect someone to love you when you don’t love that person,” Kyungsoo answered him. “You keep your own heart so tightly locked and then expect someone to hand their heart to you? Aren’t you being a little laughable, Byun?”

“Right,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he pushed Kyungsoo’s hand away.

“My advice? Go get a pet dog,” Kyungsoo told him. “Get attached to that dog and perhaps, you will understand what it feels like to truly care and love. It isn’t always all about you, Byun.”

Another reason why they broke up, they understood each other too well. Baekhyun didn’t like how Kyungsoo always managed to see past his façade so easily, he hated this feeling being vulnerable and it didn’t help that Kyungsoo always know which button to press.

 

 

Baekhyun kept playing with the idea of getting a pet dog and he would have gotten it without a second hesitation if only he had the time. Being in charge of large entertainment company, he had a million and one things to do each day. There were times when he didn’t return home for a couple of days and as much as he wanted a dog, he simply had no time for it.

So he gave up that idea, pushing it to the back of his mind. Once again, he was tidying up some loose ends in the office when he realised that everyone had already left. Lifting up arms up, he stretched it before standing up and packed his bag.

He managed to reach apartment soon after, stepping out of the lift, what he saw brought him to a stop. A boy was sitting against his door and the boy was beaten up rather badly with cuts on his face. Not to mention, the poor boy was shivering and looked ready to faint anytime soon.

Normally, encountering such situation, Baekhyun will not hesitate to call the security to this boy out. But Kyungsoo’s advice suddenly rang in his ears. Squatting down so that he was at eye level with the boy, he pushed the boy’s hair back.

The boy jerked slightly, his eyes opened and Baekhyun could see that he was surprised. Blinking those big eyes, Baekhyun had the urge to rub his hair or maybe even pat him on the head. “What are you doing here?”

“I – I don’t have any place to go.” The boy answered him.

“How I give you a place to stay then?” Baekhyun grinned all of a sudden, he found himself liking that idea very much as time passed.

“Wh – what do you want me to do? I don – don’t – I mean, my body isn’t – “

“What are you thinking?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “I am offering you a place to stay and all you have to do is to be my pet.”

“Pet?”

“Yes, pet because apparently, I needed one and I think you will fit very well.” Baekhyun nodded.

“You are allowing to stay?” The boy asked uncertainly. “You are not going to kick me – “

“Food and shelter will be provided,” Baekhyun answered him. “So? Deal or no deal?”

“Deal,” the boy replied him. “I am Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”

“Byun Baekhyun,” Baekhyun told him as he finally gave in the urge to ruffle the boy’s hair. “Good boy.”

 

 

*an: yes, i am pretty much alive but extremely busy nowadays but i will try my best to update next week in celebration of hunhan's bday! anyway, as most of you know by now, i actually do ship baekyeol as well and they are slowly climbing up on the list. i am even playing with the idea of making a chanbaek chaptered fic but well, i will see how things turn out in the future. have you guys listened to the new album? which track is your fave? i happened to like beautiful and what if very much. 

[ask.fm | twitter | tumblr ]