001

Sweet Nothings II

Nothing stayed the same and good things eventually had to come to an end. Being the youngest in the team, Sehun was often more sensitive than the rest of them. To him, EXO meant the world and his life revolved around the team.

It was a long and tedious journey from when they were trainees to being able to stand on the stage and finally having their own concert. At night when the lights were off, Sehun often wondered if this was simply a dream.

He wondered if his popularity was a dream, he wondered if the recognition that he received was a dream. But it wasn’t yet the insecurity still haunt him. To be honest, all of them struggled very hard to get to where they are including Kris.

The sweat, the tears and the hard work finally paid off when they stood on the stage and faced their fans. The bond that they had with each other was supposed to be unbroken until Kris left and Sehun came to a startling realization that everything changed.

He never thought that Luhan would left, he never expected EXO to be down to ten members from the starting twelve. Alas, everyone is selfish to a certain extent. Kris left for greener pasture and Sehun couldn’t blame him for that.

Granted, he felt betrayed but life still goes on and he only wished that Kris was happy doing whatever he was doing now. However, Luhan was a different case. Luhan was the glue who held their members together, he was the one who everyone looked to for advice. He never once gave them a harsh word as he encouraged each and every one of them.

He was the dependable brother that the group looked up to and everyone thought that Luhan would possibly be the last to ever leave EXO. But they were wrong, he was wrong and everyone was wrong because Luhan was leaving.

Luhan had called them for a meeting as he told them that he was leaving. Sehun had thought that he was joking but Luhan never did crack a smile. He told them that he was missed his family and Sehun felt hurt because they were supposed to be his brothers.

They might not be blood related but the things that they had gone through together made them built a bond stronger than anyone else and now, Luhan was choosing his family over them. Sehun felt devastated and he walked out of the house because he couldn’t face Luhan.

He gave Luhan the cold shoulders, what else could he say to him? Luhan didn’t want them anymore, Luhan didn’t want him anymore and Sehun hated him for that. On the day that Luhan left for Beijing, none of them sent him to the airport.

He told them not to and everyone could tell that Luhan’s eyes were red. The man who was more mature than them, the one who refused to shed any tears looked ready to break down any moment. Sehun bit down on his lips because Luhan had a right to choose what he wanted to do with his life.

He was hurt, his heart was tired but – but he could never bring himself to hate Luhan who worked as hard as the rest of them. Everyone gave Luhan a hug, to tell him that he might not be with EXO any longer but they are still one.

Hugging Luhan tightly, Sehun whispered into his ears. “All the best, no matter where you go and what you chose to do. Remember, we are one!”

That was goodbye.

Or maybe this is a new beginning for them and for Luhan. 

 

 

*an: honestly, i am sad that luhan is leaving but let's continue to support luhan and exo!