Chapter 23

I didn't choose you, my heart did.

Tiffany is waiting for Nichkhun going home.

Its been so long Nichkhun havent go back to his house.

She have cook a simple dinner like fried rice and omelette with sausage and sandwitch club. She didnt forget to make strawberry juice for Nichkhun.

P.s its his favorite juice.

 

 

She notice that Nichkhun get more busy lately that make her kinda worry about his health.

 

She will pay back because she cant accompany him to eat lunch. So she decided to give him surprise and have a special dinner tonight!

 

She's jumping just to imagining Nichkhun look surprise of her new cooiing skill.

 

The door open and the one she have been waiting all this time is come.

She run to him and giving him a hug..

His face looks so tired

 

"Are you tired?" She ask while touche hos face which he reply with a nod. His face looks so pale. 

But his face change when he look at the dining table a lot of food.

He look at her who stand beside her with widen his eyes.

 

"Do you cook all of this?"

She nod her head and smiling her best of her at him

 

"Woww.. thank you, i think i gain my appetide again" he look at her with glistening eyes..

 

Somehow she feels so proud. 

Tiffany is so poor at cooking but these days she have the excitement to cook for him.

 

"Now. Lets try it.." she said as she hold his shoulder and push it down so he is sitting in the corner.

 

He want it to take the fried rice but before he could reach it, Tiffany stand up to cater to him. He look at her suspiciously. She looks so different today. 

 

She take the sandwitch and feed him.

 

 

"Did something happen to you? You act different today?"

 

"Me? Nothing" she answer quietly

 

"You rarely cook a lot like this, cater to me like this, you even wear this beautiful shirt even you are often come here and.."

 

"Cant i cook for my boyfriend? Cant i cater to him and feed him? Then cant i use a good dress to meet him? You are so weird khun!" 

 

"No no.. dont missunderstood honey. Its just you rarely act like this. Maybe im just too tired today. You look absolutely gorgeous with it" he smile caress her hair and she tried to hide her smile from him. 

 

"Or.. have you gone somewhere?" He ask and look at her face carefully.

"Me? No.. im just come from home and prepare this dish. Why are you asking?" she said trying to look away searching her glass of water.

 

 

"No" he replied quietly.

 

He is disappointed of her answer.

Why she need to do this?

Did what the thing he really afraid of come to reality? Is there really something going on between them?

There's a lot of question in his mind

 

 

 

 

/flashback/ 

 

 

Its been 2 months after Nichkhun told her his deepest secret.

Nichkhun have talk to her and with her support finally he decided to join the company for replacing his father's position which it make Nichkhun super busy this month.

 

They are trying to make it easier by talking by phone or video call since the hotel Nichkhun's work is so far from her house.

 

There is the time when Tiffany misses him so much until she had to shared the tears and call him to beg him to find her.

Which he did it, he drove the car by himslef in the middle of the night after his works done to her house just to see her and accompany her to sleep.

 

How she realize she need him when he's not there. 

How his little things or scent that smell like him could bring down her tears. But she will feel guilty to beg him to find her when she knew how busy and tired he is.

 

 

 

As Nichkhun too..

He misses her too much until he wants to give up everything for her. But he cant be selfish. 

 

How he wants to protect her, ask her daily activites, make sure she eats well and how he always worries when he know she's going out with another guy without him by her side. 

 

But still.. what can he do?

The situation makes them cant choose, people said that we are always have a choice. But why dont the world give them a choice? 

 

 

They learn that love doesnt stand just for love, it need a courage, effort, trust, understanding, faith and loyalty.

Did they already have the others  beside love?

 

 

 

In this 2 months they rarely meet.

By the time.. they have fights.. a lot..

 

Tiffany always said she wants to meet him but he cant due to his work and Nichkhun will always jealous of Siwon who is getting closer to her by the day really freak him out.

 

 

 

This morning:

Nichkhun call her and ask her out to accompany his luch since he has a long break this lunch.

 

"I have a long break this afternoon. Can we meet? I miss you steph" he said with a sad voice.

"You know i miss you too. But i cant. I have a work to do this afternoon. Sorry baby" she know that he feels hopeless these past days.

 

"Alright. Make sure not to skip your luch baby. And i might stay in the house for tonight since it will be too far to come back to the hotel. Love you" 

"You too. Dont forget to eat and keep your health. If i have a time then i would come by. Love you more" she said and they end the call.

 

 

Finally, Nichkhun eat lunch with his workmates near his old house.

 

It such a pity that Tiffany cant join him. Even if it just a minute it will make him happy.

 

He just thinking of her in his mind and in a flash the girl in his mind walk in the other line of the street.

Wearing a beautiful dress of her.

Looks so lovely as always.

Walking with another man with an ice cream in their hand, she look at the man smiling and Siwon hyung wipes the ice cream in her side lip with tissue.

They walk so peacefully with talking and joking. He could see clearly that it clearly hurt his heart. He feels he burn his heart with jealousy. 

 

 

Nichkhun cant bear it and stop what he do. He go out and trying to cath them but he cant find them.

 

He walk back to the restaurant with a hopeless heart. 

What is she doing here? I thought she cant go out? Why with him? 

 

 

/end flashback

 

 

 

"Oppa why dont you eat it more? It didnt feel good is it?" She ask give him a smile and return her smile

 

"It taste really good. But i cant eat for more. Im finished" he smile and stand up walk away from her 

 

"Oppa? Where are you going?"

He know from her voice she feels a bit disappointed of his act but he is just cant right now. 

 

"I will take a bath then sleep" he said without looking at her and continue walk to the bathroom.

 

 

Tiffany's Pov

 

Why he act like that?

He act so cold like he's not talking to me.

I look at all leftover food in the table, cant feel anything but sad.

 

I have buy all the ingredients and cook it by myself. I cook it while thinking of him will be happy with it.

But i need to understand.

He might just tired and not feel good.

Yeah it could be..

Im trying to smile, the best thing i can do all this time.

 

 

 

 

He let the warm water calm his mind..

Rest his hand on the wall while let the water pouring down from his head to his toe. How he wish the water can wash away his sadness too.

 

/sigh/

 

Why? Why its really happening?

Whats wrong with me?

Whats wrong with us?

I know im not perfect, i cant give her my time but i just need at least for her to be patience until everything is over and we could go back like before..

But why she..

No.. i believe her..

I trust her..

She's not cheating..

She can tell me everything and it will be better.

But she lied..

 

 


 

Hey..

Its me again :D

thx for reading and your comment.

Hope you will enjoy it.

 :)