The Unexpected

Not The Witch (INCOMPLETE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ivy's eyes widened the minute Minho spun. Only when she caught a glimpse of the other guy's shoulder over his and heard the locker opening startlingly nearby, did she realize exactly what was happening. Even with the impending danger of being discovered in the boy's locker rooms- surely, a blow that would clear the way for Hyemin to completely annihilate her in public, something she, obviously, simply couldn't allow-, as Minho's breath disturbed the air in the almost nonexistent space between them, she was 200% sure that her alarmingly high heart rate wasn't caused by the suspense.

They were both brought back to Earth suddenly when the other boy patted Minho on the shoulder.

"You good?" He asked, "I'll be going on ahead."

Minho retreated from the locker, albeit reluctantly, and replied. "Yeah, man. I'll be right out."

The door clicked closed a second later, and he swiftly took a large step back, giving Ivy enough room to step out of the cramped space.

"Ugh," She moaned as she stretched, her shoulders and knees aching. "Well, that was definitely an experience."

Once out of the locker room, Ivy followed the same path that had originally led her there and found the pool without a hitch. Nobody turned to look at her, which she, as a professional attention , found a bit insulting, but her hurt feelings were quickly overcome by curiosity as to what could have so many rich teenagers so quiet and attentive, a feat not one of their teachers had ever been able to accomplish. 

She wove her way between juniors and seniors and people who didn't go to her school at all until she finally reached Yeeun and Yuri. She placed her hand on the latter's shoulder and said, "Hey. What's going on?"

"Oh my God, Ivy!" Yuri spun, eyes wide. "Where were you?" She hissed.

"Stuck in a locker," She answered, then looked around. "Where're the boys?" She noticed them before the question completely left .

"We're divided into teams," Yeeun explained, motioning at the other side of the pool.

"Boys versus girls?" Ivy raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "What kind of unfair competition?"

"It seems Naeun just really didn't want to lose at her own party," Yeeun shrugged. 

Ivy made a face, "It's not any fun if you make it obvious you're going to win from the beginning. She should at least pretend to give them a chance. Where's the showmanship?"

"Sportmanship," Yuri corrected.

"Same thing," She shrugged. After a moment of searching for Minho in the crowd and then, almost immediately, avoiding his eyes, she asked, "What game are we supposed to be playing anyway?"

It didn't really matter. They played volleyball, chicken, finished a scavenger hunt and, at one point, at which Ivy was pretty sure Naeun had run out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter