I CAN'T HEAR U

Not The Witch (INCOMPLETE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun nudged the shoulder of the girl sitting next to her, making her look up. 

"Where does she think she's going?" Hyemin muttered, watching Ivy walk across the plaza between their spot in the gardens and the school building again and again. 

"Apparently nowhere," Another girl answered, taking a break from braiding the hair of the girl in front of her to look at the daughter of the CEO of one of the highest grossing corporations in the world.

Hyemin bit her lip, frustrated. What is she doing?

Slowly, Ivy's zigzagged trajectory, seemed to be coming closer to them. It was like she was looking for something very, very carefully. When she was only a few meters away, Hyemin made up her mind. 

"Look at what the cat dragged in," She smirked, fixing her face into a mask of superiority. The girls around her snickered into the palms of their hands, but Ivy didn't even look up. Hyemin raised an eyebrow. "What? You're ignoring me now? Can't come up with anything to say back?" She paused, as if coming up with an idea, "Are you admitting defeat?"

The group all waited for the girl to acknowledge what was being said to her, but she just kept walking. She went all the way to the edge of the garden, then across to the opposite side, her eyes glued on the grass. Every step she took made Hyemin's blood boil, and her face to turn a darker shade of pink. Her "friends" exchanged looks. 

"That ," Naeun murmured, obviously getting riled up.

"Excuse me!" Hyemin screamed, frustrated. 

Ivy stopped and looked up, finally realizing that there were other people there. She reached up a hand, taking in Hyemin's expression, and took out her earbuds.

"I'm sorry," She tilted her head insincerely, "Were you saying something?"

"Those are nice," Minho said, coming up to their desks when she came back into the room. 

"Thanks," She said, "Caused some trouble with Hyeri just now." 

He raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

Ivy shrugged, "She was trying to like insult me or provoke me or something, but I literally couldn't hear her."

"Where were you?" He frowned.

"Down at the gardens," She replied.

"What, exactly, were you doing there?" He asked.

"Looking for something," She tried to make her voice as innocent as possible. 

He crossed his arms, noticing how she seemed to be evading his questions, "What were you looking for?" 

Her lips parted, then she looked up at him, meeting his eyes. "Snakes." 

"So, let me get this straight," He frowned, "You just spent your whole break time down at the gardens looking for snakes?" He stared at her, unbelieving.

She nodded, then said, "I don't see why there's something wrong with that." 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter