I don't play nice

Not The Witch (INCOMPLETE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss Ivy!" Misook yelled, barging into her room, "Are you awa-"

She was cut short when her question answered itself. 

"Good morning, Misook," Ivy said, grabbing her clutch. 

"You're dressed awfully elegant today, Miss," The woman observed her charge suspiciously, leaning against the door frame and crossing her arms. "And early." After a moment, she asked, "Are you having breakfast?" 

Ivy pursed her darkly stained lips, "I'll take it with me."

"Alright," Misook stood there as she walked past her and, when she caught sight of her back, she sighed and shook her head. After the state in which she had arrived home the day before, no action the girl could take would surprise her.

Minho looked taken aback when he slid open the door to find, instead of the usual empty classroom, Ivy sitting at her desk eating.

"Good morning," He gave her a lopsided smile, walking towards her, backpack hanging off his shoulder. 

She smiled through a bite of berries and yogurt, and pointed at him with her pink spoon, swallowing and saying, "Did I scare you?"

"I was," He thought for a second, setting down his things, "Pleasantly surprised."

She noted his damp hair and connected the dots. "Do you get here early every morning for practice?" She asked, her eyes wide.

He nodded, laughing, "I run here from my house every morning and do soccer drills."

"Isn't your house like," She paused, horrified, "In the outsides of Seoul?"

"You're overreacting," He shook his head, not denying it. He finished settling down, then shot a glance at her, which turned into him full out eyeing her. "What made you sacrifice precious hours of sleep, though?" 

She avoided his eyes, opening , then looked at him, a coy sparkle in her eyes. "You'll see."

Minho was temporarily frozen as Ivy continued eating her breakfast until the other people in sports started arriving. Each of them greeted him loudly before realizing that, for once in her life, Ivy Bell had arrived at school early. For some reason, they all started feeling a little bit... uncomfortable. Anxious.

It wasn't until the halls were already bustling and classes were getting filled that a shrill scream, closely followed by another, cut through the chatter. Everybody stopped speaking for a moment, then started whispering. It was somehow louder. 

Minho turned, the people he was talking to rushing out of the classroom behind everyone else, and caught Ivy's smile, before it was erased. She looked up, as if she had felt his gaze on her, and met his eyes, opening her own to look innocent. He walked out. 

"It's ok, it's fine," Naeun tried to calm down Hyemin. How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter