im sorry its just that i literally do not care at all

Not The Witch (INCOMPLETE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You sure you don't need help?" Minho asked one last time, eyeing Ivy warily as she pulled on the yellow rubber gloves the janitor had left for the two girls.

She slipped her last finger into place and looked at him, "Chill, I got this."

He sighed, "Ok, whatever you say."

She glanced at him, catching the worry in his eyes, and softened a bit. "Seriously, I'll be fine. I'll give you your shirt back tomorrow after Misook washes it, ok?" She said, referring to the plain white shirt she'd had to tuck into her black Nike shorts because it was so big on her. For some reason, when she'd packed the shorts that morning, she'd completely forgotten about putting in a top. She'd specifically reminded herself and everything. Tsk, tsk.

"Don't worry about it," He started, but she cut him off.

"I won't," She shot him one last close lipped smile and walked out of the building and onto the large terrace on which the Olympic sized swimming pool was located. 

The sunlight made her squint as she looked at the janitor draining out almost all of the water in it. She had also forgotten to put in a cap, although she had slathered on about half a tube of sunscreen on her face.

"It's all ready for you girls," The man said, glancing at the benches on which Hyemin had been lounging, avoiding the sun. 

"Great," She muttered sarcastically.

Ivy raised an eyebrow, unimpressed, and turned to the him, "Thanks Mr. Kim, see you later."

"Don't count on it, kid," He chuckled, climbing the pool stairs and heading towards the building, "I'm off in twenty minutes."

"Bye, then. Have a good day," She shielded her eyes with one hand and waved with the other. He raised a hand without turning back, disappearing behind the door a moment later.

Ivy stared after him, letting her hands fall to her sides and closing only the eye on the side from which the sun was shining, missing Hyemin's odd look. 

Why is she so friendly with everyone? The smaller girl thought, unable to decipher her archenemy. 

Ivy turned to her abruptly, "Shall we?" She asked, motioning toward the pool.

Hyemin scoffed, walking away from her and towards the supplies that had been left out for them. Ivy followed close behind, almost giving in to the temptation of listing every rude thing the other girl had done just that day. 

"What are we even supposed to do with this stuff?" Hyemin murmured to herself, lifting up a few bottles to read their labels. 

Ivy leant past her and grabbed one of the bigger bottles, "First we pour this in the water and it like kills germs and stuff, I don't know. Then, we, like, take this soap thing," She said, pointing at another bottle, "And those big brushes over there," She motioned at the oversized toilet brushes, "And scrub, like..." She paused, thinking of the right way to phrase her thoughts, "Everything." 

Hyemin stared at her incredulously, How many times, exactly, has she done this before?

As if reading her mind, Ivy said, "The Principal and I have this little deal that's like, every five times I skip class or school on Saturday I have to clean the pool."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter