Peek-a-Boo

Not The Witch (INCOMPLETE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure about this?" Chorong asked Ivy as they crouched behind some bushes in the school's gardens.

"What?" Ivy asked, her eyes set on the girl sitting on a bench a meter or so in front of them, reading.

"What if she was lying?" Chorong asked her.

"All the other girls you asked said it was Hyemin, as well, though," Ivy reminded her friend of her reconnaissance's results.

"What if they were lying, too?" She just stared at Ivy when he turned to look at her.

"Well, that's what we're trying to figure out, isn't it?" Was the reply.

Chorong sighed and sat back, eyeing her friend up and down.

"You came all prepared today, huh?" She smiled at the all-black ensemble, "For spying."

Ivy laughed, then turned around and sat down facing her, "With a twist." She said, pointing to the little cat cartoon in the t-shirt's pocket.

"It's cute," Chorong cooed.

"But wait," She said, and her friend raised her eyebrows expectantly. Ivy took a finger and pulled down the pocket.

Chorong broke out laughing, "Oh my God, it's still cute, though."

Ivy nodded, pleased.

"Hey, you two," A strong voice made them jump, "What are you doing?"

Suddenly, a man appeared on the other side of the bushes, looking down at them sternly. Upon seeing them, though, his expression softened. 

"Professor," Chorong whined, "You scared me."

"Hey, Mr. Oh," Ivy drawled, "What's up?"

"Oh," The physical education teacher scratched his head, "It's just you two. Somebody said there were people smoking behind the bushes in the common green," He explained, "I guess they didn't take a good look and just jumped to conclusions." He looked back at the school building, then glanced at them funnily, "What are you doing behind the bushes, anyway? Is it, like, the cool place to be nowadays," He shook his head to make the word seem even sillier.

"Why, professor?" Ivy smirked, teasing him, "You want to hang out with the cool kids now?"

They all laughed.

"Get serious, Ivy," He said, already walking away. Then he added, "Break's over in five minutes, be sure to be back in time!"

"Yes, professor." They chorused.

Chorong and Ivy just sat there for a moment. That is, until they remembered the actual reason they had been hiding behind the bushes.

"Oh my God," Chorong met Ivy's eyes, as wide as her own.

Simultaneously, they both launched themselves at the bushes. Peeking over them to find that, indeed, Lee Hyemin was nowhere in sight.

"That was sus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter