-Exchange?-

The Punishment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 39[/CONTENTID1]



[CONTENTID2]My eyes flattered open and all I saw at first was pure white of brightness , am I dead? , I thought. It took me seconds to readjust from the light that was blinding me.


White Ceiling 

White walls

A couch 


Why am I in the hospital? Did something happened? Right , I collapsed... But why? I was fine yesterday , really , no kidding. What happened to me? I looked at the IV fluid that was attached to my skin. I never experience this thing before , but it looks like it hurts when it attached to my skin.


" Eun Jung! You're awake! " 

" M-Mae? " I stuttered " What are you doing here? " 

She rolled her eyes " So I can't visit? " 

I smiled " Not in a way like that though " I said 

She chuckled " Just kidding , I'm just visiting you " she sat down beside me 

" What happened? " 

She tapped her chin using her fingers as she hummed " Let's just say , you were really sick at that time and you collapsed due to lack of rest " 

" S-Sick? " what kind of sickness do I have?  My heart pumped faster as I anticipated for the answer. 

" Just a fever " I exhaled when I heard that it was only a fever , not some serious kind of sickness.

I held Mae's hand and looked at her " Thank you for being here and for bringing me here in the hospital yesterday ,  you earned my trust " 

" Who told you that I brought you here?  and its not yesterday , you were unconscious for 2 days " she said 

I furrowed my brows and gulped , I was unconscious for 2 days? and if Mae wasn't the one........ " Then who did? " I said  " Yoora unnie? " 

She shook her head " Hoya did " she checked her wrist watch and told me that she needs to go , she stood up and patted her pants if there's any dust on it " You should thank him " 

I nodded " Can you just say it to him , for me? " 

" It's much better if you would be the one to do it , you can do it. It's just a simple thank you , what's so hard about it? " She left the room and the room is quiet now. Easy for you to say that , Mae , but it's hard for me. I just wish that you know what I'm feeling and experiencing right now , but you don't. 


A knock was heard and the door opened , speaking of Hoya , he's here... Our eyes met and his feet stood firmly there on the ground , he stayed there for a seconds and moved closer beside me as he sat down on the chair where Mae used to sit earlier. I saw his necklace dangling around his neck , the ring shining and shimmering because of the reflection of the light.


" You woke up " I nodded and thought that I shouldn't have woke up , just be unconscious forever and escape this lies in the world. It seems like we live in a world of lies , you can't escape but to play your part. 

" Thank you... " It was just 2 words and 8 letters , but it was hard for me to say it to him , to my half-brother...

" I guess I should leave now " he stood up but my hand stopped at his arm , he looked down at me and it seems that he was shock by my action. Who would ever thought that his sad or angry long lost half sister stopped him from what he was going to do , she should have hated him or ignore him for the rest of her life. But it was a sudden action that I made , neither do I didn't know what I was doing. 

 " Stay... " he followed what I said and sat down again " I'm sorry for my act of foolishness " 

He shook his head " I understand  and I'm sorry too , for not telling you about our relationship with Eun Hwa " 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter