Sand Between My Toes Part II

Apt. 34A

 

"Kyungmi!" I heard someone shout my name. 

I looked over my shoulder as the waves were crashing against the shore and the sun was beating down my back against the hot air. 

Seunghoon was walking over in the sand with a towel drapped over his shoulder and the guys behind him were trailing along as some of them were running after another and others trying to get their girlfriends. 

"What?" 

Once he had got close enough to me, he pulled the towel off of his shoulder and dropped it at his feet while putting his arm around my shoulder. 

"How come you haven't gotten in the water yet?" 

"I'm just waiting," I shrugged. 

"What?" He chuckled. "For the water to warm up?" 

"Shut up!" I frowned and tried to elbow him in the stomach while he laughed and twisted out of my reach. 

"Sorry sorry," he laughed and kicked some sand under his bare feet. 

Donghyuk had ran through the water to chase after Kim after she squealed and tried to swim away from him. Jun Hoe and Soojin both had started pelting each other with water as soon as he got close enough and Yun smiled when Mino had came over just to her so they could latch onto one another. 

"How come you haven't gotten in the water?" I fired back at him. 

"I don't know," he shrugged and looked ahead at the waves as they rolled up towards the shore, pushing everyone forward. 

"Well then that makes two of us," I mumbled and was just about to take a seat on my towel that I had specifically laid out on the sand when Seunghoon went to grab me around the waist. 

"Yah!" 

"Did someone call for delivery service?" He laughed while picking me up off the ground. 

"No no no put me down! Yah!" I screamed. 

He lifted me up into the air while trying to carry me across the sand and I shrieked while flailing my arms around to try to hit him or if anything make him drop me. The sand could at least cushion some of the blow. 

"Seunghoon-ah! I'm serious!" I shouted. 

I could hear the waves behind me, growing stronger as the voices of the girls and guys could be heard when they squealed and yelled at one another in the water. 

"Seunghoon let me down!" I hit his shoulder. 

"Yah," he laughed. "Why are you being so violent to me?" 

He had managed to stop walking and by now had moved me to the front of his chest while still holding me up so I had no other choice but to wrap my arms around his neck and frown at him. 

Seunghoon smiled when he felt my arms go around him and realized I wasn't struggling anymore and lightly shifted me in his arms. 

"I stopped happy now?" He raised his eyebrow. 

"No," I dead panned. "Put me down then I'll be happy," 

"But the water," he whined. 

"No," I glared. "I don't want to go in--" 

"You can't swim can you?" He narrowed his eyes at me. 

I squeaked and shook my head quickly while trying to put on the coolest face I could. 

"Ani! I know how to swim...I just am not in the mood that's all," I shrugged. 

"Oh really? Not in the mood huh?" 

"Ne," I nodded. "My legs and arms aren't ready to swim right now, it's probably just my allergies acting up or whatever. Or this weather, it's too hot," I frowned. 

Seunghoon gave me a crazy look and burst into a fit of giggles while shaking his head.

"You realize that what you just said made absolutely no sense right?"

"To who? You or me?"

Seunghoon gave me an exasperated look before continuing on to walk ahead and my eyes bulged out of my head as I clutched to the back of his neck frantically.

"Yah yah yah! What are you doing?!"

"Taking you swimming," he shrugged.

"Yah are you crazy?!"

"I said let me go!!"

"Seunghoon-ah!"

Apparently everyone thought me and him were messing around with each other because the other girls were laughing and Jinwoo kept hollering and clapping his hands to encourage us. 

By the time he was knee deep in the water and I could feel the water sloshing against our skin, I was literally clinging onto him for dear life and pushing my face as far down into his neck that I could. I didn't know if I was more scared that he had literally dragged me out into the water or that I hadn't passed out from shock already. 

"Hey hey, it's okay," he whispered in my ear as I felt his body sink lower into the water while I held onto him securely, not even aware that I was shaking. 

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to steady my breath that felt like it was coming out in short gasps and flinched when I felt the water surround me entirely. 

Seunghoon's arms tightened around me but that did little to reassure me as I felt us drifting further and further away from our friends since their voices were becoming distant. 

"Open your eyes," he said softly. 

"No, you open your eyes you piece of ," I spit out. 

"My eyes are open," he chuckled and nudged me slightly to which I shrieked and held on tighter. 

"Stop that!" 

"I'm not doing anything and you're fine! I've got you, nothing is going to happen to you as long as you're with me," he said. 

"Stop stealing lines from movies, I'm going to drown and die and sink to the bottom of the ocean and by the time they find my body, my uncle will never be able to identify me," I choked out. 

"For one, you're not going to sink to the bottom of the ocean. Two, I thought that line was very sweet and three, no one is going to need to identify your body," 

He removed his right hand from my waist and I whimpered while he flicked my eyelids lightly causing water to splash everywhere. 

"Open your eyes," 

I shook my head. 

"I will let you go if you don't open your eyes," he threatened. 

"You. Wouldn't. Dare." 

I felt him pause momentarily and before I could even say anything else I felt his left hand let go on the grip of my side and screamed while trying to scramble onto any part of him. 

"What are you doing?!" 

"Seunghoon!" 

"I got you. I'm not gonna actually let you go, just open your eyes," he said. 

The birds flying lowly started to fly away and more waves lapped at my skin as I held on tighter and very hesitantly opened both of my eyes to see the sun hitting the water and Seunghoon. 

Droplets were running down the side of his neck and the front of his bare chest, I let my eyes trail up to his face and he was looking down at me with a soft smile while his lips. 

"Now that wasn't so bad right?" 

I shook my head. 

He grinned and turned around in the water with me in his arms, bringing his hand up to my cheek which was cold and made me flinch just a little. 

"I could teach you to swim if you want," 

"Aniyo, this is more than enough. I don't want to die young thank you very much," I nodded. 

"But--" 

"Nope, let's not push it," 

Seunghoon laughed loudly and leaned forward to rub our noses together, creating a slick friction that made me smile a little bit. 

"Stop," I chuckled. 

"No," 

He let his hands go from around me and spread them out beside himself in the water to stay afloat while I lossened my grip just by some. 

I kicked my feet underneath myself and was at least glad for the fact that my heart wasn't thundering against my chest anymore and I didn't feel like I was going to sink to the bottom. At least not with Seunghoon here. 

I could still hear everyone else so I turned my head slightly to see Seungyoon and Junhee kissing quite heatedly in the water with their arms around each other. Blushing, I looked back at Seunghoon to see him giving me an amused smile while raising his eyebrow. 

"What?" 

"What were you looking at?" 

"Nothing," I squeaked. 

He looked over my shoulder and raised his eyebrow to see what I had already witnessed and he couldn't stop himself from shaking his head and looking back down at me.

"Kids,"

"You're a kid too," I pointed out.

"Yah, I'm only a year younger than you," he said.

I shrugged and Seunghoon smiled before bringing his hands back to wind around my waist and lifted me up so I was more or less eye level with him. When I gave him a questionable look, he only blushed slightly and pressed our noses together again.

"Wanna try?"

"Waeyo, try what?"

And why was he blushing?

"Try what Seungyoon is doing," he paused to his chapped lips again. "Can I kiss you?"

 


Hey my beautiful and amazing lucky and awesome readers!!! I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I have been on vacation in Hawaii,did you hear BTS new album dark and wild?? That entire is going to be the death of me, Suga's voice is going to be the death of me, V's hair is going to be the death of me...I loved their concept! go vote for them and make sure so they can win, because they haven't even made it on any korean music charts yet -__-_- Anddd what about exo's die jungs photobook? They look smoking hot my god! have you guys seen D.O. and Kai? >>>> I leave for college in four days guys and I'm all packed up and ready to go...I still don't want to leave but its whatever. ALSO did you guys like this little cliffhanger I put at the end of the chapter....what's gonna happen?

Until next time, read, comment, subscribe and upvote. Love you guys!