Unexpected Turn

What If?

I was still shaken up by the whole idea of Im Hara is the cousin of Im YoonA. Wherein Hara is the one who I showed my sketch of YoonA. That mere fact threw me into oblivion. I didn't speak at all, even when we walked out of school and reached the bus stop. I was still quiet, I was still too shock for words. Seung Hyun even got panicky. I catched a few glimpses when he looks at me with worried eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, as soon as we took our seats.

"Yes." I replied briefly.

He didn't say anything else after that, though he still looks at me with the same expression. 

When I got home, my mom was over the phone. When she hang up, she immediately asked me if I was okay. 

Seung Hyun must have called her.

I kept reassuring her that I was okay, that she didn't need to over react. "I was just stressed from the work I had during the exams." And I have books to prove it. It worked though, she instantly calmed down.

For the rest of the week, I thought of ways on how to explain it to her. I was formulating excuses on what her cousin saw.

"Noona, it was nothing, a friend just asked me to draw a picture of you." I practiced one night in front of the mirror.

I sighed and went to bed. She won't believe me. If I say those words, she'll just think of me even weirder.

So on Monday, it was judgement day. It was like when I was 7 years old, when I was called into the principal's office. Going home, was the hardest thing I've done that day. I don't want to tell you in full detail on what happened, but I'm going to tell you, it was ugly, and I hope today won't turn out to be like that.

When I was walking down the hall, I immediately caught sight of YoonA. I started to walked briskly, I was hoping that she won't see me. I was about to make a turn when I heard someone called me out.

"Tae Min!" It was her.

I stopped. I got nervous. I was trying to remember the excuses I made in my head. I wasn't ready yet. Please don't let her hate me for this. PLEASE. She was already standing front of me, smiling. I felt weird. Do I have to go through this slowly?

"How was your exams?" 

"What?!" I was surprised. Where are the angry words? Where is her disgusted face? WHAT'S HAPPENING?

"I said how was your exams? Did you do well?"

"I don't know." I answered, slightly confused. 

"Okay, I hope you did. See you around." She said, then she walked away.

"Bye noona." I called out, she looked back then smiled.

What was happening? Why was she smiling? Does this mean her cousin didn't tell her anything? Or was she even delighted by what happened?

I was still thinking these things, when Seung Hyun immediately came to me. "Dude you are seriously EPIC!"

"What? Why?" I asked.

"You ranked 8th place on our class."

"Really?"

"Yes dude."

As I went to my seat, I was showered by praises from my classmates. Even those people I normally don't talk to smiled at me. 

Classes went on normally, but my teachers suddenly showed on interest in me. Questions went straight at me. I think this is one of the down side of being in the top.

My day was pretty much great, YoonA wasstill talking to me and I got a high grade, it was still going great until I saw her. 

I immediately went to her side.

"Hi Tae Min." She greeted.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"About what?" She asked innocently.

"You, being YoonA's cousin." I said annoyed. She was getting on my nerves, and I don't even know what she's playing at, but whatever it is, I don't want to be a part of it.

"Oh." Her expression suddenly changed. The gentleness was replaced by a darker aura. Her eyes now holds a colder look.

"Just be glad I didn't tell anything her, so the best you could do now is thank me." She retorted.

"So what's the catch?" I don't know why, but I think I needed to make a deal with her. It was safer, I think.

"Date. Saturday at 4, at the coffee shop near the school." 

"WHAT?!"

"Don't be late." Then she left me.

It was going great, until I found out I have a date on Saturday.

ECSTATIC :|