And then..

What If?

For days I waited for Taecyeon's call. Every phone ring, gives me hope that it maybe Taecyeon's name appearing, but it quickly disappears when it was another person's name was shown. So instead of going mentally deranged because of waiting, I occupied my days with weekly dates with my old friends. I filled my days with lunch dates and clubbing that for a while Tae Min temporarily was erased. Once Hara came unannounced. I was coming out from the bath when I saw her leaning against my door. 

"Omo! Hara.." I said surprised. 

"Hey.. Sorry, I should've called earlier," she saud sounding apologetic, "Are you going out?" 

I nodded, "Yes, with my old friends." 

"Oh, I'll just go ahead then."

I shook my head, "No, it's okay. We'll go out for coffee. I'm just going to change." 

"Arasso, I'll wait for you dowstairs."

I immediately switched the blower on and dried my hair. When it was to my liking, I curled my ends and left it hanging. I wore my plain black sleeveless top, matched with my skinny black jeans. I took my yellow leopard-printed scarf and wore it around my neck. I held my yellow purse and put on my black pumps. The only accessories I had was my gold and black stacked bangles. 

 

tumblr_lraih9DC1L1qb35zuo1_500_large.png

When I got downstairs, Hara was held a book in hand and was quietly reading. When she heard my heals coming towards her, she then gave me a smile. "Let's go?" I asked. 

As we go down the basement to fetch my car, we never really talked. The atmosphere was still awkward between the two of us, that even normal conversations can't be carried on for too long. So when we drove around the city, looking for a good place to chat, we tried to break the silence. 

"I never knew you could drive." She commented. 

"When I was in New York, some of my friends from school taught me how." I smiled, and felt a little happy inside. 

"Really? I've always wanted to try, but I think mom wouldn't like the idea." She answered feeling dejected. The death of Hara's only sibling really gave a big toll on there family. And for Hara to experience that at a young age, may also brought trauma to her and also her parents. I understand the part where she tries not to get close to others to avoid feeling hurt, but sometimes I pity her since she ends up not having long time friends at all. And as her cousin, I know I should've been there more, or supported her more. 

"Sorry." I said quietly. 

"For what?" She asked curious. 

"About Ji Heon-oppa. I know when he-"

"Forget it. It was a long time ago." She said, slightly angered, since it seemed like she didn't want to talk about that subject.

"Okay, sorry, I won't talk about it." I said. How stupid you are YoonA, it was all going great but your mouth just wouldn't stop, isn't it? 

"You didn't answer me last night.." She said, looking at me, her eyes scrutinizing me. 

"About what?" 

"Do you still love him?" She asked, not meeting my gaze anymore.

I didn't need to ask who we were talking about. It was already obvious, and I think without even me saying it, she already knows my answer. But still I needed to tell her, my mind is telling me that with my answer I'm able to set her to let go the feelings she still has fo him. It maybe a way for her to open her heart more to Seung Hyun. "I do." And those two syllables sounded louder than I expected. "I still do. He was already inculcated inside my mind, so there wasn't a day when I don't think of him. He's guy I only ever love, and I came back all the way here to see him again." 

"What will you do when you see him again?" She asked, looking at me with her eyes studying my expression. 

Her question got me out of trance. For months I've been searching for him, I even begged Taecyeon to help me. I pondered for it for a moment, until I had the right answer, "I honestly don't know yet, but.. I know one thing, I won't let him go again." I said firmly. 

She gave me a smirk, but it seemed liked my answer. Just when the stoplight turned red, I stopped in front. My phone randg and looked at the screen. It was Taecyeon. I answered him swiftly. 

"YoonA? You there?"

"Ne ne, Taecyeon." I said. My heart was pounding out of my chest, waiting for the news I was about to here. Hara was looking at me, just like her, I was anxiously waiting for an update about Tae Min. 

"We found him. In Busan." Finally, the answer I was waiting for. My heart was leaping out of my chest out of joy. I had the urge to turn the car around and go straight to the aiport. My eyes went to the people in front, crossing the pedestrian lane. My eyes caught a man, wearing a beanie. He was gazing down, and slightly far so I couldn't figure out who he was. He was wearing a black skinny jeans, and a graphic t-shirt. Looking at him just gave me insane heartbeats. I didn't know it it was about Taecyeon or something else. Still I was wating for Taecyeon to speak about something more. 

tumblr_lti73gwukW1qhec6mo5_250.png

Just then the man turn around and I got a better view of him. My eyes popped out and my heart and the gripped on the wheel tighten. It was him. 

"He only have weeks left."