Finals Week

What If?

It was a week before the finals and Yoona and I religiously put ourselves into studying. Our dates and late-night texting had been reduced, to accomodate more time for studying. We could've end up, studying alone, but instead we compensated our time, by just hitting the books together. So a week before the finals we always go the library and study. 

As I was fixing my bag, Seung Hyun came to my seat.

"Getting ready for your study date again?" He teased.

"We're actually studying dude, with books and desks, it isn't actually what you're thinking." 

"Whatever, it's still a date 'cause it's just you and her." 

"Rather than having a go on the mysteries of my mundane love life, why not use your time to apoligize to Hara." I said seriously. 

He glared at me.

"She hasn't been coming to lunch for almost a week now, could you be at least sensitive about it?"

"I'm working on it, but I did call her though."

"What did she tell?"

"She hanged up." 

"Well, I'm going, and by time I see you tomorrow, you've already produced a brilliant plan to woe her again." I laughed at him.

He grimaced.

"You can do it, you've done it before. What's happening now? You lost your mojo?" I said jokingly.

"Whatever! Just go dude."

"Okay, bye." I left, running hurriedly to the library. By the time I go there, YoonA had already started reading. I approached her table and greeted her quietly. I went to the shelves and took the books I needed. I sat across her and started reading. In the middle of reading, YoonA suddenly asked, "What happened between you and Hara?" 

                               tumblr_lpgv27NEVo1qjntovo1_500_large.jpg

I got nervous, but I hid that, by not looking at her face when I answered, "Why? What did she tell?"

 

"Nothing, but she has been spending her lunch time alone. When I asked her once, if there's a problem between you two, she quickly changed the topic." She explained. 

"She and Seung Hyun had a fight." 

I told her what happened that day. The nasty exchange of words they had, but of course I left the part about Hara's warning, I wasn't ready for that yet. 

"Oh, I know she's quite stubborn, and I apologize for that, but please, fix things with her. This is the only timeI've seen her the happiest." 

"I will, I already told Seung Hyun, but if he'll won't do anything 'til next week, I'll be the one to cut the ties." I promised.

"Good." She smiled. 

After that we went back to studying. The good thing about her age is that, she already knows the stuff that I've studying for. She's like better than my teacher. We go home at 5, and like how always to, I wait with her at the gates for her driver to come pick her up. We didn't talk much when we waited. She only spoke to me, when her driver was already approaching.

"Promise me you'll fix things with her?" She asked.

I nodded. 

She smiled back, and went inside the car. 

The whole weekend, I studied for the finals. I literally caged myself inside my room, only going out when it's time to eat or when I need to go to the bathroom. Even umma thinks I'm doing something else, which I taught was funny, so I slightly opened my door, for her to at least be less worried. So for two whole days, I focused on all of my notes and try to remember the lectures we had. In between, I also texted with YoonA. Once, when I replied to one of her text, I saw Hara's name on my contacts. I fought the urge to call her, if I was going to fix it, I'd rather do it personally. 

Finals week came, and I was having that feeling, like I was already set. On the first day of my exams, my umma sent me off, and even told me to do my best. When I was walking on the hallways I was hoping that I'd see Hara, to at least give her a good luck, but unfortunately I didn't, instead I texted her. We only had three exams on the first day. And I had few items I was so unsure of. I also didn't see YoonA when I was at school, so when I left for home, I merely sent her a text. And like Hara, she didn't reply, I was getting annoyed, I mean what was wrong with these girls today??

On the second night, I reviewed again, leaving only 5 hours of sleep. On the second day we only had two exams. Though it was only though, it was two of the hardest subjects I had this semester. 

When my last exam finished, Seung Hyun immediately came to my seat. He kept asking me about the answers I had on the items he was unsure about. 

He sighed. "I'm just hoping I'd pass all of the exams."

"I'm sure you will." I said encouragingly.

"Tsk, I'm sure you'll be on the top again."

"Not so sure about that. This time, I'm having doubts." I said sadly.

"Whatever, cheer up dude.. Oh! Nevermind here comes your girlfriend coming to the rescue." He pointed at YoonA coming to our room. As she was approaching, I saw people, whispering, staring at her. Boys were even getting shock over the reality that she was actually coming to our room. I was worried and flattered at the same time. 

     taemin3.jpg

 

When she came to my seat, I said, "Only you can pull that one off." I said, pointing at the people staring at us.

"What?" She said curiously. 

"Nothing." I laughed."So what happened yesterday? I didn't even get a single text from you." 

"Sorry, I was busy. Family matters." 

"Does that answer a common excuse in your family?" I asked, remembering the same answer I got from Hara, when I asked her about her absence. She looked at me curiously, I shook my head. "Anyways, it was okay I think."

"Really? Mine was okay too, but I really hope I'd stay on the list." She said.

"I'm sure you will, we strived hard for this week."

"Yea." She agreed. "Ne, this weekend let's go out. Just a celebration for finals week." She said eagerly.

I nodded excitedly. "Ne, where we going?"

"Anywhere, I couldn't even careless if where going to a dumpsite, as long as I'm with you, I'm sure it'll be fun." She said sweetly.

I laughed, "Our little ballerina, in a dumpsite?? I think that's a great idea." I teased.

She playfully nudged me. She stuck out her toungue and left me and Seung Hyun. When she was at the door, she turned and said, "Saturday at 4." Then she waved back, and left my classmates with surprised looks on there faces. 

Anywhere? How about heaven? 'Cause it already feels like that when I'm with you noona, I smiled to myself.