Score: 0.00000001

What If?

After her performance, which was already the last one of the day, we settled in our seats and waited for the emcee to come out. After a while the contestants, arranged themselves at the center of the stage. I counted silently how many they were, and it turns out they were 15 of them. YoonA has at least 1/15 chance of winning. I hope she does. I really hope this day will end well for her.

After a few minutes, the emcee spoke. "Now for third place.." He took out the card out of the envelope. "goes to.. Seoul Arts School's Choi Luna!" 

The crowd burst into applause. The contestant, step in front the took the trophy and certificate awarded to her.

"Next, in second place.." 

Please, please, don't let it be her. Let her be first. Please.

"Lee Nana from Korea School for Arts!" Again the crowd applauded. After the winner took her award, I suddenly grew nervous. I clutched the stem of the bouquet tighter. Please, let her win.

"So, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for. And our first place, goes to..." 

I suddenly grew impatient. He was just being so slow in taking that card and annoucing the winner. 

"..is from..."

Please, tell it already.

"KOREAN ARTS ACADEMY, IM YOONA!" 

Oh God. The crowd burst into a louder applause. I screamed, I did an applause and I never cared about people looking at us weirdly, especially since Hara was also doing the same. For a moment there, YoonA looked at me for a second and gave me the warmest smile. 

YoonA took centerstage and received her award. "And for a surprise award for you Ms. Im YoonA, you will be taking a tour in the famous ballet capitals in the world." 

She suddenly smiled more and started to cry a little. I smiled to myself. I was happy too. Happy that she won and now she's going to go in different places. I'm glad, I'm so glad that her hardwork paid off. 

When the show ended, we all waited for YoonA outside the auditorium. Hara already introduced me to YoonA's parents. She told them I was her friend, and that I wasn't also friends with YoonA. Which I kind of thought a little off, since she purposely didn'y tell them. 

" Annyoung haseyo, Lee Tae Min." I started.

Her mother just smiled, while her dad just looked at me sternly. I gave them a small smile and looked down. I felt a little embarrased and I didn't want them to realize. I mean did I already made a bad impression? 

Then YoonA came out of the double doors. Her costume already gone, and changed into a dress. She was carrying her bag and the trophy and certificate she'd won. She came to us, smiling warmly. 

"I'm really glad you guys could make it." She said, while hugging her mother and father.

"Anything for my baby, you know I wouldn't miss it for the world." Her mom said. She was all smiles while talking to her daughter. As I look at her again, I can tell where YoonA got her looks from, and I can tell that her determination and focus was gotten out from her father. A beauty with a strong personality. 

While walking towards the elevator, she was still talking to her parents -though all the time, she was kinda just talking to her umma- she was telling them about the trip she's going to have and how excited she is. I offered to take her bag, at first she said no, but I insisted and in the end she gave up.

Thank you, she mouthed.

Then when we got out, unexpectedly her father spoke. "But YoonA, don't get attach into this thing. This world isn't for you. You're going to take over the firm and this will be just nothing but a mere memory." He said.

YoonA didn't say anything, I was even shock to hear that from her own father. Her mother did hook her arm around him and shook her hand. YoonA suddenly started to slow down her steps and match ours. 

I nudged her on the arm and gave her an encouraging smile. Even Hara made a silly face behind her uncle's back. I laughed and I looked at her and she smiled a little. "Congratulations." I said. 

"Yea noona, I knew you'd do it." Hara said.

"Thank you. And thanks for making time for this." YoonA replied. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," said a very smooth deep voice. 

I looked behind her, and then I saw the owner of the voice. He was a tall good-looking guy. He had prominent features but held an innocence. He was smiling like those leading men you see in primetimes. The kind of smile that could send every girls' heart melting. He was wearing a suit and looked dashing. 

"Omo! What are you doing here?" YoonA asked, surprised.

"Is that a way to properly greet me?" 

She shook her head sheepishly and took a step forward and kissed him on the cheeks. I felt my heart was just crushed by a 10-wheeler truck. It hurts. 

"Better." He commented with a smile. Hara gave her greetings and so did YoonA's parents.

"Oh, Taecyeon, did you see our daughter's performance?" Her father asked, suddenly feeling interested.

"Of course uncle." 

"Great, would you be joining us for dinner then?" 

He nodded. 

"Ne, I've already reserved a place, in that hotel, where your favorite restaurant is." The new guy said while looking at YoonA.

She gave him a smile, but it felt a little forced.

I felt a little embarrassed, like I was out of place. Even if Hara wasn't joining the conversation much, she still looked the part, and I was like someone, who's role playing. I was just trying to fit in. Even suits and ties won't change my status. So when their drivers came, I bid them goodbye.  

"Are you sure you're not going to come for dinner?" Hara asked,

"No, I've already promised Seung Hyun to go to there house." I said.

"Won't you at least let us drop you off?" YoonA said.s 

"No, we're meeting at a place near here, he already texted me actually." I explained.

"Okay, thanks again for coming." YoonA said.

"No problem noona." 

Then Hara said goodbye and I gave them both a warm smile. Then they entered the car and she them drive off. I sighed, I never even thought how good I was at lying. Love does make you discover different things. 

I walked through the city. I was trying not to to feel sad or anything. I was trying not to tell myself that I was jealous. I was trying not to disappoint myself that I can't possibly compete with that guy. I was just letting the image sink in, about the reality that Taecyeon is probaby her boyfriend. He is probably the one guy that will get her parents approval. And I can't just compete. I was trying to keep my emotions intact.

Too bad I failed at trying not to think these.