It's Time

What If?

A few days before vacation, I started feeling weird. My body seemed weaker, breathing became more labored just with a few minutes of running, and I just get easily tired. I know my body was reacting this way since my eating habits changed due to what happened. God, even depression can do this to you. So on the middle of our last week at school, I woke up with a high fever. 

After being fed by my mom, and taking medicines, I apologized to her. "Forgive me umma, I'm making you worry again."

"I get the fact, that you're still depressed about what happened, but how can you became careless about your health?!" She said furiously. "Tae Min please, you always often getting sick just makes me crazy, it seems to me that puting you to school, seemed like a bad idea after all."

I rubbed her arm. "Sorry mom, promise I'll get better tomorrow, I swear." I said convincingly.

"Aigoo, this kid! Just take care of yourself, ne?"

I nodded.

"Okay get some rest then." She ruffled my hair before going through the door.

I closed my eyes, trying to get a wink of sleep, but sadly it didn't came. I shuffled on my bed, trying to get the most comfortable position as possible to at least help me sleep. I sighed, maybe music can help. 

I stood up, about to turn on the radio 'til I saw something familiar near it. It was the music box. I was surprised that it was still there, I thought I've given you already, I said to myself. I opened it and let the music filled my room. Surprising the music felt very relaxing. I left it opened, and crawled back to bed. The music box gave me another feeling.. nostalgia. 

Suddenly all the memories I had about YoonA came rushing in. I started remembering the first time I saw her, and how heart started to raced when I held her warm hands. The way she looked when she danced in the studio, and that day in the competition. When she kissed me on the cheek. And that one fateful day that I confessed to her and she accepted my feelings. Ever good and bad memories I have played like a film, taking me back to the start of the term. 

My head started to feel heavy and my eyes dropped. I was falling into a trance. Finally sleep caught up with me. I lost into consciousness with YoonA's face the last one I saw. 

Then out of the darkness I heard her voice. She kept calling my name out. I searched pointlessly, knowing that the darkness was the biggest hindrance. I searched for her face, but the blackness of the place was just too disturbing. I stood up, aimlessly walking towards something.. or somewhere. I wanted to scream for her name, but I couldn't find my voice. I held my throat worriedly, what was wrong with me?

Then I saw the light, I hurriedly ran towards the end. There I was blurry visions of her face. I saw her silhouette. I didn't know if I was dreaming or not. Suddenly, I felt like my body was being shaken, or dragged my someone. Out of the darkness I heard my mom crying, calling our for my name, why was she crying? I wanted to shout for her but again no sound was coming out of my mouth. 

I looked back at YoonA, and she became clearer than ever. Her arm was stretched out, telling me to come to her. But hearing my mom cry made me hesitate, for a minute I wanted to run back to the darkness to help her. But when I looked back at YoonA, it just became absolute. I slowly walked towards her, every minute made me anxious, when I was about to hold her hand, everything went black. There I couldn't see her anymore, and their voices no longer heard. 

I woke up, with the glaring lights blinding. After a few seconds my vision adjusted. I opened my eyes more, and I was in an unfamiliar white room. There I heard an annoying beeping sound. I searched the whole room and I saw my mother crying, with my father comforting her. 

"Appa." I said weakly. 

They looked up and rushed to my sides. My mom held my hand, and placed it on her face, thanking whoever that I finally woke up. "What happened?"

"You were unconscious." My father answered, since my mother was still too shaken up to talk. 

"Really? But I was just sleeping, how many hours was I asleep?" I asked worried. 

"A few hours. When your mother came to wake you up for lunch you didn't stir. So she got worried and called the emergency." My father explained. 

Now that explains the voices I heard, but what about YoonA? How come I was dreaming about her. What exactly happened to me anyways? Until, I felt something oddly familiar. Like this situation where we are right now happened before. Realization hit me. I clenched my mother's hand, and looked up, eyes popped out. 

"Tae Min.. I think it's time."

Even without explaining, I know what they meant. We were leaving.

"We can go back to Busan, your grandparents miss you even you-" 

"Ne, I know appa," I said cutting him, I knew this day would happen, I just didn't expect that it would took about this long. I closed my eyes, prentending to sleep, but in fact I didn't want to talk about it anymore. Breaking up with YoonA hurt, but leaving her, and going to another place, not seeing her anymore is hell. "Goodbye YoonA, seems like I'll be gone for good." I whispered to myself, with a tear escaping my eyes. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're nearing the end guys.

Just a few chapters more :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXl4y6D-QI

This is the song that's playing out of the music box.

Again thank you for reading :))) <3