Lost

What If?

"OMO! Noona?! What are you doing here?" He asked, stunned by my sudden presence. He took his headphones off, letting it hang in his neck. He turned his iPod on and paused whatever song he was listening to. He looked up to me again, waiting for an answer. 

"Um..buying some ice cream." I said dumbily, raising my hand a little for him to see the yellow plastic bag I was carrying. 

He snorted, "I can see that. What I meant was.." he hesitated a little, "I thought.. I thought you were in New York," he muttered. 

"How did you even know that?" I asked, though I already know it was pointless 'cause I already know the answer. 

"Seung Hyun mentioned it in passing," he mumbled honestly. 

"Oh," I said briefly. The mere fact that he was MAYBE asking about me, just made my heart jumped for joy. Even though his friend only mentioned me out of nowhere, it still gave me quite joy that when we were separated he was MAYBE thinking about me.

"Take a seat," he said, while pointing at one of the empty swings beside him. 

I nodded, and walked towards his side and took my seat. I took my ice cream out and had a spoonful. I needed to do something with my hands, or rather keep myself busy, or else I might just spontaneously run to him and hug him so tight. That would be a dream come true, but it night not be for him. 

I glanced at him, checking if everything that was happening wasn't a dream. But then, he was looking up, and I took the opportunity to scrutinize him a little more. His jawline became more prominent, and his puffy cheeks was gone, replaced by the angles of his cheekbones. There were dark circles under his eyes and his lips became thinner and paler than usual. I had a feeling underneath his clothes, his weight gradually decreased. I sighed, I never thought how his illness could have this huge effect on him in just months. 

"You know? You're gonna burr a hole in my head," he laughed, finally aware of what I was doing. I looked at him, and there I still saw the twinkle in his eyes. He was still my Tae Min. 

"Sorry," I muttered embarrassingly, dropping down my gaze. I dug inside my ice cream, swallowing a spoonful.

He chuckled out of amusement, "I never thought I'd see you eating ice cream. You're a ballerina, so aren't you supposed to be watching you're weight?"

"I have a fast metabolism. I can eat whatever I want, I just need to watch my limit. I am a ballerina but it doesn't mean I need to starve myself," I retorted annoyingly. Now that I think about it, when we were dating, he never once asked me out for ice cream. He pushed me to be more discipline and to watch what I put in my mouth. Wow! 

"Oh, sorry." He mumbled, then he went back to being silent and gazing at the stars. 

I mimicked what he did, but instead my body was filled with happiness and contentment because of what was happening right now. This night felt like the most joyful one, finally after months of searching for him, I was finally hear, beside him. I was right where I wanted to be. I wished that this night would never end. 

"How you've been lately?" he asked, taking me back to reality. I glimpsed at his direction and he was still looking up. 

How I've been? How I've been lately? Well for months, I've been in New York, trying to forget you, but instead, I desperately looked for you. I was miles away but I still searched for you, and now that you're here, my heart is filled with joy, and I feel, I feel.."I'm okay." I said coolly, "How 'bout you?" 

"Better I guess.." Then he muttered something incoherent. The ends of his lips turning into a curve, behind that smile, he was maybe holding a secret, or an inside joke. Was he maybe thinking of a new girl? My heart squeezed. 

"Tae MIn.. about Taecyeon.." 

He raised his hand to stop me from talking,"Forget it, it's was a long time ago. Anyways, I have to go noona, someone's waiting for me." He said, giving me a sweet smile. Not waiting for an answer, he stood from the swing and started to walk away.

I wanted to stop him, I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to tell how I didn't want him to go, and when I tried moving away from the swing my feet went numb. YOU'RE A FOOL YOONA, A CHANCE LIKE THIS SHOULDN'T BE WASTED, I screamed inside my mind. 

I dragged my feet, and hurriedly ran towards him. I wraped my arms around his waist to stop him from walking any further. "No please.. stay with me a little longer. Don't leave." I begged desperately, my voice a little raspy. Tears for suddenly forming in my eyes, and I buried my face on his back, to stop myself from crying. 

He didn't answer, instead he put his hands on mine. I was expecting him to pull me closer, but then he turned around to face me, dropping down my hands on my sides. We were just an inch closer, he bent his head down a little, leveling my ears. 

"Noona, let's forget this night ever even happened ne? Go back to Taecyeon." He whispered gently. His head raised a little, and his lips pressed on my forehead. "Goodbye darling." And he left me there, walking in the busy city, losing him in the crowed. 

My body was trembling, no matter how much I wanted to catch up with him, my body wouldn't comprehend. Unknowingly I was already biting my lip to control myself from crying. His words stabbed my heart a thousands times. That night, I just wanted to drown myself in tears, losing myself in the sea of depression. 

I completely lost him, Tae Min simply doesn't want me anymore.