...

What If?

"Please darling.. please." I begged so desperately, I hugged him a little closer, with every ounce of hope in my body prayed for that answer. Every second came by so slow, as I keenly waited for him to speak. After a while, he moved his placed on mine, for a moment I anticipated for him to hugged me a little closer, but instead he did the opposite. He peeled my arms away from him, putting a distance between us. 

My whole body shook, vehemently forcing the realistlc ending that was slowly forming inside my mind, "Don't do this darling.. give me a chance. Give us a chance." I cried. 

"There's no more chance for us YoonA. We already got one shot out of this.. I don't-" 

"NO! Don't say that," Stopping him at his words. I knew to myself once he'll say it, I'll end up losing him, I'll end up breaking down in front of him. I walked closer, taking those cautious steps for him not to walk away, I raised my hands up, slowly, gently placing them on his cheeks, "Please darling.. don'r say that. I love you.." 

He closed his eyes. I didn't know how to interpret the silence he was giving me, is this the end? Have we not forgiven me? Is he possibly thinking of givng me a chance? Should I move closer? Should I kiss him gently? Should I begged on my knees just for him not to leave me again? All of this questions got a quick answer when he opened his eyes. He placed his hands on mine, taking it off. "Leave YoonA.." He said coldly, his eyes showing no expression at all. 

"But darling.."

"NOW!" He shouted at me, his eyes full of emotions, hatred, pain, emotions that I may or may have not given him. 

I quivered out of fear due to the intensity of his voice. I bit my lip so hard, to stop the tears from spilling. The words he said, shot deep into the core, like a screw slowly making its way inside, leaving traces of sadness in every space. I instantly felt weak, his words shattered the world I dreamed of having, a world of him with me. 

I covered my eyes, catching all the wet tears that was endlessly falling. I needed to get out of here, I needed to... I ran towards the leaving room, hurriedly grabbing my bag and walked out the door. As I was making my way down the stairs, I felt a presence coming near me, its footsteps almost there, but I ran faster towards the door. I hailed a cab once I was out of the lobby. I gave a quick glance at the building, hoping that the presence was him, but I got dismayed when it was nothing but one of the residents who came out from the building. 

The soft sobs I gave was the only thing being heard inside the cab. Once I accidentally caught him giving me a pity look. "Rough night miss?" He asked, sounding concerned. 

Rough? It was more like hell, I said in my mind, not wanting to let him know about it. 

 

Clumsily opening the door, I closed it immediately, and leaned against it. I dropped my head, putting my hands on my face. The tears, the tears I had didn't want to stop, it was like waterfalls, endlessly dropping to their liking, seeing no end in dropping like the pain became infinite. I unconsciously slided against the door, and sat on the floor. Pulling my kness agains my chest, placing my head on it. 

I already told myself, that this ending was one of the possible results I had.. but I still wonder why? Why does it hurt so much? Why does my chest felt like heavy from all the hurt and pain I had? It was like the first day again, the day when I discovered that Tae Min left me, without a word, without a contact, nothing. That day, I felt like I was drowning in the sea of grief, letting myself just be pushed and pulled by the waves of my emotions. For months I tried to get back to the shore, wanting to walk away from the kept up feelings I hide, but now, with just those words, I was pulled back in the waters again. Desperately gasping for air. 

The last chance I had, Taecyeon's sacrifice, the last strand of hope I had, all broke into little tiny pieces, like a glass already wrecked and charred by the mistakes we had, and by destiny itself. The relationship we had, was like the glass, it can never be fixed, it was nothing but a memory that needs to be forgotten. 

 

Groggily waking up from my slumber I looked at the clock, it was 3 in the morning. The hard blows I heard from outside the door, sounded like a loud beating of a drum, compelling me to get out of bed. Who in the freaking world would possibly come at this ungodly hour?" 

I clumsily got out of bed, putting my robe on and carelessly bumping into the door and things I had on the corner of the hallways. I was never good when it comes to being forcefully awake, and it got worse now due to what happened before. "I'm coming." I said, calling out at the person. Rubbing my eyes, I opened the door. 

I was shock, there, he was standing. Balancing himself at wall, panting as he tried to get his words out. 

"What.. What- Why are you here?" I asked. 

He didn't answer, he was still catching his breath, I wanted to tell him to come in, but instead, he held my waist and pulled me closer. His arms wrapped gently around me. His warm brown eyes, looking at me. 

"What are you-" And before I could ask, his lips already collided with mine. Kissing so gently like the first time he did. I wrapped my arms around his neck, to make it last longer, to make sure I wasn't dreaming after all. He pulled me closer, his hand supporting me through the small of my back, and other one, caressing me lightly on my cheek. Our lips parted, and the kiss we shared became sweeter as the seconds clicked. 

Pulling apart from each other, I looked at him, my face blushed and feeling warm inside, but I didn't care, I didn't want to hide it, "Why?" 

"It seemed like I still wanted to fight against destiny, to fight for our story.. Forgive me darling." He said, giving me a kiss on the cheek and buried his face on my neck, hugging me close. "I love you." He whispered. 

Those three words struck me then there. Those three words gave light to the darkness I was casted away in. Those words pulled me out from the water. This was it, this was the day I was waiting for.. the day I dreamed of.. the day when he finally said those words to me again. 

"I love you Tae Min."