Indentity

What If?

 

For a while, my heart settled. Whenever I’m at school, I never saw YoonA again, but my anxiety has already passed since I know that she’s been practicing in the room next to the library. For the rest of the week, I did what Seung Hyun advised. I concentrated on studying, and whenever class ended I always go to the library, to do some work regarding our lectures and stuff. I even did some advanced reading, which helped me a lot during our lessons. YoonA was doing her all when it came to her dreams, so I got more inspired, and even wanted to prove to myself, that I can be a little better for her. I still hear her music whenever I passed down the hall, but I never had the courage to go inside, just like what happened before. I kept saying to myself, that hearing the song was already enough proof that she’s still here, but instead I know deep inside, I’m afraid.

So when exams came, I was ready. I was like a bull, ready to charge at anyone who cast the red cloth. I was on my target. I did what my sister advised me to do on exams like this, answer the ones you know, and leave the ones you are unsure about. After answering, just go back to this items and you’ll have time to think and concentrate for the answers. I did what she said, and I think it worked, in my point of view. On the first day we had three exams, and on the second day we had two.

“Did you know the answer on the item 5?” Seung Hyun asked, after we passed our papers for our last exam.

“Yea, its math dude, you just have to follow this formula.” I explained, and immediately writing it down on a piece of paper.

He looked at me, frowning, “Goodbye 3 points.”

I just laughed at him.

“If I’d known that having to like someone can be a good way to up your scores, I could’ve gotten a girlfriend a long time ago.” He joked.

“Shut up dude.” I said, embarrassed.

“Does she already know?”

“What about?”

“How you’re crazy about her?” He teased.

“Not a chance.” I said briefly.

“Why not?” He said, irritated.

“Dude, it’s not like I’d even have a chance.” It’s true, I was a freshman, and she was a senior. She was the popular one and I’m still a newbie. She accomplished a lot already and I’m still nobody. The last thing she wants is an unpopular freshman, with nothing but a sketchbook in his hands.

“You’re just scared.” He remarked.

I know I am, but I didn’t admit it to him, instead I just shrugged my shoulders.

When we're already at the gates, I saw a girl leaning against the side. Her face was mostly covered by her long hair and she was looking at the ground. She was really familiar. I keep thinking where I’ve seen her before, and then our eyes met. She smiled. I smiled back; I didn’t want to be rude. Then I finally remembered, she was the girl from the before, the one who I showed my sketch of YoonA. It was her.

“Do you know her?” I immediately asked Seung Hyun.

“Who?”

Then I pointed at the girl. “Her.”

“She’s Im Hara. She’s the cousin of YoonA.”

My initial reaction was being surprised, then I got worried, because I remembered what she saw. I got more worried, so the nameless stranger wasn’t nameless anymore, and my fate was really in her hands. Damn!