New Girlfriend

What If?

"Hello." I said, managing to say it in a friendly manner, hiding the speedy heartbeats I had. 

"Hi..?" He said, his tone very slightly distressed and cold at the same time. 

"Can I come in?" I asked with much confidence that I've in just seconds. 

"Bwo?" He said, slightly annoyed, but he nooded his head and opened his door wider. 

"Sorry for disturbing." I said, as I took of my shoes and wore the slippers he had in the corner. Deep inside, I was deeply relieved that he didn't chase me off. Yes, good start YoonA, I mentally commented. 

He somewhat scratched his head, "Wait for me here," He said, pointing at the black couch, "Make yourself at home noona." He said briefly, then left, to go inside the kitchen. 

"Ne!" I shouted, even though answering him wouldn't make that much of a difference. The television was on, and so was the player. Just by the image of the a tough girl holding a gun in hand, it was safe to say that he maybe watching an action movie when I came over. But instead of looking at the screen, I was too absorbed in scrutinizing his aparment. The walls were a nice shade of beige. The black couch was the only chair he had in the living room, the small coffee table was perpendicular with the television. On the table were magazines, most of them were about music and games. The television was place on a table, wherein inside it, where countless number of cds and dvds. There was only one framed art on the wall, and it was nothing but an graphic art on the skyscrapers in New York. The only window he have, was covered with a curtain with a slight shade of green. There were only two doors near the couch. I had hunch that these may lead to both his room and bathroom. Only a thin wall seperated the living room from the kitchen. I looked around again, in my opinion, the apartment was a little too big for someone who lives alone, so I presumed that he may have been living with a roomate. 

The delicious smell, coming out from the kitchen had me drooling. I could feel the slight churning of my stomah, I didn't even realize how hungry I was. Then my bladder suddenly reacted, "Tae Min?" I called. 

"Ne?" 

"Where's the bathroom?" 

"First door from the left." 

"Thanks." I said, and went to the farthest door from my right. As soon as I flushed down the toilet, I washed my hands on the sink. I accidentally caught my reflection on the mirror. "Omo!" I grimaced, biting my lower lip. I look unkempt. My hair was a messed, hair was sticking out of my ponytail, sweat was foming on my forehead, and my face was slightly flushed. 

"Aigoo.." I didn't even expect that I looked like this, no wonder he was shock. I already made the decision, might as well look the part. I washed my face, and used the towel he had hanging near the sink. I pulled my ponytail, and let my hair hung loose. I tousled it a bit, until I fixed it into my liking. 

"Noona! Dinner's ready." He called out. 

"Ne." I answered. I was here, I waited for months for this moment. I needed to do the reason I had for coming home. You can do this, Hwaiting! Then having my fist pumped in the air. 

 

As soon as were settled on the dining table, we started eating quietly. Just like what I did before, I engaged into examining around the kitchen. The counter was surprisingly clean. There was a microwave and a coffee maker on top. He had an overhead cabinet, but I couldn't see what was in it. The wooden table, can occupy at most 6 people. There was a small balcony parallel to my side, but the curtains were drawn so I couldn't quite figure out where it looked over. 

"You have a very nice aparment." I said calmly. It was already obvious, that I wanted to have small talk with him, You're really that desperate YoonA. 

He smiled warmly, "Ne, but it wasn't like this earlier. Melinda made quite a mess." His lips turning into a curve, there, there was his genuine warm boyish smile. My heart squeezed out of pain, my assumption was 90% right, he had a roomate, unfortunately it was in the form of his new girlfriend. I tightened my grip on the spoon, I was feeling heavy all of a sudden. My hangover decided to come back, only it took it's worse form.. heartbreak. 

"Speaking of which," He said suddenly, then he stood out from his seat, "Melinda! Melinda!" 

"Aegya.. Melinda!" He cooed, disappearing into the other room. 

I was in a serious battle with my tears. I was blocking them with all the strength I had. So I loss in my own battle, in a battle that where I haven't even started yet. My chance disappeared in just three syllables. The optimism I had disappeared like a bubble, I came home for this.. for another heartbreak.. the worst one yet. I came home only to find out he had a new...

 

 

 

..KITTEN?!! 

Not hearing him came in, the sight of him, carefully holding a furry grey little thing caught me by surprised. He was cooing the furball, calling out its name. My optimism suddenly came back, I laughed. I laughed out so loud that both Tae Min and his pet looked at me, becoming aware of my presence. 

"Why are you laughing?" He asked, looking at me slightly concerned about my sanity. 

"Melinda's a cat?!" I blurted out without even thinking. Opps, bad idea. I stopped laughing and quietly went back to eating. Lowering down my gaze, hoping that my hair was enough to hide my tomato red face. 

"Wait, what did you think Melinda was?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said shortly. "Come eat, you're food's getting cold." I said, trying to avert the topic. 

"Did you think that she was-" 

"Sorry." I said, before he could even finish, knowing that it would only make me blush more. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know I still should've not reacted this way even if Melinda was your girlfriend." I apologized. I apologized more when he didn't answer. I didn't want to look at him, but my heart felt relieved when I heard him laugh. He laughed to hard, I couldn't help but wonder what he looked like. 

He was holding his kitten, laughing at it, "Melinda she thought you were my girlfriend, priceless isn't it?" He gave out a very boisterous laugh. I was glad that he was at least happy, but I was so embarrased I felt my cheeks getting hot again. 

"Pabo! Stop it already, it's embarrassing." I said, and the kitten was staring at me with its wide green eyes. Who would've thought I would get jealous over a cat? I groaned. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... um... Melinda, I'm sorry I used your name to name his cat. (forgive me, forgive me. *bowing 100x)

Hope it was okay. 

For the rest, hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Comment if possible guys. 

THANKS! MUCH LOVE :)))))))