Warmth

What If?

"Dude it's already been three days, and you still haven't got her name," said Seung Hyun. It was lunch time, and we're discussing about her again. The girl I bumped with at the gym.

I told him about what happened. I already described how she looked and how I felt the moment I set my eyes on her, "It was electrifying," I explained to him. I even asked him if he ever felt this way with a girl but all he ever did was laugh at my face and kept saying that I sounded gay. 

"Well for one thing, we know she's a senior," he said nonchalantly.

"What?! How did you even know that?" I asked, surprised.

He looked at me, a bit annoyed by something I clearly should've known by now. "Don't tell me you entered this school without even knowing that basic dress code?"

I shook my head. 

"Well you described that she had a red ribbon right?"

I nodded. 

"The color of our ties and ribbons indicates, what year level we are. First years have green, sophomores have yellow, and the seniors have red." He explained.

I nodded. I took a sip from my juice and started to ponder on what he said. A senior huh? Well at least that makes it faster for me to look for her. I was already planning ways on finding her, until something hit me. She was a senior, she was two years older than me. I didn't stand a chance on being her boyfriend, let alone be her friend. My happy thoughts were immediately burst.

"Even if I'll know her name, it's not like I'd even have a shot." I said, dejectedly.

"You never know dude." He said mischieviously. Then he stood up, signaling me with his hand to follow him.

We approached two girls who were conversing by the door.

"Ladies, can we disturb you for a minute?" Seung Hyun asked with much suave, that the girls started giggling.

He put his arms on their shoulders and said, "Do you know by any chance a pretty senior who had long brown curly hair?" 

The two girls looked at each other. They were thinking hard and long until one of them spoke. 

"Long brown curly hair huh? I think I saw a picture of her, by the fountain near the stairs. I saw it this morning." 

"Really?" I asked eagerly.

"Yes, I passed by it earlier. If you-"

I didn't even finish her sentence, I ran hard as I can until I reached the fountain. 

When I get there, I immediately search the bulletin board beside it. For a while, I thought I was already too late, maybe it was already taken down. I was about to give up until I saw her face. The paper was on the upper right corner of the board. I can't believe it, I already found it. I was grinning so hard that I don't even care that I look stupid. I read the article, she won a recent ballet competition, bagging the first prize. I even learned her name, it was Im YoonA. After I read the whole article, I stared at her face again. She had the most innocent face, her smile maked me completely breathless. 

My moment of bliss was interrupted when someone came and talked to me. "Hey I know you."

I turned to my left, and my heart jumped a little. It was her, in flesh and blood, standing in front of me, with her smile, magically making me rigid.

"Uhhh..." I couldn't answer.

"Yes, you're the guy in the gym right?" She asked.

I smiled sheepishly, "Yes, that was me, sorry about last time."

"Yes it was okay, don't worry about it." She smiled back. "I'm YoonA by the way." She said, offering her hand.

"Oh, I'm Lee Tae Min." I shook her hand. Her warm hands were perfect, but it was cut, when she pulled it back shortly.

"Well Tae Min, I hope you'll have a great time at this school." 

I thought of some witty answers to at least amuse her but all my mouth can make out of is, "Yes, I hope so too."

She went to the stairs leaving me with my heart beating out of my chest and her warmth, lingering on my fingertips. 

I hope she was right, maybe Korean Arts Academy may hold some surprises for me.