Trust

Cafe's Angel

 

 I saw my client left the restaurant and then look at my other client. She was bending over the table, her hands on her eyes & was crying. Yuri looked at me, signaling me to comfort her. I was reluctant but once I saw more tears coming out, I hugged her. I told her everything would be okay. She then jumped onto me and hugged me tight. She cried even harder. I didn’t know my relationship would also be on the rocks.

 

 

“Soo…”

 

 

Jessica’s POV

I was walking around, hoping to find a place to eat with Sooyoung because it was almost lunch time. Then I saw this restaurant that serves American food and Korean food. I was happy because lately I was craving American food so I went in. A short lady bumped into me and left with tears in her eyes.

 

“I hope she’s okay…”

 

I walked in further & I saw Yuri at one of the tables. I was about to run over to her but then I stopped when I saw Sooyoung hugging another girl rather intimately.

 

“Soo…”

 

“Jessica?!” Yuri looked at me then at Sooyoung. She cursed under her breath. Sooyoung just looked at me. The girl looked up but I couldn’t see her teary face because my vision was blurred. I turned around & walked out of there like the girl before me.

 

“Wait, Sica!” I heard Sooyoung calling me but I just wanted to keep on walking and be away from her. Suddenly, she grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

 

“It’s not what you think, Jessica. I was just—“

 

“I want to break up.” She looked at me with a shocked expression.

 

“Jessica, let me explain...”

 

“I want to break up, Sooyoung.” I said it in a serious voice but inside my heart is breaking into a million pieces.

 

“Why, because of what happened?! She was one of my clients! She is going through a divorce!”

 

“She would be single then.”

 

“but I’M NOT!”

 

“You are now, Sooyoung.” I tried to go but she held onto me.

 

“You never love me before.” She looked at me with a serious face. I turned around & was about to cry.

 

How can she think that I didn’t love her? She didn’t love me!

 

“What?” She let go of my wrist. We were on the corner of the street in front of my apartment.

 

“That’s why you won’t let me explain. You’re looking for an excuse to break up with me!”

 

“I can’t believe you’re trying to turn this around on me…I’m not the one who was hugging a girl like she was your life saver!” I screamed at her but she didn’t flinch.

 

“She was upset with her wife because she is GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE!” That was the first time Sooyoung ever screamed at me. She continued with her explaination.

 

“Like her wife, you don’t trust me enough to know that I wouldn’t cheat on you, Jessica! But now I know why. You don’t like it when we go out to public places. When we do go out, you would let go of my hands if you see your friends. Are you ashamed of me, Jessica? If you are then we really should break up..”

 

We looked at each other for a long time. Starting at the top of her face to her big eyes & down to her chin. I was mentally trying to remember everything about her before I let her go. She was also looking at me, her face was full of disappointment, hurt & she looked shattered but I didn't notice it fully because I was going through the same thing.

 

“Exactly my point..” I turned around & went up to my apartment. 

 

Sooyoung's POV

 

I saw her went up to her door & closed it behind her. I just stood there, half hoping that she would open it for me.

 

Why can't you just trust me? My angel, I love you..