Challenge

Cafe's Angel

"Yuri, how's working with Seohyun?"

 

I looked at Yuri who was across from me at the building's lunch room. Jessica packed us some lunch so we would remember to eat. Yoona left for the States 3 days ago and Yoona left me in charge. I've been in the office and sometimes me and Yuri would forget to eat lunch. Yuri bit into her bagel before she reply back to me.

 

"Its -gulp- okay..if you considering looking over her shoulder and playing Suduku work.."

"Huh?"

"She won't let me do anything, Soo! She just asked for the files and I just give them to her. I won't see them until the next day, finished & prepped for the hearings. I don't have to do anything.."

"Haha, isn't that what you want, pay with no work?"

"No! Yoona told me I need to do my job and help her.."

 

I smiled. I felt that Yuri and Yoona gotten closer now. It's nice to see them actually not at each other's throats. We finished our lunch and walked back to my office. Yuri was telling me a joke when we walked inside my office. Our laughter suddenly cut off.

 

"What are you doing here? Who let you in?"

 

That was Yuri talking to our unwelcomed guest who is sitting at my desk. She had on a white blouse and a black skirt. She uncrossed her legs and stood up. She straighten out her skirt before she answered us.

 

"I'm here to talk to her, not you, Yul.."

"Don't call me that. We're no longer friends."  I looked at Yuri before I looked back at the person. I finally speak up.

"You do know that you come here uninvited into my office which means that you're trespassing. I can sue you."

 

We both looked at each other for only a few seconds but all of these emotions come rushing in. Part of me want nothing to do with this Hyoyeon but at the same time I want to know what is she doing here.

 

"I just want to talk to you..alone."

 

I looked at Yuri and told her to leave the office and go help Seohyun with whatever. After Yuri closed the door, I walked to my coffee table and pour a cup of coffee and took out a water bottle from my fridge. I then went over to my desk and sat down. Even though Hyoyeon is uninvited, she is still a guest. I motioned for her to sit down and gave her coffee.

 

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Jessica."

"What about her?"

"I want her back."

 

I thought I heard wrong but she was staring at me now.

 

"You have a lot of nerve to come here and expect what, me to give her to you? You must be joking." I was trying really hard to hold in my anger and not to grab Hyoyeon by the throat.

"No, I don't expect you to give her to me. I know that you're her girlfriend now but I was her first love. First love is hard to forget, Sooyoung-sshi."

"You cheated on her with her sister! Don't talk to me about first love, Hyoyeon-sshi. I know you're her first love but you should also know that I will do anything to keep Jessica near my side."

" and you should know that I will make her go to my side.."

"What makes you so sure?" I was clenching my fists now but I still kept my cool.

"6 years of being with her compared to your 5 months. That's where my confidence is. I see that you have a lot of work to do. Have a nice day, Sooyoung-sshi."

 

Hyoyeon stood up and was about to walked out but she stopped at the door.

 

" and your coffee is bitter..just like you will be later after Jessica come back to me." She left. I was standing up now with my clenched fists near my side. I was shaking with anger. Jealousy and rage was boiling up to the point when I crushed the coffee cup onto the desk. The cup broke and it cutted my hands.

 

"Sooyoung, what did Hyo- What happend to your hand??!"

 

Yuri ran over to me and looked at my hand. It was bloody and cut up. She frantically look for napkins in my office.

 

"Soo, it won't stop bleeding! We need to go to the hospital!" I didn't say anything. Seohyun walked into the room and saw what happened.

"What happened to her hand, Yuri-unnie?!"

"I don't know but I think she need stiches! It won't stop bleeding!"

"I can help..do you have a first aid kit?" Yuri looked around my office and finally find the kit in a drawer. Seohyun opened it and carefully took the pieces of glass out of my hand and stiched me up.

"Soo! What is wrong with you?! What happen--"

"Yuri, you and Seohyun go finish Yoona's files. She will be pissed if she came back to unfinished work.."

"But--"

"Go."

 

I wanted some time to myself. Yuri was about to protest again but Seohyun stopped her and pulled her out of my office. I looked at my bandaged hand and looked up at my ceiling.

 

"Jessica won't leave me for her, will she?" 

 

That night

 

I was lying down in my bed so I heard a knock at my apartment door. I got up and opened the door.

 

"Babe, I got you some dinn- What's wrong, Soo? You look pale.."

 

Jessica walked in my apartment and put down the bag. She walked over to me. She placed her hand on my forehand.

 

"You're warm...I think you have a fever.."

"Nahh, just tired; Sleep is all I need.."

"Well, eat this soup that I made before you sleep." She pulled my hand but I guess she must have felt the bandages and looked down.

"What happened to your hand?! Why is it wrapped up?"

"I..uh..accidentally cut myself at the office. It's okay, Sica; No need to worry." I tried to smile at her but she wasn't having it.

"You should be more careful! Let me see.." She took my hand and examined it but I pulled it away from her and pushed her towards the dinner table.

"I'm fine; let's just eat, please. I want to eat your cooking."

 

I sat down at the table while Jessica went to get a bowl and spoon for me. She scooped out some for me and I ate it. I love Jessica's cooking. It made me feel a little better after what happened today. I finished and she washed the dishes because she wouldn't let me because of my hand. We walked over to the room and the T.V.

 

"What do you want to watch?"

"Whatever is fine.." I pulled her closer to me. She landed her head on my chest while we were watching Aladdin. I was tired from work so I fell asleep before we even got to the middle part of the movie.

"Soo, isn't the monkey--" I felt move her head to look at me.

"Pabo..sweet dreams..I love you.." then I felt her lips on mine. She was about to leave but I held onto her.

"Jessica..don't leave tonight.." I still had my eyes closed but I was awake enough.

"I didn't tell Yuri I would be staying the night.."

"Text her.."

"What about my clothes?"

"I have extra clothes for you."

"How am I going to work?"

"I'll take you tomorrow..please don't go.."

"Okay, I'll stay with you.."

"Thank you.." I gave her a kiss on her forehead. I pulled the covers over us while she turned the T.V. off.

 

I need you by my side, Jessica...please don't leave me..