My Boss

Cafe's Angel

I couldn't stop smiling when I went into work today. Last night was amazing.

 

Flashback

 

After the park trip, I took Jessica home. I opened the car door for her and walked her to her doorstep.

 

"I had a nice time today, Sica..Will I see you again?" I asked her shyly. She smiled at me.

 

"Are you trying to ask me out again, Sooyoungie?" She teased me. Five minutes passed until I replied back to her.

 

"You know what, Sica? No, I'm not asking you out. I want last night to be the last time to ask you out. I had a great time tonight. I hope you did too. I don't want to count to 100 anymore to muster up the courage to 'ask you out' so no, I'm not asking you out."

 

"..."

 

"I want to ask you to be my girlfriend instead. I just want to meet up with you and hang out with you like a girlfriend would. I don't want to ask you out because that also means that other people can 'ask you out' too..so can tonight be the last time for me to ask you out and next time we would hang out like a couple?"  I breathe after I told Jessica my confession.

 

Jessica just stood there after I rant about my feelings. Then she hugged me. I hugged her back and relief washes over me.

 

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend.." I smiled and then she kissed me. It was just a peck on the lips but it still make me happy.

 

"I usually don't kiss on the first date but since this is our 'last' date, I'll make an exception for you.."  

Flashback ends

 

I opened the door to my office and my smile suddenly disappear.

 

I swear my work pile just get bigger and bigger.

 

" UGH, I'm gonna kill that girl when I see her.."

 

"Kill who?"

 

I turned around and saw my victim. She looked at me with her questioning doe-like eyes, tilting her head to left. Her black hair flows naturally with the angle of her head. I glared at her with my dagger eyes. She still had the same confused face on.

 

"You. That's who." I walked to my desk and flopped myself behind the pile of work.

 

"Why me? I don't tell people sue other people to just enlarge your workload. It just happens.."

 

"Yeah, smart alleck. What do you want, Im?"

 

" I want you to hold me." I rolled my eyes. Yoona walked over to me and sat on my lap with her arms around my neck. She rests her head on my shoulder and close her eyes. I held her so she won't fall over.

 

"What's wrong, Uncle being mean?"

 

"Appa want me to expand the company and want me to take over. He's not getting any younger, Soo..but I'm not sure I can do it on my own.."

 

"You'll be fine & besides you got me!" I smiled as she snuggled closer to me. I her hair to soothe her. If someone were to walk in right now, they would think I was her lover. I do love Yoona but as a sister. Yoon in everybody's eyes is drop dead gorgeous. I'm just not everybody because I know her. She is immature, hyperactive, and can eat for 5 people. She would even show you the food in if you ask her what is she eating. Yoona doesn't see me like that anyway. She said that I'm not her type. Ugh, I'm everybody's type. My bloodtype is O. Our fathers is also close friends so automatically we're close. So this level of intimacy is normal. My mind shifted to Jessica. I wanted to hold her like this on our date last night but it was getting late.

 

"HELLOOO...EARTH TO SOO.." I snapped out of my daydreaming and look at Yoona.

 

"What?"

 

"I called you like 5 times; What were you thinking of?"

 

"Nothing." She eyed me suspicously and saw right through me.

 

"You like someone! Are you cheating on me, Sooyoung?!"

 

"Yeah, I'm cheating on you..with a guy." I said sarcastically.

 

"Now I know you're not cheating on me. You're straight as a bent arrow." She laughed while I smirked at her.

 

"No, seriously who were you thinking of?'
 

"My angel.."

 

================================================================================================

 

"Mann, I'm so nervous rightt now!" I looked at my watch and saw that I have 2 minutes until my interview with the head of the law firm. 2 minutes feel like 2 freaking hours.

 

"Kwon Yuri.." I looked up when I head my name and mumbled 'hwaiting' to myself. I walked into the office and sat in front of a big wooden desk. I was playing with my fingers when the lady that me in told me that an "Im Yoona" would be there shortly for the interview. I was looking around at the spacious office and was impressed. There was law books on the shelves in the back of the room with a fridge, not a mini fridge, but an fridge next to a couch. The office also have a magnificent view of Seoul. The colors consisted of black and white with shades of grey.

 

"Nice office.."

 

"Thanks. I did it myself.." I turned towards the voice and my mouth hunged open. This 'Im Yoona' the most beautiful creature I ever saw.

 

"Do you always stare at your interviewer with your mouth wide open?"

 

"No, just the pretty ones.." I mentally slapped myself for telling her that. There goes my job..

 

"You're hired."

 

"HUH?" I stood there in shock.

 

"I already look at your creditals and I was impressed. I just wanted to see the person behind the application to get a "feel" on them & I also like honest people. So you telling me that I'm pretty is pretty honest."

 

Did she just subtlely compliment herself?

 

"So, your new job is a screctary for one of my board members. Her name is Choi Sooyoung. Let me show where her office is."

 

We walked down the firm hallway, got into an elevator and stop at the 20th floor. We walked out and went into and big office with the same design as Yoona's but Sooyoung's office is mostly white.

 

"BABY, I'm here!" Yoona screamed her lungs out once the door opened.

 

Baby? She's taken? Figures.

 

"What do you want, Yoona? I'm working."

 

"That's no way to talk to me like that. I'm still your boss, Soo"

 

"Sorry, how may I help you, BOSS?"

 

"Hehe, much better. I got you a present" Yoona pointed me and I bowed at Sooyoung.

 

"Hello, My name is Kwon Yuri & I'm guessing I'm your present/secretary..?" I looked at Sooyoung which gave me a confused face.

 

"You got me a scertary, Im? When?"

 

"Just now. So give her some of your workload to her and have fun." Yoona gave Sooyoung a peak on the lips and left me there with my new boss.

 

"Uhh, Yuri..I don't have anything for you to do as of now so how about you just come here 9AM tomorrow to start? Is that okay,?"

 

"Whatever you say, boss"