Forgiveness

Cafe's Angel

There was silence. Awkward silence. I was in the car with Jessica who was in the passenger seat and Krystal was in the back seat.

 

"Soo..how was the flight, Krystal?" I broke the silence and Krystal looked at me through the rearview mirror.

"It was okay."

"Oh."

 

Silence. Krystal continued to look out of the window. Jessica was doing the same thing.

 

"So am I dropping Krystal at your house, Sica?

"No. I will find my own place to--"

"Yes. Drop her at my place."

"No, Sooyoung-unnie..just--"

"No, Soojung; you are going to stay at my place and that's final."

"Okay.."

 

We stopped at Jessica's place. Jessica gave Kyrstal the keys. Krystal said goodbye to me and went up the steps. When I saw Krystal went through the door, I went to Jessica and gave her a hug. I know that Jessica might be from shocked with what just happened.

 

"Are you okay?" I was rubbing her back up and down, hopefully to calm her nerves. She didn't say anything to me.

"Well, she's here. Try not to isolate yourself from her. She is still your sister.."

"I..don't know, Soo..I haven't talked to her in years. I don't even know what to do or say to her."

"Just be comfortable around her. I can tell that she's the same way. Don't think too much about the past;"

"...I'll try..Thanks, Soo..I love you.."

"I love you too; now go inside and help your sister. I'll text you." I gave Jessica a peck on the lips. She smiled at me and went inside the house.

 

Jessica's POV

 

I closed the door to the apartment and saw Krystal in the living room. She was looking around. She was startled when she heard the door clicked.

 

"Everything okay?" I asked her.

"Umm, yeahh; I was just-t wondering..where would I sleep?"

"The couch is too hard to sleep on and Yuri likes her space so, I guess with me.."

"O-oh..okay.."

"Why, don't want too?"

"No, I-I'm fine.." Silence before I asked her again.

"Are you hungry?"

"No.."

 

growls

 

"Right..I'm going to cook chicken alfredo..just wait in the living room.." I walked into the kitchen and start cooking Krystal's favorite dish. I know she loves it ever since she was young. After I finished, I told her to come to the table..

 

"Is it okay? Too bland?" I saw her staring at the food and not picking it up.

"No..I just realize how much...I miss your cooking..Thanks, unnie.." She weakly smile at me.

"Oh, well eat more. I cooked a lot.." I was twidiling with my fingers.

"When does Yuri-unnie comes home?" Krystal put a spoonful of the food in .

"She come home kinda late but since Yoona's back, she probably be home soon. How do you know Yoona?"

"Oh, you know about her new company? Well, the people over in the States asked me to help her.

"Oh.."

"Unnie, I'm full..can I..watch T.V.?"

"Yeah, suree.."

 

Krystal got up from the table and went into the living room again and I washed the dish. This is how it was before. I would cook and clean while she would look up the movie that we both would like. After I was done, I walked over to the couch.

 

"Unnie, can we watch..My Sister's Keeper?"

"Sure.."

 

 

"Unnie, are you okay?"

 

We finished the movie and there was still tears in my eyes.

 

"I'm fine..are you tired?"

"Kinda am..I guess jet lag?"

"Let's get ready for bed."

"Okay.."

 

It was only 9 something but it was emotionally draining and tiring. Too many events in one day. We both got ready for bed. Krystal turned off the switch and crawled into the empty space next to me.

 

"Unnie...

"...yes?"

" I want to..say that..I'm sorry.." Our backs was facing each other but we back turned around to try to see each other's faces. I didn't know what to say.

"I don't know what happened..it just happened. I'm sorry for making you sad. You can hate me, I don't care but I just want to say I miss you...alot.." I can tell that Krystal was about to cry. I pulled her into my arms and start her hair.

"Stupid..I don't hate you.."

"Really?" Krystal asked me in English.

"Really..I miss you too..I'm such a bad sister for ignoring you all these years. I'm sorry..I didn't mean too..Let's just forget about what happened and make new memories together, arraso?"

"Okay..I really miss you, unnie.." She snuggled closer to me.

"Me too.."

"So..is Sooyoung-unnie your girlfriend?"

"Yeah..been with her for a while now.."

"She seems nice..I promise I won't ruin this one.."

"I know..now go to sleep..I'll take you shopping tomorrow when you get out of work..I saw your luggages. You barely have enough!"

"HEY! It's not that bad...fine, I'm going to make you bankrupt!"

"Yuri is already doing that..."

"Haha, let's go to sleep now; I have a meeting with Yoona early in the morning. Sweet dreams, unnie..I love you.."

"Sweet dreams, Krys..I love you too.." I gave her a peck on her forehead and we fell asleep with peace in our minds.