Explaination

Cafe's Angel

“What are you doing?”
 

“I still live here...since you didn’t sign the papers...”

 

“You want me to?”

 

There was silence for a while. Tiffany was standing by the door while I was by the couch, trying to keep my distance between her. I was looking at her while she was staring at the floor. Part of me wants her to say no.

 

“Do whatever you want, Tae since you already made up your mind about the situation already.”

 

“What did you expect me to do, pretend that nothing happened?!”

 

“YES! Cause NOTHING HAPPENED. Why can’t you just TRUST ME?”

 

Tiffany threw her purse down on the desk. She was trying hard not to cry but her tears escaped her eyes anyway. She slowly lifted her head up & looked at me. We stared at each other, trying to read what each other are thinking of. Tiffany had no makeup on so her face showed signs of fatigue of the last few days. I really want to believe that Tiffany didn’t cheat on me but I just couldn’t get the images of that night out of my head...

 

Flashback

 

“Tiffany, I’m home...”

 

I dropped my briefcase & car keys on the desk & sat down on the couch. I started to massage my head from the migraine I’ve been having for the past few nights. I didn’t hear anything from Tiffany for a while so I decided to go look for her. I checked the kitchen, the other living room, & the dining rooms & still no Tiffany. I decided to check our balcony & anger just filled me up to the core. I saw Taecyeon hugging Tiffany while she snuggling in his chest. He then lifted her head up & kissed her forehead. I didn’t know anger can be a strength enhancer. I’m a midget compare to Taecyeon. I stormed up to Taec, turned his shoulder around & punch him square in his nose. He then stumbled backwards with blood flowing down to his shirt.

 

“TAE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Tiffany was screaming at me but all my focus was on the guy who was on the floor with the bloody nose.

 

“Leave now before I let my security toss your out...from the top floor.” I threaten him in the deadliest tone I have ever used on anyone & Tiffany widened her eyes.

 

“Kim Taeyeon! What is wrong with you?! He was—“

 

“Mi-young.” I looked her with my glare & I know my look to her right now was full of anger because she didn’t say anything after that. Taecyeon slowly got up & left.

 

“Tae, can you tell me NOW what is wrong you? Why did you go & punch Taec?!”

 

“I saw you & him...” My voice was cracking up & I was about to collapse onto the floor. Tiffany then realize what had made me act that way. She walked towards me & was about to touch my arm but I backed away. She froze.

 

“Tae, nothing happened. He was just trying—“

 

“I KNOW what he was trying to do, Tiffany! He would’ve gotten it if I didn’t come home fast enough! He was trying to get you away from me & he succeeds! YOU let him kiss you!” Anger started to piled up inside me & I was shaking.

 

“Nothing happened! You didn’t ask me what even happen & just barged in & without any reason, punched Taec. You are really too much, Tae...” Tiffany was heading towards the door.

 

“Where are you going, Tiffany?”

 

“Taecyeon didn’t get me away from you..you did, Tae.” She closed the door behind & left me.

 

“Tiffany..”

 

Flashback ended

 

“I did trust you & you left me.” I tried to erase the painful past.

 

“Tae-“

 

“What did I do wrong, Tiffany? I got you everything you want...What more can I do…?”

 

 

“You didn’t give me your love.” Tiffany looked at me. I was shocked. How can she say that I didn’t love her when I gave her everything. I even gave her my heart but she threw it away when she was with Taecyeon.

 

 

“You gave me materialistic things. I don’t give a damn about the penthouse, the cars or money. Hell, we could live in a cardboard box & I still would be happy if you’re with me. You thought I was happy when you’re never home. I ate dinner by myself every night. I sleep by myself every night. I’m by myself every..night..”

 

Silence

 

 “Sometimes, I wonder if you know me at all. If you love me, you wouldn’t think that I’m superficial & would cheat on you with Taec-oppa..You’re really too much, Tae..”  Tiffany was crying on the floor now. My heart couldn't take it anymore. I walked over to her & kneeled down next to her. I took her into my embrace & I was crying too.

 

"I'm sorry, MiYoung-ah..I'm so sorry..."

 

Tiffany sobbed even more when I held her.

 

"You're...really..are too..much, Tae..." 

 

"I'm sorry.."

 

We slept together for the first time in a long time, holding each other on the living room floor.

 

I promise I won't let you go again..