Partners

Cafe's Angel

"You're her unnie?!"

 

Yoona, her new assistant & I went to a nearby restaurant for lunch & accidentally bumped into Tiffany & Taeyeon. The new assistant suddenly hugged Taeyeon & screamed out 'unnie'. Yoona & I haven't see this side of her yet since at the office, she was calm & reserved, but in front of Taeyeon, she is like a..kid.

 

"Yes, I'm her unnie. Is that a problem?" Taeyeon raised one of her eyesbrow at me. I shooked my head.

 

"Just surprised. What happened in the height department? She is like..tall & you're...not. Just saying."

 

Tiffany & Yoona was trying to hold in their laughter while Taeyeon shot me a mean glare.

 

"You're lucky that you save my marriage or else I would have you fire in 2 secs, Kwon Yuri." I look at Yoona. She nodded her head.

 

"I'm sorry, Miss Taeyeon. Please excuse my rudeness...shorty."

 

I flashed at Taeyeon with my sweetest smile. I don't take threats well. I don't care if Taeyeon can get me fire or not. Sooyoung would be on my side. She's my real boss.

 

"You--!"

 

"Kwon Yuri, BEHAVE." Yoona looked at me & I knew I should shut up & enjoy lunch. During the whole lunch hour, I just sat in silence while listening to everybody's conversation. Seohyun, Yoona's assistant, was an okay assistant. She was sweet towards her unnies, she is a dilgent worker but I still don't know why I don't like her presense when she's around Yoona. They were laughing & giggling. I was getting tired of being ignored so I got up & left.

 

"Thanks for lunch." I gave everyone a small bow & walked out the restaurant. I called Sooyoung.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Soo, do you have anymore work for me? If not, I'm going home."

 

"Uh, not really; You can go home. Hey Yul?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"What's wrong? You sounds..weird."

 

'Nothing. I'll see you tomorrow." I clicked. I feel weird. After lunch, I went to the park to relax for a while. Me & Jessica used to go here all the time but now Jessica have Sooyoung & I have..no one. I sighed & went to sit down on a bench. Using my arms as support, I leaned back & look up at the sky. There was one single cloud in the whole blue sky.

 

I feel like that cloud..

 

"Are you okay, Kwon?"

 

I turned to my left & saw Yoona standing there looking at me. I turned back & look at the sky again.

 

"Are you gonna answer my question, Yuri?"

 

"Yuri..KWON YURI....YURI-UNNIE!" I smirked.

 

"Finally, you call me unnie." I turned back to her.

 

"You ignored me for 30 secs because you wanted to hear me say unnie?" She was fuming again.

 

"Yes."

 

"Why should I call you that?"

 

"Because I'm older than you."

 

"I'm YOUR boss."

 

I rolled my eyes & got up from the bench. I slowly walked towards her while staring at her. She slowly stepped back, trying to dodge me but she stopped against a tree. I was 3 inches away from her face now with my arm next to the side of her head. I leaned in closer to her face.

 

"Yes, you are my boss..from 9 to 5 on Monday thru Friday; After 5, I'M Kwon Yuri & YOU'RE Im Yoona. I'm older so from now on after five, its Yuri-unnie, not Kwon Yuri or Yuri or Kwon. Unnie. Arraso?"

 

"Yes..Yuri..unnie."

 

She was looking at me now. I can see that she is blushing a little bit. I stared at her eyes, to her nose & lastly, to her lips. I lingered there for a while. I badly want to kiss her but I decided not to push my limits. I dropped my  arm & stepped back from Yoona.  I sat down near the tree & look up again at the sky.

 

"What are you doing here, Yoona?" She sat down next to me.

 

"I saw you left without saying much & Sooyoung called me to check up on you when you called in. Why are you here?"

 

So, Sooyoung sent you..not because you care..

 

"Nothing. Just..thinking." I tried not to sound so disappointed.

 

"Oh..well, I need to ask you something.,Yuri..un-unnie.."

 

"What is it?"

 

"What do you think of Seohyun?"

 

I don't like how she is perfect at everything she do at the office & outside of the office. I don't like how she's friendly with you. I don't like how she makes me invisble when I'm with you. I don't like how she makes me feel..useless. I simply don't like her.

 

"She's okay."

 

"Oh, good."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because she will be working with you for the two weeks."

 

I looked at her like she was crazy. She really is crazy.

 

"I have to go to the States with my dad but my workload keep on piling up. Seohyun is new so she can't possibly do all of that on her own. Sooyoung told me that she don't need you that much.."

 

I'm going to kill Sooyoung..

 

"Pleased don't kill my best friend..& its only 2 weeks, Unnie..."

 

I looked at her after I had my head hung low. I noticed something. Her face showed signs of fatigue. She had bags under her doe-like eyes along with a sullen face from not eating regularly. I felt guilty &..heartbroken seeing her like that.

 

"Okay..I'll help."

 

Yoona shrieked & then she hugged me tightly. I smiled & looked up to the sky. My lone cloud is not lonely no more. There is one other cloud in the sky.