Dotted Line

Cafe's Angel

Couple of months later..

 

“Yuri, can you please bring me the ‘Kim VS Hwang’ case?” Sooyoung took her finger off of the intercom. A minute later, her new secretary walked in with the case file & set it on the desk.

 

“Here you go, Miss Choi..”

 

“Yul, really?"  Yuri laughed. 

 

Sooyoung and Yuri got to know each other over time. Sooyoung at first thought she wouldn’t get along with Yuri considering how close she is to Jessica. They almost do everything together if Jessica is not with Sooyoung. At first, she was annoyed but she realized Jessica probably feels the same way about Yoona.

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“Sorry, I’m at work so I have to be formal…”

 

“Not if your boss tells you not too. Just be comfortable with me as you would with Jessica..” Yuri smiled at me.

 

“Okay…so mentioning of Jessica, how are you guys?” I smiled every time I hear my girlfriend’s name.

 

These couple of months had been good but I feel like Jessica is still uncomfortable around me. We would walk together in the streets, holding hands but she would immediately let go when we see her friends along the way. I feel like she is ashamed of me…

 

“Okay.” I look down at my workload. Thanks to Yuri, it’s not as much as before.

 

“Liar…you didn’t look at me when you said that. What’s wrong?” Yuri sat down in front of my desk.

 

“Nothing, really; I’ll tell you when something does happen…but I wanted to asked you something. Does Jessica like skinship?”

 

“Yeah, she loves it actually. She would hug & kiss me all the time when I…” Yuri trailed off when she saw my expression. I was trying really hard not to think of the closeness between Jessica and Yuri’s friendship.

 

“Don’t think of it like that, Soo. She would do that when I come home from work or yoga class.”

 

“Oh. Does she like amusement parks?”

 

“Yeah, but she is scared of heights and scary stuff like horror houses…Why, thinking of taking her?”

 

“Yeah, I want to take her & Sulli tomorrow because Sulli had been asking for her “Angel-unnie” to hang out. She adores Jessica. 

 

“Yeah, you should take her. Why not today?”

 

“WE have an appointment for the Hwang and Kim case today, Yul. Some secretary you are…”

 

“Oh, right. I wrote it on my hand…” I looked at her weird, thinking why she didn’t just write it in a planner. 

 

“I lost the planner.” I just shook my head in dismay and got up from my desk. I went into my closet & change into more comfortable attire.

 

“How come your room looks exactly like Yoona’s room but the only difference is that your room is white while hers is black, white & grey?”

 

“Yoona designed this room the same as hers because she is here 24/7 so she knows where everything is when she comes over. Secondly, our rooms is designed with our mindset."

 

"Mindset?"

 

" White equals pure. I think every case will have good results even if the person ends up bankrupt or simply loses everything.You can only go up when you’re down. Yoona’s mindset is different. She thinks that you’re either right or wrong hence the black & white. She sees very little in the good in people so that’s where the grey comes in.”

 

“Oh, why  though? I mean, a person wasn’t born bad; it’s their situation that makes them that way.”

 

“I don’t know. I guess it’s the cases that we handle that make us that way. Yoona handles child abuse and cases while I handle the materialistic cases which mostly deal with money. I guess the mentality is different.”

 

“I see what you mean.”

 

We walked to my car to our next location where we would meet the people on our case. We arrived at a restaurant and saw two ladies sitting across from each other, each is on their phones.

 

“Excuse me; are you Kim Taeyeon & Tiffany?” They both look at me.

 

“No, I’m Tiffany HWANG. THAT’S Kim Taeyeon. I don’t want her last name.”

 

“& I don’t want you tainting it.” Miss Hwang glared at Miss Kim & Taeyeon just looked away.

 

“Legally, Miss Hwang…your last name is still Kim until you & Taeyeon signs the divorce papers.” I & Yuri sat down at the table. We were in the middle, considering the hostility between them.

 

“So, Kim Taeyeon is filing for divorce to Hwang Tiffany because of spousal differences & Hwang Tiffany wants half of the Kim Taeyeon’s assets which include the penthouse, 3 cars & 40 million USD. Yuri, please have some professional manner & close your mouth.”

 

“Sorry…” Yuri closed & took some papers out for both parties to sign.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“Why do you want the penthouse for, Hwang?” I looked at Tiffany. I want to see her eye smile again, one that melt my heart 3 years ago when we first met. The eye smile that was full of love. Now her eyes show nothing.

 

“None of your business, Kim.”

 

“It is my business if I paid for it!” I raised my voice causing our lawyers to jump up.

 

“I stayed in there more than you look at it!”

 

“I have work, Miyoung-ah! To pay for your expenses every month!” I haven’t call Tiffany’s Korean name in a long time & even though she hates it, I like it calling her that.

 

“Don’t try to blame this on me, Tae!”

 

“You need the penthouse for your lover?”

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

What Taeyeon said to me was a splash of ice water to my face. I looked at her, seeing all the seriousness. My kid like husband had grown up. She is not the same dorky & lovable person that I know & love. She’s hardly ever home & when she is home, she would go in her office, drowning herself in work. Taeyeon is a CEO at one of the biggest hotel companies in Seoul which caused a strain in our relationship which results in our failed marriage.

 

“You really think Taec is my lover?” I look at her thinking why would Taeyeon would even think something like that.

 

 

“Believe what you see & I know what I saw.”

 

 

“Looks can be deceiving; Tae but I guess that’s why we’re going through divorce.”

 

 

“You got that right.” I let out a weary chuckle. There was silence for a while. Taeyeon and I were still looking straight on at each other. Sooyoung coughed and we broke away from our gaze.

 

“Okayy…now I just need you to sign here on the dotted line, both of you & it’s official.”

 

We both looked at the papers and at each other. I was hesitant to sign a piece of document that will end my marriage with Taeyeon but I can’t live with the disappointment of my own lover not trusting me & accused me of cheating with my best friend. I was about to pick up the pen & sign but I felt Taeyeon’s chair moved back and next thing I know, she left the restaurant.

 

“Tae...”  

 

The tears that I have been holding in since beginning of the meeting finally fell.