No More Holding Back

Tied By a Thin Thread

Chapter 8: No More Holding Back

It’s been a week since Kwangmin and Youngmin met at the hospital.

 In the week they didn’t meet Kwangmin and Hyunyoung arranged the meeting with president Sehyuk. Hyunyoung had called a few times and sent around 30 threat letters to the council and in the end she got a kakao message from Sehyuk that he would meet them. In the end Minwoo had decided he also had the right to be present. ‘The more the better’ Hyunyoung had said with a shrug.
 

Now they are in the room of president Sehyuk. To Kwangmin’s disappointment Youngmin has to stand fully to the right while he, Jeongmin and Minwoo are on the left. In the middle stands Hyunyoung, in all her glory or better, in all her fury. Hyunseong is standing right behind her.

‘I’m surprised. This is the first time in my whole student council president career I had such a big group of people against me.’ Sehyuk says with a clearly amused voice. Hyunyoung lets out a laugh, almost not one of a human. ‘Well you must be glad. I haven’t hated a person like this in my whole career as a president either.’ She says. ‘I don’t really get why the rule of the non-dating can’t be disbanded. Those gangs don’t exist anymore.’

‘But the hate of our students does. It seems the flies at Jiso have such a small brain they have already forgotten about it.’ Sehyuk says incredibly nonchalant.

Minwoo and Kwangmin are just in time to stop Jeongmin from running towards him and opening his mouth to let out his fury. Even though both of them are just as mad at him, they know it’s not their place to say it.

Even though Kwangmin didn’t expect it Hyunyoung remains perfectly calm, which is unlike her. ‘But isn’t he a model student of Paran high school? He’s first in his class.’ She says. ‘Correction. He was a model student. That stopped from the day he fell for that little fly right there.’ This time it’s Hyunseong’s turn to get mad. Hyunyoung didn’t see it coming and before they know it he is in front of Sehyuk. His fist lands on the wooden desk with a loud thump. ‘Shut up. If you call them like that one more time I won’t let it slip.’ Hyunseong says. ‘Shim Hyunseong.’ Hyunyoung warns. Sehyuk’s eyes glitter in amusement and he smirks proudly. ‘Be careful. You should stay on her good side if you want to transfer. Not that transferring will help you any. It will of course be nice for me and the school but it would only make your life miserable. You know that video will come out eventually.’

‘I don’t care.’ Hyunseong says, surprising everyone in the room. ‘I don’t care either.’ Sehyuk says. His amused expression has suddenly made place for a cold one. So cold Kwangmin can feel a chill on his spine.

‘So, you won’t change your mind?’

‘Of course I won’t. I don’t know how you flies influenced Jo Youngmin but I don’t care about his or your desperate pleas. The rule will not change. Never.’ He says. Hyunyoung and Sehyuk look each other in the eye. Kwangmin finally understands why Youngmin couldn’t say or do anything. He also, feels really weak right now.

‘Then, we’ll take Shim Hyunseong.’ Hyunyoung says, breaking the anxious air in the room. Youngmin’s lips part but no words come out.

‘As you wish.’ Sehyuk shrugs nonchalantly. ‘Youngmin, let them out.’ Youngmin doesn’t react and Kwangmin gasps when Sehyuk suddenly gets up from his chair and throws the book on his table towards Youngmin’s head. Youngmin is able to dodge it just in time and the book crushes against the wall, making the wood behind it crack. It falls on the ground, once again turning into a harmless object.

‘Now.’ He says, he doesn’t sound annoyed but his look says the opposite. ‘Yes sir.’ Youngmin says before bowing.

‘You ing .’ Hyunyoung hisses through her teeth. Her eyes are wide from disbelief.

‘What did you say, miss president?’ Sehyuk asks, once again turning delighted. Hyunyoung doesn’t say anything. She looks at Youngmin and he immediately gets the message and leaves before her. Hyunyoung pushes Hyunseong softly, ordering him to walk. Behind him follow Jeongmin and Minwoo. Kwangmin watches Sehyuk. The president gives him a slight smile. ‘Something wrong?’

‘You are a ing .’ Kwangmin says. Sehyuk’s eyes widen slightly. ‘I’m sorry?’

‘You’re a ing , that’s what she said.’ Kwangmin says before turning around and closing the door behind him.

He can’t help smiling when he can hear Sehyuk cursing in disbelief and throwing with something heavy behind the door. Payback .

 

~

It only takes a weekend for Hyunseong to transfer all his belongings to his new room at Jiso. To everyone’s surprise no one asked questions about his sudden transfer and nobody, except for some girls, seemed to mind his and Jeongmin’s obviously close relationship.

 

Even though Jeongmin and Hyunseong were dating they didn’t really show their relationship and Kwangmin and Minwoo were both surprised how well Hyunseong fit in their little group.

Sometimes Jeongmin and Hyunseong got caught by Minwoo with his hawk eyes. ‘Ewwww! Jeongmin hyung! After that Jeongmin would quickly remove his hand away from Hyunseong’s inner thigh. Both of them would blush fiercely for ten minutes after the scene had occurred.

 

~

Most of Minwoo’s reaction to the JeongSeong couple comes from plain jealousy. Nobody knows but he’s been making sure to ‘accidentally’ meet Donghyun. It was love at first sight and he made sure to plan a few meetings to make the other think he is the fated one.

Today is also a day like that.

This morning Minwoo saw Hyunseong leave to go to Jeongmin’s room. In that time he quickly entered Hyunseong’s room and checked his kakao messages with Donghyun. It was easy to break into his phone because, of course, his password was 0201. To make a long story short: Jeongmin’s birthday. Even this small mushy kind of affection makes Minwoo’s blood boil from jealousy.

After reading their conversation he found out Donghyun had a meeting with some friend of Hyunseong today. To Minwoo this is definitely a blind date which means: danger!

 

~

Donghyun is on his way to meet Hyunseong’s friend. He doesn’t really know the guy but Hyunseong needed the sport bag that was lent by the stranger. Because Hyunseong still had to fill in some transferring information Donghyun had proposed to him to get the bag from his friend.

Donghyun stops when he hears the quick, swift steps behind him and an excited, familiar voice. ‘Hyung~’ He turns around and he is immediately facing Minwoo. This is the fourth time this week. He thinks, a bit suspicious.

‘What a coincidence.’ Minwoo says with a happy smile. Donghyun can feel himself calm down. There’s no way this innocent kid would stalk me. He thinks.

‘It’s good to see you though. Want to get some ice cream? My treat!’ Minwoo says, happily jumping on his two feet. Donghyun laughs and pats the younger’s head. ‘Sorry. I’ve got to run an errand for Hyunseong so I can’t today. Another day maybe?’

Minwoo immediately stops bouncing and his expression turns sulky. ‘Oh…’ Donghyun has never felt this guilty before. The other’s sad eyes that are facing the streets make him feel incredibly uncomfortable. ‘I promise we’ll meet next time. I’ll give you my number? Is that alright?’

 

Minwoo holds his sulky face a bit longer before acting out the perfect disappointed smile. ‘Ok then. But you have to call me alright?’

‘Of course.’

Minwoo holds a victory celebration in his head. Don’t show your happiness Minwoo! Come on, take your phone out. NOT SO FAST! Slowly, like your hesitating. No, don’t hesitate. He’ll think you don’t like giving him your number.

 

Donghyun takes out his phone and waits for Minwoo. ‘Should I tell mine first?’ He asks when Minwoo doesn’t say anything. Minwoo nods and Donghyun notices the boy looks awkward. He can’t help laughing out loud when he notices Minwoo’s proud eyes. This kid has totally fallen for me! Should I tell him I don’t like his type? No… can’t crush his hope just yet.

 

Minwoo decides to ignore  Donghyun’s smile. Laugh while you still can Kim Donghyun. Soon you will be head over heels for me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

F YEAH MINWOO’S DECLERATION!

This suddenly popped into my head and I thought you wouldn’t mind me writing some DongWoo. I love that gif btw

This chapter is also a bit shorter but I checked and they are much longer than those of my first fanfic.