Alarm

Tied By a Thin Thread

chapter 1: Alarm

It didn’t take long for Youngmin to find out about why he was suddenly called to the student council. The rumour of a video being found of a Jiso and Paran student kissing in the school was already published throughout the whole school. Not that it’s weird. One person that’s part of the student council will find out and will then tell it to a ‘friend’ who will never tell it to somebody else. But of course, that ‘friend’ tells it to the ‘friends’ he or she trusts and it spreads. The rumours have already become worse.

Even though Youngmin is part of the school affairs he didn’t expect this issue would be related to it but yesterday he was told that he is in charge. He’s now in his way to see the video. They’re going to beat me up if I don’t solve this the right way. He thinks as he sees the door to the student council room appearing at the end of the hallway.

 

~

‘Do you see this? This was sent to me by the president of Paran high.’ Hyunyoung says. Kwangmin watches the monitor.

‘So?’

‘At their school it’s forbidden to date someone from our school. The president told me they want an explanation about their relationship.’

‘They can give that explanation themselves right.’ Kwangmin asks, trying to ignore the two people kissing on the computer screen.

‘You are in charge of the school affairs. By the way, isn’t that your friend? It would be nice if you helped.’ Hyunyoung says, looking at him as if he’s a suspect in court. Kwangmin sighs. ‘Alright then. Just set up a date and time and I’ll go.’

‘Good. Thank you for taking on this annoying job.’ She says, falling down in her big office chair and closing the window with the video. ‘Didn’t you say it belongs to the school affairs.’

‘I’m not sure about that but the president of Paran told me their head member of school affairs will come here. You are also one so I thought it would be right. Talk to your friend and then explain there is no relationship between those two whatsoever.’

‘I will ignore the fact that it is not certain this is my job but I do want to ask, what if they do have a relationship?’

‘Just let them break up. If they don’t we’ll be in trouble. I don’t like physical fights.’ Hyunyoung says. Kwangmin’s mouth  has already opened from the surprise of her words. ‘How can I force people to break up?! Does that make any sense?!’

‘Then, do you want the whole school to suffer because of those two? Talk to them first. Maybe they’re not even dating…’

‘But…’  - ‘ARE YOU STILL TALKING BACK TO ME?!’ Hyunyoung jumps up from her chair. Her eyes look strong and her hands are formed into fists.

‘No. I’m sorry president please mail the president of Paran high and I’ll take care of it.’ Kwangmin says quickly. He bows before leaving the room at the speed of light.

 

~

Youngmin is surprised when two familiar faces are in front of him when he opens the door. There aren’t much people from the student council but there is one young man sitting on a big office chair behind a wooden desk. ‘ I’m here president.’

‘I see. This is the boy in question. Shim Hyunseong.’ Youngmin’s jaw drops after realizing the meaning of the words he just heard.

‘You were the one on the video?’ He asks as he turns towards Hyunseong. Donghyun next to him immediately takes a step to the front. ‘Hasn’t this always been a stupid rule? Why can’t he like someone from Jiso high?’

‘That’s not the problem Donghyun hyung.’ Youngmin says stern as he turns towards Hyunseong. ‘Hyunseong hyung, I can forgive you hiding that you were dating a student from Jiso high school, it’s obvious you did, but I won’t be able to oversee the fact that you kissed someone that’s not allowed to be here, not on the school grounds and especially not in one of the classrooms.’ Youngmin says. Hyunseong lets his eyes drop. ‘I didn’t expect that person to come to our school. I’m sorry, I went with the mood and this is what happened.’

Youngmin clears his throat. ‘I see…’

‘Don’t be mild on him. You little- is it that hard to follow the rules?’ The president asks. ‘In 2 days you two and the involved student from Jiso high will meet to end this incident. The council member in charge of affairs from Jiso high will also be present.’

 

After leaving the room Donghyun speaks up first. ‘What are you going to do Youngmin?’

‘My job, of course. You should take these 2 days to break up with your lover. Then we’ll be done quicker.’ Hyunseong doesn’t answer. Youngmin turns around to face his hyungs. Hyunseong doesn’t look at him while Donghyun is staring at him in disbelief. ‘How can you say that?!’

‘Rules are rules. If you are a student of Paran high school you have accepted and will follow the unwritten and written rules.’

‘How can you be so harsh Youngmin? They are dating because they like each other!’

‘Listen to me, both of you. I am not planning to start a fight between Jiso and Paran high school just because this hyung is dating someone. I’m also not planning on getting a beating from the student council because I couldn’t handle a small matter like this. There is only one answer to this problem and that is breaking up and acting like this never happened.’

Donghyun and Hyunseong stay silent for a while. Donghyun rolls his eyes. ‘Do what you want.’ He says before walking away.

‘Youngmin, can’t we just…’ – Youngmin puts his thumb under Hyunseong’s chin and pushes his face up. Their eyes meet.  ‘This is your problem Hyunseong hyung. It became mine without me wanting to. Don’t cause me trouble.’

 

The cold eyes of Youngmin send a shiver down Hyunseong’s spine. Do we really have to break up?

 

~

Kwangmin knocks on the door.

‘Who is it?’ A soft voice replies.

‘It’s Kwangmin. Can I come in?’ Not soon after the door is opened. Kwangmin watches the moist eyes of the person in front of him. The door is opened further and Kwangmin goes in.

‘What’s wrong? Did you get the mail?’

‘That too.’ The two of them sit down on the bed. Kwangmin watches his friend wiping away the once again appearing tears. ‘What is it?’

‘He sent me a Kakao Talk, we have to break up.’

‘WHAT?! But you love each other don’t you?!’

‘The chance is big that he’s expelled if we don’t break up. I can’t do that to him can I?’

‘If that Hyunseong guy really likes you he shouldn’t break up with you because of this. He should fight for his rights!’ Kwangmin shouts but the person in front of him starts crying even harder. ‘I really love him but how can I ask him to risk his education for me?’

‘What do you mean?’

‘Paran high school has the best education in the whole country…’

‘YAH! Our school is just as good as Paran high and by the way, Uta high school is also almost the same.’

‘Just admit it, Kwangmin. We are looked weirdly upon because Uta and Paran are both an all-girl/all boys high school but we are mixed.’

‘What’s wrong with that?’

‘They think we waste our time dating instead of studying. And now me and Hyunseong became the example for that.’

‘Relax. You’re names aren’t revealed and by the way, about Jiso students being bad kids is just a bull rumor! How could you think like that when you are a student at the school yourself? Do you really think everyone here is just playing around?!’

‘No…’

‘Then stop whining and tell that Hyunseong guy you won’t allow him to break up with you! I will help so don’t worry.’

‘Really?’

‘Say it. I love Shim Hyunseong and I won’t cause him trouble but I will help him.’

‘YAH! That’s embarrassing…’

Kwangmin makes his eyes small and stares into the other’s moist eyes. Then the sad face turns into one with a smile and the cheeks colouring pink.

‘Alright, alright. I, Lee Jeongmin, love Shim Hyunseong and I won’t cause him trouble but I will help him!’

‘That’s it! Well done.’ Kwangmin says, grinning from ear to ear.

 

‘But seriously Jeongmin hyung… I didn’t know you were… I mean, I didn’t know you liked….’

‘There is a lot you don’t know about me yet Jo Kwangmin. Give me my phone. I’m going to send an important message. Let’s give Paran high the biggest surprise of their lives.’

‘I think Jiso high will also be shocked hyung. Hyunyoung president is probably not going to let me off…’

‘Let you off?!  She will kill you, I’m sure of it.’

‘Please don’t make me regret helping you Jeongmin hyung…’

_______________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update... next chappie the twins will meet ^.^